Out of the way, plebs. Patrician coming through

Out of the way, plebs. Patrician coming through.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/11/14/fashion/Author-William-T-Vollmann-Explores-His-Cross-Dressing.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doesn anyone think Vollmann would have better meme status here if he had a definitive meme book? Every one of his books is a doorstopper and they all seem to be pretty equally acclaimed by critics, I think. If one of them stood out it would fit nicely in the new meme trilogy.

Not really: The Rifles stands far above most of his work. I think it's just the sheer volume of writing he's done that keeps him from achieving popularity here.

Europe Central should probably be his meme book. It isn't part of the Seven Dreams but is still a behemoth. He's got a great persona for a meme author: fucked prostitutes in the shittiest part of San Francisco, traveled over the world to do war correspondence and hated it, kind of killed his little sister, cross dresses, and was a unabomber suspect. Oh and he loves guns and is one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

While I disagree that The Rifles is his best work, I think we can both agree that the sheer amount of research put into his work is absolutely staggering.

I liked You Bright and Risen Angels.

Jealous, user?

Jealous of what

Xer sublime beauty, of course.

It's her. Just because Willy cross dresses doesn't mean he's an SJW. Anyway, he knows he makes an ugly old woman.

I'm reading The Ice Shirt now, about halfway through. It's weird but I really like how he tells the story like an old Norse saga. The story about the two skraeling children that live with some Norse Greenlanders and then kill themselves when said Greenlanders left was sad. The Inuit creation myth is absolutely bonkers. Leif is a pile of garbage and Eirik suffered a cruel fate with how his two other sons died.

pretty patrician OP

nytimes.com/2013/11/14/fashion/Author-William-T-Vollmann-Explores-His-Cross-Dressing.html?_r=0

kek

Does he write fiction? Is it historical? What's up with the cross dressing?

he's fucking bizarre but a phenomenal writer. if anything this helps his meme potential

He writes historical fiction and contemporary fiction. Most of his contemporary fiction involves prostitutes, drunks, and drug addicts. He cross dresses to experiment with feminity and write female characters. He's also created an art book called The Book of Dolores. He isn't trans and actually made some trans people quite salty.
He's also written a lot of nonfiction such as Rising Up and Rising Down and Imperial.
His works are exhaustively researched, be it through studying Inuit creation myth and traveling to the arctic circle or smoking crack and fucking whores.

Vollmann too patrician for you fags huh?

He's garbage and his fans can't say anything good about him.

Pfft. Beat it, kid.

Definitely. He's definitely one of the most industrious authors still alive.
It's funny: as a kid, Vollmann was probably one of those weirdos that everyone ridiculed, the kind that sat alone in the lunchroom. Unlike all the other weirdos across the country, though, he actually made something of himself.

Two more books in the Seven Dreams series right? I've only just started, I'm not sure if I should go chronologically (as in the order he wrote them in) or the order of the dreams.

DFW liked him so he's a meme by association. Game, set, match, fucko.

who /cringe/ here