What are some staple foods that can be unhealthy in ways nobody realizes?

What are some staple foods that can be unhealthy in ways nobody realizes?

Additionally, do they have any healthier alternatives?

white rice and potato's, salmon, eggs, banana's

Bread is not unhealthy.

>unhealthy

the word has lost all meaning

White bread is pretty bad

Is it true that white bread in America is very sweet? I know a few people that have been and say it is like eating cake, but I find that hard to believe.

I prefer wholemeal anyway, especially the ones with the seeds on them.

It's a stretch to say that it's like "eating cake". Japanese white bread is much sweeter. But it is indeed quite sweet compared to traditional styles of bread.

I don't know, I'm not American. Normal white bread is pretty bad for you too though

Interesting, cheers. Figured it would be an exaggeration.

Back on topic, and not so much a staple food, but a lot of people have no idea how many calories are in alcohol.

You mean like ciabatta, baguette, vienna loaf? Why are they bad for you?

Largely because they don't label it, I believe. Although I'd much rather take unlabeled alcohol over increased restrictions.

It's not that it makes you fat, it's just not very nutritious and thus not very filling.

You have to eat a lot of it, on its own, to feel full and THAT can make you fat.

I don't like cakee because it's too sweet but white bread(and most breads) have sugar in them. It's not really sweet but in comparison to 'good' bread it is. It's also weirdly soft and moist.

Yes, it is.

Coming from New Zealand (so not exactly a culinary haven) now living in the US, store bread is horrific.

Razor thin and with a sickly sweet taste. Literally tastes like low quality and babby palette

>palette
Why do you fucking retards have so much trouble with this word?
It's a cooking board ffs.

you're using buzzwords that have no meaning in real life
ie. you're a retard

Most of us are forklift operators.

Fruit. Pretty much just straight sugar. Don't get me started on fruit juice.

Shit like wonder bread has added sugars. You can get other kinds though, so yes and no.

The grossest shit ever is peanut butter (ton of added sugar) and jelly (almost all sugar) on wonder bread. No kid should eat that.

Your joke would have been funny had you said "artists" rather than forklift operators.

Rice has naturally occurring arsenic. Not enough for your average person to worry about but if you eat rice at every meal or concentrated rice foods like rice syrup (cliff bars) regularly, it could have some adverse health effects.

Inb4 empty calories. If you get off the computer and move around you need calories.

>Eggs
>Bananas

Explain yourself

>ie.

i.e. You are a knob scrubber

Which buzzwords?