How do i know of i enjoy literature because i like it or because i have inferiority complex and i want to get knowledge...

How do i know of i enjoy literature because i like it or because i have inferiority complex and i want to get knowledge or seem smart in front of others.

I was dropped out from school at 16, to give you some context. But I made some advances since then.

I really really really want that for my shower

>How do i know of i enjoy literature because i like it
>or because i have inferiority complex
probably both, and satisfying the latter fuels the former

Do you read books that only others would know?
Also,
>that pic
Why not just make a water proof kindle?

>Do you read books that only others would know?

No, and that's what makes me doubt that I don't read for vanity.

Most of my friends don't even know that I read on a daily basis, but I'm totally aware that I don't talk with my friends about the books I'm reading because I don't want them to think that I'm bragging about it, not because I wouldn't want to.

Shit

The box, or the 'fat pink mast' on the left?

People here don't like Kindles for really asinine reasons like "real books smell good".

That's what they say, anyway.

If you ask me, it's because real books are trophies for shelves and they're mad at the idea of having spent the time and effort to read a book you can't then display for family, guests, and yourself.

>If you ask me, it's because real books are trophies for shelves and they're mad at the idea of having spent the time and effort to read a book you can't then display for family, guests, and yourself.

damn thats me, i bought a kindle and im using it to read books i already own physically...

Uh, no. It's simply that ebook technology is not up to par.

>I don't talk with my friends about the books I'm reading because I don't want them to think that I'm bragging about it
I think you're alright OP, keep reading.

If I look at my bookshelf, see the title of a book on its spine, I remember that book, I remember the story, the contents. If I pick it up and look at it, yes even smell it, the memory comes back stronger. Looking at my kindle does not do that. Looking at the titles on my kindle does not do that. At no point do I ever have to stop reading in order to recharge my books, and there is no screen or hard drive to crack or fail, which would mean I was unable to read them until they were all repaired. I can have multiple books open at once in order to take references or compare them. I can make notes in my books. I can lend my books to friends who don't have kindles. What I have in my collection of books is not stored on Amazon's servers for their data collection or deletion, if they feel like it. My books do not advertise to me. My books do not have scanlation errors, and I don't have to wait for someone to scan in an old book in order for me to read it. There is a vast amount of anecdotal evidence supported by actual studies which show that reading real books has better comprehension and retention. I even got a date once by giving a girl a book with my phone number in it, which is not something you can do with a Kindle. Books when displayed are even a talking point; "Hey, you have X, I read that last year. What did you think of it?".
Good thing nobody did ask you.

I was in that thread, I think I gave the guy the idea of using gloves
We literate geniuses boy

>but i made some advances since then
whoa chill out there, the Edgelord 9000

Both are totally fan lad, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be better than the others

Why bother with that when you can just listen to an audiobook?

?

>I was dropped out from school at 16
Don't you mean thrown out? Anyways, this is poor bait OP.

It's not bait, and technically i wasn't thrown out.

Trying to analyze why you read is pointless and ultimately doesn't matter.

You should have a bookshelf, as an adult human, but also if you're about dat life it is important to be surrounded by books. With that said not having an ereader is retarded. You can check out any author on earth, any subject before deciding to buy. Ligben is a grand resource

>eBook tech not up to par
>Reading this on Veeky Forums
>Reading it
>Reading

So, what about an eBook makes it hard to read a book but not shitpost here user?

-sent from my multipurpose tablet

Sometimes I can't read the book because in my delusion I see the connections with it and my life. But in a way that's part of reading, to see if situations can apply to you, and if you can make sense of everything.