Okay Veeky Forums If I have 2 buckets filled with a liquid that is 100 degrees hot and then I mix the liquids together...

Okay Veeky Forums If I have 2 buckets filled with a liquid that is 100 degrees hot and then I mix the liquids together will it become 100 degrees hotter or stay the same?

Stays the same
You'll just have double the volume

May I ask why?

>May I ask why?
temperature is a measure of energy DENSITY
how else did you think it would work?

No way. I come from /b/ fuck off fag thank you by the way

You get 2 buckets at 200 degrees

You have to convert to Kelvins to solve

Each one is 373.15K, so the resulting mixture is 746.30K, or 473.15°

If your hands are the same temperature and you touch them together, would they suddenly get hotter or would you just not feel anything?

PV=nRT

No

They get so hot I get third degree burns. Everyfuckingtime

You'll end up with a bucket full of 100 degree water and a wet floor

If I had an object that was 1000 degrees C and held a 500 degree flame under it would the object cool down?

But at 100 degrees it would be steam

t. thermodynamics pro

no. i bet you live on the surface, you subhuman trash

you idiot, it was 100 degrees hot, not Celsius

Well if the surrounding is cooler it would cool down around until 500degrees at which point it would halt cooling off. so yes

if my house is -1000 degrees and i set the AC to -500 degrees will my house heat up?

>not all liquids boil at 100

Waste of quads

First law of thermodynamics. look it up.

>using ideal gas law on liquids

>implying it isnt just a theory
slow down there

>Summer
>House is hot, 80 degrees
>Turn on A/C, set it to 70 degrees
>House heats up to 150 degrees and I die

If the first liquid is 100 degrees hot to the left and the second is 100 degrees hot to the right, both directions cancel each other out, so the result will be zero degrees hot.

If the initial liquids had a hotness of length a, the mixture will have a hotness of length a*sin(40°)/sin(80°).