I'm making cilantro-lime shrimp and chicken tacos with some mango salsa. What cheese works with the shrimp?

I'm making cilantro-lime shrimp and chicken tacos with some mango salsa. What cheese works with the shrimp?

> chicken and fish
> together

Just use a fresh Mexican style cheese. And I sure hope the shrimp and chicken aren't going together in the same taco, that sounds gross

Clear;ly you've never had Jambalaya then?
Or Etouffe?
Or Paella?
Are you a flyover?

>shrimp are fish
Retard.

Fucking retard. Delete this.

> Shrimp aren't fish
Retard

they aren't really together in jambalaya or paella. the rice and gravy effectively insulates them from each other.
Jambalya are very often garbage anyway.

I've never had etouffe.

he's right that having chicken meat and seafood directly next to each other is rough. the flavours dont go together.

>shrimp
>chicken
>mango salsa
>lol some cilantro and lime too
>shit I forgot the cheese

americans

Why not? I make cajun pasta with blackened chicken & shrimp, andouille sausage, wine sauce, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and parmesan all the time.

>the rice and gravy effectively insulate them from each other
what the fuck are you talking about?

Seemed pretty clear to me.

Maybe you're just a fucking idiot?

NH

don't use any cheese

>What cheese works with the shrimp?

Avoid cheese. Maybe some avocado? I'm not sure you need a texture like that in there.

The chicken, shrimp, sausage, and vegetables are all cooked in the same roux, fuckwit. The whole point is to marry the flavors.

Or maybe oaxacan idk

Dumbfuck. What else goes in these 'ethnic' dishes? Spices, herbs, your beloved sausage, etc.

The flavours are effectively swamped and likely because the poor fucks that came up with these 'dishes' had no choice but to put them together.

It remains a fact that fish and chicken together - as the tastebudless OP suggests - do not complement one another. At all. All superior culinary cultures would agree.

Cotija cheese works really well with most mexican dishes especially with cilantro and lime it is what i use whenever i make street tacos

Shrimp are actually crustaceans.
Get educated.

>gravy

skip the cheese. blend together sour cream and cilantro and finish with that (if you get a thicker-style sour creme, cut it with milk so it's more of a sauce)

>thinking gravy only means the sauce used in roast meat dinners

lol pleb