I love meat pie. I don't know how to make meat pie

I love meat pie. I don't know how to make meat pie.
Not really asking for recipes, though I wouldn't complain. Just general tips on how not to fuck up making one. I haven't baked in years and I couldn't care less how "authentic" it is.

Meat pie thread

Pork, cloves, pie crust, salt and pepper. Easy as hell to make. French Canadian fag recipe.

I like to use beef, season that shit, fry it up a bit then lay down some filo, dump meat + cheese, more filo, meat+cheese, top filo then bake it.

Not so much a meat pie as a meat baklava but w/e still tastes yummy.

Why are you using meat pie in the context of it being a name as opposed to a variety of food?

What is a 'meat pie'? Is this a specifically American thing?

Y'all nigras need to get on the shepherds and cottage pie train of awesome.

Pies without a crust aren't pies, they're slop and I enjoy a good shepherd's """pie""" every now and then in winter.

Meat pie masterrace coming through.

> they're slop

Pleb detected

depends on the meat you use. But use the juices from that meat to make a gravy with.

standard mince: brown that shit. have some finely diced onions in there, garlic too.

throw it into some pastry and bake that shit.

WHAT THE HELL! WHERE IS THE GRAVY??!

I agree that Shepherd's and Cottage pies aren't true pies, but I think they're allowed to keep using the name. A sort of pseudo-pie if you will. Hotpots could probably be classed as a pseudo-pie too.

But fuck restaurants and pubs that have "steak and ale pie" on the menu and it turns out to be casserole in a dish with an ill-fitting pasty lid. That's not even pseudo-pie. It's just fake pie.

Americans have really weird vernacular when it comes to food so I wouldn't be surprised.

>the shepherds and cottage pie train of awesome.

Those are examples of meat pies. There are other types as well.

I think he is talking about the weirdly teneric use of "meat pie" in the op.

If you had chips you wouldn't say "I had potato, what is your favourite potato"?

I was, yeah.

Steak and ale is the best, we all agree on that, right?

Wrong.

assuming that's kidneys, enjoy your pissy meat dude.

Eh

Ugh. The fuck. Get out.

Samefag harder. Have more top tier pork pies.

Look at this tasty fucker. You'd have to be insane not to want this inside of you.

Meaty pork goodness!

Why would you make yourself look retarded on purpose. Your description shows that you have never tried them and yet you try to lecture with authority based on no experience. You are just demeaning yourself in front of an audience, no intelligent bei..
>dude
Oh, you're American, that explains all of the brain damage.

Too halal for your child raping prophet Rasheed?

One more because just look at it. With a great looking piccalilli, too.

>Samefag harder
what? I just like hats....

I don't know what that is but it looks really good.

You wish.

Nope. Too full of fucking sub par meat and shitty aspic.

Angus.

Fuck the haters, user.

Pork pie best pie

Steak and Kidney Pie. Marginally, but not quite on the same tier as the mighty Steak and Kidney Pud. One of the most magnificent tastes that will ever pass your lips.

So you admit you're just shitposting then.

Says the shitposter.

>aspic

Found the buttpained Burgerclapper

I just don't understand what they hope to achieve by acting like a retard.

London actually and yes, pork pies are fucking shit. They are so shit, I wouldn't give them to my dogs. Shitty, shit pies made of shit for shit fucking scots and other fucking Nancy cunts and barrow boys who think the height of British cuisine is their nan's fucking drawers run once through a washing machine.

Pork pies are THAT fucking shit. Pleb peasant tier fit only for fucking gutter snipes who do budget shopping at fucking Tescos. Ooo look mam, the pork pies are a bob a dozen, les get them in fer tea and you can have them with that cheese you been keepin'.

Shit tier
Pleb tier
Fucking pork pie tier

Take two hundred of them you fucking scum and ram them up your fucking arse so hard your inbred mother will be able to taste them the next time she pegs and sucks at your flabby fucking arsehole.

Hope that's all clear.

Jamie Oliver learned to read at 24 with the help of the text on Pukka pie packaging

Oh dear, oh dear.

So much doing it wrong going on there.

I love the thought of eating them until I finish the first bite then I know I've made a mistake. This happens EVERY TIME I encounter pork pies and I know it'll happen again.

Britbong here, beef pies with pastry are vastly superior. If I want meat and mashed potatoes I'll have bangers and mash.

>London actually

Sure, sure. That famous London aspic all the barrow boys rave about.

>Hope that's all clear.

Totally clear, Brad.

Yanks don't like pork pies because to them it's cannibalism.

You should have just said that you were a paki at the start.

It will only stay edible for 3000+ years so long as it's kept refrigerated

> bangers and mash = godly woman-made cottage pie with 100 year old recipe

Go join ISIS

So your argument against being named Chip is that you're a poorfag?

I have no idea what it is you're are attempting but seeing as you have nothing worthwhile, I'll accept it as a concede anyway. Many thanks and toodles.

Okay Bubba. Enjoy your evening.

> pasta
> in pastry

This is why everyone hates you people

What is this? Human remains?

Animal protein meat formula no.17

One of those fresh from the local butcher still slightly warm, jelly hasn't fully set yet, absolutely wonderful.

Kill yourself.

I make this cheese and onion pie using short crust pastry and I want to try something with meat in it. What filling would go best with shortcrust pastry? Preferably something that can keep moist.

Steak and kidney. Obviously.

Everyone hates Italy?

Everyone hate you fat twats because of you eternal childish shitposting.

> everyone hates Italy?

It said that where cocknugget?

Well as it's an Italian food, Pasticcio di maccheroni and that is what caused you to sperg out. I think everyone can see your rodent brain as clear as day.

> implying anyone gives a fuck about shit tier wop 'culinary' abominations

Have a nice day.

Later, rat brain.

Antipodean detected. It's a long time since I had a bacon and egg pie.

They sell them in bloody Sainsburys all the time. Do you live at the bottom of a lake?

Ask for a meat pie for christmas

>pork-pie

"Nadiya will be missing this week's bake off challenge."

It's something my New Zealander dad used to make, but I never think to get one myself.

They're awful. I'd rather swallow a grenade.

kidneys just fucking ruin it, lets eat piss filters

Gb2 Greggs, fucknut.

>wild game pie
sounds fun

This god damn plating makes me want to kill myself

Just put the fucking potatoes on the plate FUCK

How are these? I've always wanted to try one.

Thick cunt.

Not that bad even though the pastry only sits on the top instead of encasing the filling. I couldn't finish the chicken ones though.

nice photoshop

This is some Fallout-tier shit

good hangover food