Good old Gauss said that if you could understand this identity with just a quick look at it you were "et le caput...

Good old Gauss said that if you could understand this identity with just a quick look at it you were "et le caput dolent friggin pinata fribee", wich roughly translates to "certainly a witty man ".

What do I need to know to test my might?

Don't get me wrong, I'm FULL ON about this numbers thing but the letters really mess the whole deal.

What does that "e" even mean?

"i" as an exponent? Hold it right there chieff, too much numbers for today

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pretty straightforward. It's just the polar expression of z=-1. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number

You can prove that you can express numbers like this with the Taylor series of sine and cosine.

All you need to understand this is the modulus-argument form and/or the cos+isin form. Usually these are learnt with De Moivre's formula.
It's pretty early on in any material regarding complex numbers.

Euler's identity is the Beatles of equations

Overrated as hell (not bad, just overrated) and hyped up by plebs that only know mathematics up to calculus

Well shit, man. If you don't know what [math]e[/math] means, then you're in for a real shock about what [math]i[/math] means..

what does 0 mean?

It means [math]e^{\pi i} + 1 [/math] cancel out.

i have a question senpai, was oiler gaub really smart?

Edgy

The definition of e^x for a complex number x is by a power series, so an infinite sum of complex numbers. If you do it right, is fairly easy to see that the formula is true, bc things cancel out. Apparently he had an intuition for it based on multiplication in the complex plane being just rotation by an angle and scaling, and thought that if you don't have that intuition you're not for to be a mathematician.

>I'm FULL ON about this numbers thing but the letters really mess the whole deal.
irony is making Veeky Forums an ugly place
I've seen way too many irony threads these days and sadly most of them have been of very low quality

nope that's a meme, he stole the patent for the laser from maxwell and sold it to the russians, he's only praised because that helped them defeat the nazis

you must feel good about all those people not realising you're a troll OP :^)

This Real nigga is not dumb

>if poteyto
>then pomtahtoe
yo watch doin meyn dis no injective map, bro, YO, y u invertin thang that no change by puttin 2pi on it, YO, SUP, MANG? y u sayin men brunch aff logamorithm is only brunch, brah??

I'm sorry, I don't speak swah-nigger. Can you please speak English?

and yet this nigger is less retarded than you when it comes to basic calculus.

>hurr lets invert a periodic function
>DURRR

die

Lieb

This. The Stone-Weierstrass is honestly more beautiful and useful than Euler's Identity Not to say it's shit, but it's overrated.