Is there a legitimate reason that incandescent light bulbs should be banned or is it just more liberal faggot shit?

Is there a legitimate reason that incandescent light bulbs should be banned or is it just more liberal faggot shit?

>Is there a legitimate reason that incandescent light bulbs should be banned

No.

The best argument for it is that they are inefficient, but given other, more energy expensive excesses, this is a rather poor argument to make.

I've broken my desk lamp's bulb twice so I am biased against them personally (it's a pretty shitty desk lamp, but I can move it around and I'm cheap)

tldr they are higher wattage

They are cheap and effective. That should be enough

Just tax them higher so retarded companies stop producing outdated shit

>outdated

Another Veeky Forums-typical "Ignorance is Strength" thread.

This is why I think academia people are completely retarded, specially does who do CS and engineering instead of the stuff like math and physics.

Look at this fucking faggot

>Invented something revolutionary
>xD gonna publish so now instead of my name, MIT will be on top of it
>Instead of just cutting all ties with university and going with a major electronics company and making a deal for billions

Literally get a contract with a manufacturer, make a couple of commercials that tell the normies about how it is more efficient while a science guy vaguely explains a popsci version of the process and why it is more efficient and that is it. THAT IS ALL.
BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY AS EASY AS THAT

But no, Mr. Autist going to keep collecting those 90k a year like the cuck he is.

10/10

And they say people at MIT are smart. topkek.

a) the university owns the IP, you can't cut ties.
b) proof of concept =/= production prototype.
c) the media almost quotes "scientists from x". Do you really think they made that graphic themselves?

Please try to control your autism.

But it makes me feel smarter if I claim that it's a Jewish conspiracy to make people like me fail.

Do you believe that guys who control that market will keep sit on their asses and watch how a single guy claim do destroy their business?
It's not happen. Capitalism is a cancer for innovations

>Capitalism is a cancer for innovations

First, no. Because there is competition. As I said, you could make a deal with a single company basically in secret and by claiming the patent they would have literally 10 years of free money. You, obviously, get a percentage of every sale and no one except the company knows who you are.

Your stance only holds in a world where literally only one person has money and everyone else is poor.

You don't need need to go to a established company, you just need to get some investors to back you up. Even the CEO of rival companies would start buying stock from your company because everyone just wants to make money, not be fucking bond villains for fun.

Also, I'm sure starting a business in North Korea would be so much easier.

Riddle me this, Veeky Forums:

>incandescent bulbs 'waste' energy as heat
>I use energy to heat my house
>waste
>heat

>The best argument for it is that they are inefficient,
This isn't really an issue for bulbs used indoors in winter.
The "wasted" energy is heat, released into the indoor area,

>more liberal faggot shit?
>everything I don't like is communism

>there is competition
lol

They just get your patent and put in the shelf for rhe next 10 years. This is how business work.

>Wanting to get rid of that comfy light orange glow because of "muh environment"

I'm pretty sensitive to that shit, and I say LED bulbs make as good a light as incandescent. It's slightly different, but just as good.

LED lights are where it's at. You want muh incandescents? I don't care go ahead and pay for all that wasted heat.

Thought I was reading Veeky Forums cancer for a second there.

What if you invent/plan something on the downlow and then when you're done at uni you make your own thing?

>BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY AS EASY AS THAT
You started many of those, haven't you?

I heard years back that those squiggly lightbulbs Obama wanted to push contained small amounts of mercury, and need to be replaced in some sort of special way, though this is never actually done. Now, I heard this from my somewhat insane 7th grade environmental science teacher, so if anybody actually knows anything about it I would appreciate the input

Obama is right.

Heat from light bulbs is dangerous (kek)
@
Breathe lethal mercury vapor instead

Ask yourself this:

Do you notice the difference in temperature due to the bulbs? If the answer is no, then it is a waste of energy. A small one, but still a waste.

This viewpoint is only valid where heating is required. If you are running AC then incandescent is a fucking energy dragx2.

Mass production of products that contain poisonous substances is retarded unless the plan is to poison the population and create a brand new clean-up and medical industry. Capitalism can be cancer.

Go away /pol/, no-one likes you.

The latter.

>more liberal faggot shit
gtfo trailer trash

>all liberal ideals are inherently good
>all non-liberals are literal nazis

Please stop trying to speak for everyone you degenerate social reject SJWtards. This isn't your safe space bitching blog.

Holy fuck is that really what you got out of those posts