Hormones, sugar, and antibiotics

New report on antibiotics and hormones in fast food. Most fast food restaurants failed in the study failed.

For sure we need to reduce antibiotics in our food supply....among other things as well. Stop eating this sugar laced, antibiotic and hormone laden "fast food" garbage Veeky Forums.

>inb4 it tastes good
foe.org/projects/food-and-technology/good-food-healthy-planet/chain-reaction

google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/09/15/health/fast-food-meat-antibiotics-grades/index.html?client=safari

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/narms/animals.html
consumersunion.org/news/the-overuse-of-antibiotics-in-food-animals-threatens-public-health-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm surprised McDonalds of all places is rated so high, I was expecting it to be in the F area.

They like money, since people care, they care enough to make a C+

McDonalds gets shit on the hardest despite them being some of the first to change consistently. Seriously, they were among the first to change frying fats, add "healthy" options, change children's meals, etc.

They're the George Lucas of fast food.

McDonald's runs the tightest ship out of all of the fast food places

I'm more shocked at Taco Bell being that high.

McDonalds corporate only manages the brand and suppliers. The restaurants are outsourced to franchisees, which is why their quality can vary pretty drastically. There is a company franchisee that runs several high-profile locations and test sites but that's it.

Well to be honest it's because they personally got called the fuck out with super size me

What the fuck is up with Starbucks? Are they using low quality milk or something? An F ...Oh god

>companies are keeping me from getting food-borne illnesses

Oh no, what monsters.

C+ is a passing grade so I'm ok with this

'called the fuck out" is a nice way of saying borderline slandered but yeah it did probably force them to change.

>Chipotle
>A for not using antibiotics
>F for E. Coli outbreak

Wow Taco Bell.

Kek

Who is the jj Abrams of fast food?

Sugar? Are you fucking kidding me? The obsession that Americans have with the evilness of sugar is now very firmly in the realm of self-parody. They will literally look at a pile of deep-fried fatty garbage, fatty meat, fatty ice cream, pancakes full of butter, burgers, chicken, pizza full of oil, even oil in the dough, and they'll lose their shit because there's a pinch of sugar in the ketchup, a tablespoon of syrup on a giant stack of pancakes made with eggs and cream, or a bit added to feed yeast. You people are a serious fucking joke.

>vegetarian starts eating 5000 calories of meat per day
>wow I feel a bit sick
>and I gained weight
McDonald's BTFO! Nevermind that numerous people trying to recreate his results haven't been able to.

I didn't realize just how much our food supply is polluted with antibiotics and sugar until recently. It kinda freaked me out.

>Starbucks
>F
Really?

It's almost as if they're connected somehow.

You must not be great at reading

>living in burger land
Holy fuck no wonder Americans are so fat. Look at all those fast food varieties.

I know, right? How DARE they inhibit microbial bacterial growth in the food I was going to shovel into my own body!

People aren't getting it.

Scientific expert bodies for more than two decades have concluded that there is a connection between antibiotic use in animals and the loss of effectiveness of these drugs in human medicine. 80 percent of the antibiotics sold to us are used in animals. This is about OVERUSE of antibiotics in food animals and that overuse is causing us to become resistant to these antibiotics. It's a very real threat to our overall health because antibiotics don't work when you need them if your resistant to them.

Are you retarded? Everything in America is sweet as shit. There's High Fructose Corn Syrup in everything from salad dressing to beef jerky.

It's very rare to find real sugar as a real ingredient though, that's true but not for health reasons. It's because of bureaucracy driving up sugar prizes.

cdc.gov/narms/animals.html

In 2010, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the CDC all testified before Congress that there is a connection between the routine use of antibiotics for meat production and the declining effectiveness of antibiotics for people.

consumersunion.org/news/the-overuse-of-antibiotics-in-food-animals-threatens-public-health-2/

This isn't about preservatives added after the meat is already processed.

No, what they are doing is blasting the cattle with drugs so they don't get infected and die prematurely due to the absolutely abysmal living conditions they are raised in.

So your choice is to Either treat the animals, so that when you have the flu you're not getting food poisoning too OR to say "Fuck it" to keeping your fucking food sources microbe free, and having people puke and shit their guts out, but hey, at least they don't have the sniffles, right?

TACO BELL IS THE STRONGEST CHAIN IN AMERICA
9/9 bretty good

>antibiotics
>flu
Nice bait

Stop eating animal products

Sonics

A bunch of bright colors and wannabe retro

Probably because of all the milk and cream

>sugar in our food
Watch sugar coated documentary on Netflix. Real eye opener

If "bureaucracy" means "massive subsidies artificially lowering the price of corn to an extent that corn syrup is way cheaper than sugar".

It's a good documentary but it needed more IMO. They focused on fatty liver and really went against soda, and I understand that. One topic was about the Sugar Industry trying to give sugar free products a bad name and label them as harmful in 60-70s. I wish the doc would have delved into the sugar free topic more and address all the propaganda out there about it too. I wanted to know if things like Coke Zero also blast the liver even tho they are 'sugar free'. Anybody here know?