Has anybody else completely dropped going to chains? Why pay anything to go somewhere with garbage food and atmosphere

Has anybody else completely dropped going to chains? Why pay anything to go somewhere with garbage food and atmosphere

I pretty much just go to local chains at this point. I can make things just as good as or better than most chains so why bother spending more money to do it?

The only chains I go to are Subway for when on the road/no time to cook, Panagos because there is no local good pizza place where I live and booster juice for the same reason as Panagos.

i usually don't but i'll still go to chipotle since it's right by my apartment. There's also this great cajun chain in ohio/indiana called yats that i go to all the time, it's like $8 for a meal so not really fast food, sort of like chipotle

Nah. "Fast casual" is bretty gud. At least, they succeed at being decent.

Yep. I never eat at chains while in my city of residence. There's no reason to, when there's a million other places with great food.
The only time I eat chain restaurant food is when traveling, because it's pretty hard to get away from it at one time or another when you're on the road.

I was never a fan of chain places, because the food is inevitably made from the absolutely cheapest quality stuff - that's just the economics of running a chain. I live in a city and cook, so it's really easy to avoid chains. The last chain restaurant meal I had was a burger at Shake Shack about a year and a half ago. As far as chains go that place isn't terrible.

NM reporting in. I don't know if anyone else here will read this, but Blake's is a FUCKING TRASH MEME
The only reason it's around is because ABQ is run by the same old fucks who refuse to change. And NM people vomit whatever opinion their family brainwashed them into.

I do miss Checkers in the South, taste/feels like beetus but the fries were good and I used to reflect at a Florida location.

When it comes to local chains I prefer Braum's over Sanic. Sonic always makes my stomach hurt and the raw onions are unappetizing.

>Michigan
>Dominos

Bullshit.

>Oregon is Papa Murphy's

It hurts to live.

PS I know it's only because it was founded here. Still.

>Ted's

I've lived in this state my whole life and never even heard of that.

I don't think I like food anymore

Nah they have their uses. Good local places are nice but at any kind of peak time good luck finding a spot. Tried a local bar for the football game this weekend, couldnt even stand near the bar.

Some are into that, Im not, so my local Hooters is always a nice alternative where i know i can get a good view.

As someone from Montana that picture is just wrong. There is one Teds that is overpriced and pretty meh.

>Arkansas
>Slim Chicken's
no just no

The mascot is wearing a fedora, and the food suuucccccckkkkks.

In 'n Out is really not that common in CA. The north didn't even get it until a while ago. McDonald's on the other hand is one per street corner almost.

>SBARRO
In 1995 they had one in Times Square. Out side of torists no one eats that shit.

Coloradofag reporting in. I stopped at one in Gallup on the way back from a road trip and it really wasn't that bad. I'd eat there over mcdicks any day of the week. Santa Fe has a bunch of amazing restaurants though that blow it out of the water though.

I looked it up and it's attached to some random hotel in Bozeman. No wonder I've never heard of it. Most of the locations are in the Northeast US too.

>NH
>Moe's

these maps are always completely wrong

All the Space Aliens restaurants that I've seen only last less than a year and then they shut down.

I hate going to chains; I think it's a huge waste of money. I would rather go to a local place and pay more every time. The only place I still go occasionally is Five Guys and that's maybe once every few months, because they have the best fast food burger

NC reporting in, Fairly accurate if not Brojangles it would be Cook Out

I felt the same way about sd. had never heard of the millstone before, then found out that's because it only exists in rapid city

they should have gone with like mackenzie river for montana desu

Ted's Montana Grill is actually from Atlanta, GA. It's named for Ted Turner, is one of his companies. I was a manager there for awhile. I opened the Colorado Springs location as a line cook. Left the years later as kitchen manager. I had to go to Atlanta for six weeks for management training. So many fucking homeless niggers. I got to meet Ted Turner as if that's worth mentioning.

>VA
>not arby's
do you even thinkin'

I never even knew there was a Ted's in Colorado Springs until now. Guess you learn something new every day.

VA is for sure not Arby's

Subway gave me food poisoning once so I don't go there unless someone forces me to. Connecticut has a lot of small business restaurants/cafes anyway so it's not too hard to find a good place that isn't chain associated.

I know Sbarro is meme-tier but NY should be Cosi instead or something.

giffords is definitely not the most popular chain in maine

Shut up, tendie muncher.

There are only a few of these in the whole state... how could this possibly be the most popular?

>whataburger

We do eat that shit up here like crazy. It's everywhere. There are in n outs around Dallas. It's really good too.

>south carolina
>denny's
>not waffle house

map is wrong

Sometimes I go into MaccyDees, smack 50quid on the counter and say "Gimmie all the nuggers you got"

>Culver's
I've lived in this state for a cumulative total of 17 years and went there for the first time last month. It was OK.

In general the only time I go to large chains is when I'm on the road because I know what I can trust to just sit in my stomach and not give me trouble.

Who the fuck makes these maps? I live in AZ and I can only think of two Cold-Stones and I don't even know how they're still in buisness. Another map said that Toblerones we're the number one Halloween candy. I have literally never received one while trick or treating, nor do I know anyone who has. They're pulling this outta their ass tbqhwy.

It came from there, user.

NC fag here, bojangles is the fucking best.
Moved to indiana and legit had somone question a chicken bisquit,
>"chicken? Uh,no. But I've had a sausage bisquit.a chicken bisquit sounds gross"
It really hurt the redneck in me.

I don't see A&W on there, is the American version worse than the Canadian one? Up here, it's one of the best fast food places IMO.

it's a dying animal sadly. there used to be 3 within driving distance of me, now there's only one and it's one of those half a&w half kfc places

I would say your mistake is going into a place with a drive through but really it's just cities.

Service and atmosphere is fairly shit all over the Research Triangle like any metro, but over a two week trip through the South I ate lunch at a Hardee's (Carl's Jr.), Wendy's, and KFC, all within a hundred miles of the Appalachian mountains, and they were actually nice.

I was taken aback when the register girls at Wendy's in Cleveland TN looked like pic related as opposed to the 300 pound nubian princesses that inhabit Durham.

Dude I was disappointed too - honestly it should have been Amato's since the Subway guys were some dorks from Massachusetts who had memories about eating at Amato's on vacation

That being said fuck Amato's