So I stole a bottle of this from my work. I never tasted caviar before so I was curious. And I wasn't about to pay $8...

So I stole a bottle of this from my work. I never tasted caviar before so I was curious. And I wasn't about to pay $8.99 for something that I wasn't sure if I'd like or not.

So I tried some just now. This bullshit tastes like nothing but sodium. Literally like little squishy sodium balls. Ugh. What do I eat this with? This is what rich people pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to eat? You gotta be kidding me pal!

Other urls found in this thread:

flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/485555-eating-caviar-metal-utensils-no-no.html
globalseafoods.com/
globalseafoods.com/;
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did you eat it with a metal spoon?

Pic to prove I'm not bullshitting

I tried some with it, yes

I tried it, and I don't see what the fuss is about. Definitely overrated as fck

>rich people
>$9
>lumpfish
I don't know where to start.

Is there a difference between it, and a $130 bottle?

The expensive stuff doesn't come from this thing.

>Stupid nigger steals food he has no clue how to eat.

Well colour me fucking surprised.

you're not supposed to eat caviar with a metal spoon. user, they have special spoons just for eating caviar. :|

toast and butter, seriously.

Reported your IP to the police, hope it was worth it OP

You should have stole some common sense instead

lumpfish

>it's good because it's expensive

Welcome to the world of "luxury" food.

so which wal mart do you work at?

Goose liver? Fish eggs? Feh! Where's the goose? Where's the fish?

this

Looks like Ned Flanders.

i'm not your pal, buddy

Wow you're dumb

>they have special spoons just for eating caviar.

plastic spoons?

yeah, pretty much. also ones like bone and I forgot the other one. flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/485555-eating-caviar-metal-utensils-no-no.html

Not like sturgeons are all that pretty themselves.
Anthiinae, literally the only fish sexy enough to rub your dick against.

>Metal utensils of any sort are thought to degrade the taste of caviar, but that is just a myth. Caviar comes to distributors in large tins and is decanted into smaller tins for resale, all without harm to the natural taste of the caviar.
>Caviar comes to distributors in large tins and is decanted into smaller tins
>comes to distributors in large tins and is decanted into smaller tins

>DURR HURRRRRFFFF DURRPP WHY U EATING WITH SPOON HERR DURRPP U NO SUPPOSE TO EAT IT LIKE THAT

You bunch of stupid motherfuckers.

you couldn't pay $9 to try something new?
baka desu senpai

mm ):

Lol, this will be the spelling that parents use for Anthony in 5 years.

>tries $9 caviar
>expects it to be good

Caviar for people who know caviar is hundreds of dollars per fuckin' OUNCE

see

I love it on baked new potatoes with a bit of chive sour cream. I just get it from work though; I'd never pay for the shit when I could just use MSG for basically the same flavor.

I think the stuff you got is what the commonly sprinkle on top of cheap sushi, it's ment to have the salty pop. In general my rule of thumb is if it's a white people food don't bother with it, it's always bland and guarantied to disappoint.

Lumpfish caviar is known to be inexpensive and of poor quality, it is even inferior to flying fish caviar which is even cheaper than lumpfish caviar.

besides you don't use a metal spoon, should've used a plastic spoon, metal interferes with the taste of caviar, the entire mother of pearl spoon thing is just a meme when plastic works just as fine

>steals a $9 jar of low quality caviar
>complains it isn't good

Fucking retarded thief got what he deserved

>not knowing that said tins have a thin plastic coating on the inside to prevent metallic tastes from leaching into the food

>strawmans another poster when he himself is the uneducated one

>implying expensive caviar is any better
Please.

>guarantied

>i stole this because fuck paying $9 for something
>buys comics and tazo tea mix
get your priorities straight man
>but I stole those too
if you're going to steal at least steal stuff worth stealing my god.

The best is red caviar with bliny and butter. I gorge on this everytime I go to Russia.

Replace butter with cream and you've got a winner.

you mean smetana or sweet cream?

I'm Russian living in AZ and every time salmon is in season in Oregon I order a massive box of salmon roe from one of those online stores run by local fishmongers.

They flash freeze it and send it to you on liquid nitrogen, and it thaws very excellently, stores for months. Highly rec to eat on good bread/10.

Why in gods name did you leave Russia? Can I have your passport?

Smetana.

no difference at all. just like how dollar store steak is pretty much the same as top grade wagyu.

>white people food

Let's look at the native things Africans eat:
-primates (monkeys, apes and gorillas)
-ebola bats
-snakes
-wild fruits and vegetables (yam and banana basically)
-Millet and Millet beer
-fried grasshoppers

Now let's look at the things African Americans get to eat because of 'white people'.
-Chicken (Borneo)
-Beef (Europe)
-Pork, ham and bacon (Europe)
-Cheese (not found in Africa)
-leavened bread (not found in Africa)
-Tomatoes
-Potatoes
-Chili peppers
-Corn
-Hamburgers
-Hotdogs
-Onion
-Garlic
-BBQ sauce
-pizza
-beer, wine and spirits
-lobster, shrimp, crawdads and crabs

The list goes on. 'White people food' is the food you eat every day, so if it's bland, that's your fault. You should be thankful you get at least two meals a day that you don't have to personally beat to death with a stick.

I got caviar for free in the mail once and thought it was alright.

but i wasn't being a dumb "hurr durr rich ppl lik diz" fucktard.. i just spread that shit on some fuckin club crackers while watching tv.

What stores are these....

lol too mad

it's caviar that costs $9. what the fuck did you expect?

not them but i assume something like

globalseafoods.com/

Silver doesn't react so it could be used.

Average sallary in Russia is 200-300$.

By the looks of it - it's a cheap artificial one.

Good advice, AZbro, want to share the site and your favorite selection?

god, I fucking hate Americans

>Lol too mad fampai desu desu fire/100

Nigger logical refutation at its finest.

Yes, it's globalseafoods.com/; they have sales at relative points in the season. I usually avoid ordering in mid-summer for obvious reason.

Chum salmon caviar is my usual order, but their lox is very good too. Fish generally is very good, but one time I think I ordered 25 pounds of cod (dumb, but cheap) and broke the tip of my good knife trying to separate them since they were all frozen together.

you have fake caviar right there, you probably don't work in a place classy enough to have the real stuff.

>implying you've ever eaten expensive caviar

Please.

Real caviar is black and comes from sturgeon and costs more than 9 dollars a can. You fucked up.

This man knows how to caviar.

>if you're not white you must be black

>Beef (Europe)
>Pork, ham and bacon (Europe)
But cattle were first domesticated in Turkey and Pakistan. Pigs were first domesticated in Mesopotamia.

>not knowing that said tins have a thin plastic coating on the inside to prevent metallic tastes from leaching into the food

Except prior to the very recent invention of plastic lined cans, caviar was shipped in plain old metal cans for generations and nobody complained.

Not that anybody could tell the deference in caviar types in a blind taste test anyway, as OP said, it just tastes like salty salt.

it should taste of the sea

>it just tastes like salty salt.
>it should taste of the sea

yeah since the sea doesn't even taste like salt at all

Why does the expensive caviar so expensive anyway

I mean its just fish eggs how hard can that be to obtain

It's chocolate fish eggs

Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Because sturgeon populations are strained because each tin of caviar fished is thousands and thousands of their babies and destruction of habitat. and it has to come from a particular region that can only produce so many fish.

Whenever foods have to come from a region with limited capacity to produce, prices go up. Think fine french wines.

>did you eat it with a metal spoon?
Is not such a big deal.
Russian here.

Post the list of ingredients, that 'caviar' is probably rubbish.

>>fine french wines
kek