>"unctuous"
>"toothsome"
>"deconstructed"
>"artisanal"
>"locally sourced"

>chicken

>"food"

>"memes"

I agree on all of those exept robust, i think it exchangeble with hearty witch is ok word to describe food

>"adjectives"
>"adverbs"
>"descriptors"

>"cloying"

Ah the Veeky Forumslickbait
Gotta love the shitposting on this board sometimes

Go on, make a thread about cast-iron pans next, or maybe even one of those meta "Is a meme?" threads

Guaranteed (you)

I would rather eat the pastries that the local drug addict shelter has the druggies make and sell on the trian

>i greentext mundane culinary terms and post off topic reaction images

"Mouth feel" really bugs me, because we already have the word "texture" for this, and it doesn't make you sound like an idiot.

Unctuous describes a person not food, who the hell does that, I want to know.

>toothsome

What kind of fat middle aged women horseshit is this

You are a thousand percent correct. It's like describing a knife by using the words, "pointy stabby thingy."

that's so wrong..

different wine has different "mouth feel" due to being more or less tannic. the texture is still liquid, but the mouth feel is different.

Sorry bro. "Texture" can effectively lead in to descriptive intricacies.

it's not really a texture, though.

do you even understand what i'm talking about? because if you've never had a really tannic wine or unripe persimmon or even some kinds of raw grapes you won't see what i'm getting at

I understand precisely what you are saying. I suspect you have glossed over my retort.

>two guys who have a preferred dipping sauce for chicken nuggets trying to be clever

i agree that it's stupid with food, but beverages have different "mouth feels" that i wouldn't consider to be a textural thing. how can a liquid have texture when there's no sediment or solids in it? how would you describe the "texture" of water?

i think texture only applies to solids.

sweet and sour sauce is the best followed by buffalo ranch

>locally sourced is bad
>he doesn't shop local

>toothsome
The only person I've ever heard use it was some flaming faggot eurocuck, maybe it's popular across the pond where they all talk like raging queers

That sounds p nasty senpai

"Locally Sourced" is a meaningless buzzword.

What does "local" actually mean? Can you give me your definition? Can you tell me what the definition is for your favorite restaurant that advertises themself as such?

Trick question: no one knows, because no single definition of “local” exists. As a matter of fact, the geographic distances between production and consumption is largely irrelevant for food products described as “local.” To wit, in 2008, Congress provided a legal definition of “local” and its legal synonym “regional.” In section 6015 of the “Food, Conservation, and Energy Act,” which amended the “Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act,” “locally or regionally produced agricultural food products” are defined as those in which the final product is marketed, so that the total distance that the product is transported is less than 400 miles from the origin of the final product, or the State in which the final product is produced. So if you live in on the border or in a smaller state, "locally sourced" could mean anything from "the farm down the street" to "wholesale from the industrial agribusiness two states over".

locally sourced is a good concept atleast

I'd alert you to the extent of the appropriateness of the term but such exertion would surely trouble my valve. Have you read widely in Boethius?

All I can think when I drink licorice tea is cloyingly sweet, it is disgusting but addicting

Even drank a light beer such as corona? Now drink a +12 ABV barley wine or IS. You will get it (thick, slick, oily).

last time i made a thread like this i got a thread quality warning.

>addicting
*addictive

Texture is how the food feels

Mouth feel is the way it makes your mouth feel

Have you never had a nice espresso that made your tongue feel like velvet?

guess im just that good

GOML

mads are clearly asleep due to the overflow of cake and caviar threads.

"Locally sourced" usually tastes better though

>cccrrreeeaaammmmyyyy

>"unctuous"
>"toothsome"
What the fuck? What do these even mean?

unctuous = oily

toothsome = not mushy

Rustic is honestly the worst one out of that whole list. Everything else is just pretty pretentious, but I fucking hate how "rustic" has become an excuse for poor quality or laziness.

eg.:

>Hey man, your veggie prep work is kinda shitty; this item calls for a dice and you gave me kinda large chunks, and like a third of them are uneven
>lmao hahahaah xdxxDXDXD who cares dude just make it and put it on the daily specials board as "Rustic" the people eating it won't care or notice the difference

FUCK YOU

JUST PREP THE VEGGIES LIKE PROCEDURE SAYS SHITHEAD

It's only an excuse if you have incorrect expectations as a consumer. Rustic is essentially the business telling you that the food will lack the very techniques you advocate for. That's what rustic means, it is peasant style. It's exactly like the terms folk or traditional in music. It means the music will lack refined technique on the part of the composer or performer. Some people actually like that (bad taste). Everyone else should use those labels to avoid poor technique.

yeah sorry rustic is a thing

>"activated"
>"cultured"
>"homemade"

>restaurant
>homemade

gets me every time

>Americans

You consider pizza a vegetable so why is your opinion on the definition of "local" of any interest?

What the fuck are you talking about? Mouth feels like velvet? You're autistic as fuck.

He's a coffee fag, so you already know he's autistic. He can probably tell you what color Tuesday is.