Hello, Lit. Can you recommend me any books on being a man (patrician/alpha or however you call it)...

Hello, Lit. Can you recommend me any books on being a man (patrician/alpha or however you call it). I've recently turned 18 and realised that I ought to get my shit together. It can either be a non-fiction book with advices or a fiction that has a character that can make a sound role model ( but I would prefer the more practical ones though)

So far I've read/ reading atm:
The Art of Manliness by Brett McKay and Kate McKay
As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
How to be a Man by Glenn O'Brien
Stuff every man should know by Brett Cohen
(The Odyssey as well because it is somewhat relevant)

Basically Veeky Forums how do I turn from a Telemachus into Odysseus or auburn hair Menelaus without going to war? Thanks in advance

And just to make sure, I don't have to BUMP on Veeky Forums, do I?

No book will ever teach you how to be a man. Just be yourself, and if you're a man you're a man. If not, then oh well.

Wasted trips
Go to /r/theredpill and read what they recommend
Some starters
No more Mr nice guy
Models by Mark Manson
The rational male
Book of Pook

You lumbersexual and alt right tryhard faggots are just as cringe worthy as SJW and liberal cucks.

Thank you, I will check the subreddit. I've heard about "No more Mr Nice guy" - I will definitely get hold of these books when I can.

"Nothing can replace experience hurr durr"
"Nothing can teach you a mindset/some manners and rules"
"Bee Yourself"
I bet when you wanted to play the piano you've tried it once realised that you just not a musician, though to yourself "oh well" and gave up.

A big part of being a man is not being so insecure about how you're perceived.

Who said anything about being an alt-right or lumbersexual? Strawman fallacy much, my friend?
I am looking to learn how to live with dignity, manners, open mind while being helpful, confident and a good friend.
You just drew a conclusion that I wanted to be a walking caricature based on .... oh, wait ... you've based on absolutely nothing.

Learning to play a piano is completely different from being perceived as a man.

I complete agree but another part of being a man is a continuous strive to improve yourself.

The problem is that you're trying too hard to be manly by reading some utter garbage self help books that are written for MGTOW and the like. You fell for the redpill meme, is all.
Do you think your father and grandfather had to read manuals on how to be men?

Maybe, it wasn't the best analogy but an argument that a mindset cannot be learned, understood and put into practice is wrong. It is like saying that one cannot form habits because after all being a man is just forming a lot of good habits.

Read The Iliad and The Odyssey

I've read the Odyssey and I will be reading the Illiad during this summer.

What I've learnt from the Odyssey:
>Raping and pillaging the Ciciones or anyone else is admirable
> Don´t have your priorities straight, keep going back on your decision (He can´t decide if he wants to get home or to have more glory)
>Betray your men by making your ship safe and letting them being killed by the Laestrygonians
> Kill 108 cunts instead of killing their leaders Antinous and Eurymachus and asking the others to pay you for the damage
> Be more like Orestes, he killed his mother, He is cool as fuck
> Be a stubborn prick who doesn´t believe anyone
> Lie through your teeth when it isn´t necessary like when he made Laertes pull out his hair and cover his head with dust from despair
> Tell everyone how your fame had reached the heavens

The homeric hero is a bit outdated but the book taught me what not to do and how not to be a walking machismo meme

If you read the whole Scientology opus, you will become Tom Cruise tier alpha male.

Well, I disagree with you dude because at least "The art of Manliness" and "How to be a man" are completely not for MGTOW. They just give good advices how to behave well during formal occasion, how to dress a bit smarter and how to do things like being a better guest and/or host. Once again being a walking meme is not something I want to be. I believe that there is a lot of knowledge to be gained from these books for me.

How to be a man.

1 - Don't complain
2 - Get the fuck on with it
3 - Solutions not problems
4 - Stoics are the most manly men.

>reading books on etiquette is manly

Thanks, m8. That´s very helpful and concise at the same time
What are some good books on Stoicism you can recommend?

>What are some good books on Stoicism you can recommend?
The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is all you need.

Is it not? So disregarding rules and not giving a shit about other people thereby showing yourself an uneducated is the manly thing to do. I didn´t ask you how to be a fucking barbarian or a lumberjack, I would´ve used the word gentleman but it is now being progressively used to describe White Knights.

>getting pissy about being called a prissy bitch

Doesn't matter what you read you will always be a woman.