I rotted my brain and now I can't bear to look at simple grade 8-9 equations. Everything is so hazy...

I rotted my brain and now I can't bear to look at simple grade 8-9 equations. Everything is so hazy, I know the answers from doing them decade+ ago but I forgot all the processes.

This is disgusting. Why did I forget everything? Now I have to go back and literally do Arithmetic and go up because I forgot basic fundamentals.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91c5Ti6Ddio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When all you do is video games all day then try things that actually require your brain to be used, it's a really unpleasant experience. You guys wouldn't understand.

Are you expecting some kind of sympathy? You did this to yourself moron. Have fun flipping burgers.

kek I don't even have a vision or any ambition in life atm, just eternally depressed

How do I unfuck myself?

you would not have revolutionarized maths anyway

chill out

If you want to do it right this time, you should start with the Peano axioms.

>just tried part of an equation
>0+1 and I came out with 0
>noticed my mistake almost immediately but had no idea why I even did that

this isn't even stupidity, this is something that you can only do to your brain from years of being worthless

Begin the slow, painful uphill climb back to competence.

This. Every kid does this.

My father did this every time. He got over most companies, he was successful.

You can do it too. Me too.

One of the side effects of having a low IQ

you would probably know better than anyone :^)

Once I got my shit together it really didn't take long for my brain to start working again. What you're feeling is not your brain rotting, it's working against all the issues that got you down the drain in the first place.

I did it though, I went back from the NEET life at 22 because I knew I'd kill myself before 30 if I kept playing videogames and jack off.

Khanacademy.

JUST.

Playing vidya is what I stryfe for every time I get the chance

Yeah, but what are you gonna do when your brain suddendly decides videogames arent fun no more?

It's kinda weird, I fucking love videogames, really, and now they're not rewarding at all. I really miss being as engrossed as I used to, but at least now I get a similar feeling from my work and getting somewhere.

Point is, one day vidya might stop being fun, happened to me

OP here. Just studied for 4 hours.

First hour was pure hell. 2nd hour was okay. 3rd and 4th were smooth sailing in comparison and I picked up concepts faster and faster.

Feel a little better about myself now. :)

My exams for the year finished, I can already feel my brain rotting from playing video games for 2 weeks 6-8 hours a day. Going to start learning next years content instead

Are you me?

When I was young I could enjoy video games because time felt abundant and there was no pressure on me to achieve.

But now I feel the need to better myself so I can compete better. The problem with video games is also that they are only fun in the moment. You may have fun wasting a year with video games but then you will feel sad when you see what someone else achieved by working for all these years.

It gets better, just stick with it.

if you truly know fundemental 3rd grade math and are not an idiot, most 8-9th grade math should be trivial if you think about it for a while.
I suggest watching the first couple episodes of wildberger's math foundations:
youtube.com/watch?v=91c5Ti6Ddio