So is this just a shitty meme or are anchovies on pizza actually good...

So is this just a shitty meme or are anchovies on pizza actually good? I've never had it before but the thought always disgusted me.

Why don't you grow a pair and try it for yourself

I've not had them often, but when I do I've liked it. They're salty and a little fishy, very savoury flavour. Basically like any cured meat, except it's fish. If you're not into fish I can see why you wouldn't like it though.

sweet tomato sauce
salty fish

it's not rocket science.

Tried them, nothing weird nor some miracle new taste, try it out fat cunt

>are anchovies on pizza actually good?
Yes. They're also fantastic in pasta dishes, tapenade, dakos, and loads of other dishes, as well as on toast.The reason why you haven't tried them is because you're a pussy who's been conditioned by the 1980's "eeewww no 'chovies on teh 'za" meme

a real anchovy is great on a simple mozarella and sauce pizza. those salty canned things are fucking disgusting on anything

In fact I'll post 'chovie dish here in a bit after I take the dog for a walk and figure out what I'm going to do for dinner. Thinking goat cheese, spinach, roma from the garden 'cho 'za, otherwise 'sta of some sort. Will report back.

Awesome don't forget to post here

I really like them but no pizza places near me offer them anymore

Anchovies on pizza are great, but I like it better when they are chopped up and sprinkled around rather than full fillets. When they're in small bits, they melt into the pizza better.

Anchovies go excellent paired with jalapenos, extra chopped garlic and pepperoni.

They also work surprisingly well on white sauce 'zas.

>1980's "eeewww no 'chovies on teh 'za" meme

>implying raphael, michaelangelo, leonardo and donatello didnt open everyones eyes to anchovies on pizza

It's great actually

Delivering, will post final result. Fresh Roma, & oregano from garden, 'chovies and kalamata; 'za foundation goat cheese & spinach

>anchovies and kalamata

how have i never thought of this

Where are you?

Fin, about to tuck in

That looks amazing right now

Put a bit of balsamic on it, that popped it. That smattering of cheese is feta, I'd omit that if you decide to try this out and you used the goat cheese, and be sure to rinse the 'chies and the olives otherwise it's quite salty. 7/10 would do again with some alts.

One of my favorite anchovies recipes is simply anchovies, crushed red pepper or black pepper, garlic, capers, olive oil and white wine; add some other stuff and you have puttanesca, which is grand and what this post is essentially a 'za version of. Have fun with your pizzas. Remember: it's just bread in place of pasta

>anchovies
>meme

Fuck off you fucking fuck, for fuck's sake. Fuck, delete this fucking post you fuck. Sometimes I don't even. Fuck...

I've only had anchovies once and it was terrible. Saltiest damn things I've ever had. If I can get legit anchovies on a pizza, I might try it again.

anchovies are way too salty. maybe if they were washed first, or soaked. i would rather see if sardines work on a pizza, better flavor and texture.

They're the best topping, like little salty msg bombs.

The only time I eat pizza without them is where it's some particular combo I'm trying for the first time and it might take away from what they're going for. They're great. I don't think I liked them much the first time, though.

they're great, kind of like feta cheese that has been infused with meat and even more salt

Anchovies on pizza are god tier. You just have to learn not to add too many.

I can't get past the smell desu
I used to work in a pizza place, and it's probably the only thing I won't eat on my pizza (other than olives, but I've never liked olives)

It's good if you make it yourself, but it is way too salty if it's just added on to normally salted pizza.

Try White Anchovies.
They're milder and larger than the usual kind, and taste wonderful, better than sardines, imo.

Iknorite, they are such are great little umami bomb to put on every other mouthful they could never be a meme becasue they are too delish...

Tried putting some canned anchovies on a pizza, they were overpoweringly salty. Maybe I had the wrong kind or putting them on after was wrong, but it was too salty to eat.

Use sparingly. Realise that they are there for flavour and not as a staple.

>I can't get past the smell desu
>I used to work in a pizza place, and it's probably the only thing I won't eat on my pizza

Same here...when you work at a za joint, you eventually eat so much pizza that pretty much any topping is a welcome change from simple cheese and pep....however, anchovies are the only one that I still refuse.....considering I've eaten a seafood pizza we made with shrimps and imitation crab, this says a lot

I used to hate when people ordered an anchovy pie....it only happened like once every couple weeks on average, but man...that single pie would have the entire side of the store near the oven smelling like an unwashed vagina for the next like five hours, and you would have to go get gloves to top the pizza with them because otherwise the fish stench would stay on your hands the whole day regardless of washing and get on all the other toppings you handle

anchovies are the best; its all about the oil.

the saltiness needs to be at the right level for pizza. most people don't understand that and slap on cheap salty as fuck anchovies on their pizza. I use mildly salty anchovies from my asian market and they're fantastic.

>dakos
Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. No self-respecting Cretan would be caught DEAD with meme saltfish on his dakos.

Disgusting burger-pig! Eat your Chicago-style bullshit with pinapple and leave the real Pizze alone.