Can we all agree that this is objectively the greatest book of the 21st century?

Can we all agree that this is objectively the greatest book of the 21st century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U43IPBNqvWw
lmgtfy.com/?q=exif data editor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah.

hahahahahhahahahhahahahaha

Yeah, if you're a purple haired androgynous college girl who only likes the book because you heard it was all just vaginal symbolism

If this isn't pasta, it should be.

lol, its fun but no way.

I grew out of puzzle books when I was like 7

Mark Z. Danielewski is a bad, fedora wearing, cuckold of an author.

House of leaves is tripe, its for pretentious people who read too deeply into things, or freak out because the word house isn't colored blue on one page, but it on the next, its like reading spot the differences in highlights for kids except its 700 pages long.

"Muh adult pictsurr bewks!!!"

I liked this book when I was fifteen but I really doubt it holds up

Holy God, what a cancerous thread.

Is the structure of the book its most noticeable quality? Yeah. Is it entirely necessary? Probably not.

Is that all there is to it? Hell no.

I loved House Of Leaves, and I'm a guy who can't stand gimmicks. I loved the atmosphere of depression and dread, the feeling of being way out of one's depth, and the childlike wonder that overrode all of that.

It's a joy to read, and Veeky Forums's phony snobbery doesn't change that.

>phony snobbery

That's exactly what house of leaves is you blind moron.

Yeah, I bet you have an awful lot of 'child like wonder', its probably why you thought it was a good book.

youtube.com/watch?v=U43IPBNqvWw

I read this when I was jobless and abusing sleep aids. Its all I did for like a month, drifting in and out of sleep not really sure what thoughts came from my dreams and what thoughts came from the book

Wow, really makes you think.

He's not good at reading out loud so he's automatically a shit writer?

I liked it

it's ok

are you the mc from the book?

btw I just want you to know that colorful hair feminists are the best kind of people in the world.

I really enjoyed it. but it's far from the greatest anything. It could be a good Kino film or series if the right director gets it. I'm about to jump into the familiar which looks interesting.

>published in March 2000
>best book of the 21st century
>still 84 years to go
Wouldn't bet on it, famiglia.

Is this true?

yes

unironically they actually are.

>implying Dukaj's "Perfect Imperfection" doesn't already have that title

Whores are pretty neat but I wouldn't call them the best.

Good book, but I liked "Czarne Oceany" even more.
I'm currently reading "Lód" and it is a blast. I feel so sorry for people on this board that they will never read any Dukaj. Makes me feel better for not being a native speaker of English.

All men are whores of the world.

It's a shame that Dukaj won't get global recognition due to writing in Polish and getting barely any translations, even though he's the cream of the crop of current literature overall (my opinion).
But maybe the magic of his writing lies in the language, and maybe his books wouldn't be as good if written natively in English.

samefag

Hell naw, bruh, 'specially since you got shit by Gass, Pynchon, Bolano, McElroy, and Vollmann.

actually I can think of only one person this applies to

No actually

u edited that, it's obvious because it took 6 mintues to post

ok. exif data exists. You can tell if I modified it.

:>

lmgtfy.com/?q=exif data editor

those other two posts aren't me and I'm going to get some coffee bye

they're you

Actually never mind, I just looked this person up and they don't even have colorful hair. Hair dyed unnatural colors is fedora-tier.

Don't speak Polish, or read it for that matter, what are the recommended translations for his work?

Any you can get. His last translation was for "Ice", I think.
A bit of his skill gets lost in the translation, but it's great nevertheless.

The climax made me feel hard, desu senpai. Really amazing and emotional ending.

Plus the part about Johnny's narrative turning into a real book within his plot was a real mindfuck.

great b8 OP you almost made me write a serious reply to your shitpost

I don't think that his language is as important as you make it sound. I find his writting very uneven, often oscillating between genius and mediocrity. I'm sure that somewhat talented translator could manage it. Hell, there are translations of Finnegans Wake. I think the real power of Dukaj are brilliant ideas and unorthodoxy - something that modern fantasy/science-fiction lacks in general.

It is, though.
There's nothing that can express feelings as good as a simple "kurwa", for example.

Not the same guy, and not that it fucking matters, but haven't we all learned that browser inspectors exist yet?

I've always thought that dying your hair blue or pink is the female equivalent of wearing a fedora

Post yfw you realized Zampano wrote house of leaves, Johnny is the fictional continuation of his and Palefina's son who died just after childbirth, Zampano is Minos and Johnny the Minotaur.

No. The 21st Century started on January 1, 2001. House of Leaves was published in March 2000. It therefore cannot be the 'objectively greatest book of the 21st century.'

And given the great literature that was produced in the 20th Century, it's also not anywhere close to the greatest of the 20th either.