Lookin for comfy 50's60's beat/folk lit

lookin for comfy 50's60's beat/folk lit

i've already read kerouac,ginsberg,burroughs,pynchon,farina

please help.

bump

I've a vague idea Leonard Cohen's novel is somewhere in that ballpark.

really? i figured itd be some kinda slapdash surrealism

ill look into this

that chick clinging onto Bob could fit in todays world with that straight hair/coat/boots fashion.

this album came out closer to WW1 than it did today

Divine Right's Trip sounds right up your street. It starts as a slow kind of hippie romp, then turns into very light Thomas Wolfe. By far one of my favourites.

Brautigan best beat.

thanks brother will look into this

its a blurry line, but not so much looking for hippie as beat kinda stuff though

Really the Blues by Mezz Mezzrow isn't exactly Beat literautre but is kind of a precursor to the movement and the spirit of the Beats.

he had bad taste in women.

no. she's appropriate for him. you do know he's not a looker, right?

read Go! by John Clellon-Holmes and The American Express by Gregory Corso

1. Implying that Sarah Lowndes was not a looker, and 2. Implying that Dylan wasn't slamming pussy like crazy during the 60s.

What planet do you guys live on?

I think he's a looker for a folk star.

There's like less then 5 readily available sarah lowndes pics. He started dating his backup members for some reason in the 80s, he has a fat black daughter or 2.

Not really, not a poet/rockstar at least. Like, yeah, he got more pussy than you or I ever will but it's not like he fucked an astronomically huge amount of people.

Bob Kaufman

Also, read whatever they read.

>he smashed Joan Baez
rest my case.

She's qt

Have you read any Miller yet? He's like the daddy of the beats but better and less of a little bitch.

so could bobby desu, strong normcore demarco vibe going on

cheers guys, a lot of good suggestions and i'll hopefully get around to them all

Kenneth Patchen

Kenneth Rexroth has a great poem where he made up a Japanese poetess and pretended to translate her love poems. I cant remember the name of it but its by far the best beat poem published outside of Ginsberg and corso

hey thanks for reminding me to read Albion Moonlight

It's so good! Check out Sleeers Awake too if you want something even weirder.