What's your opinion on better than food book reviews?

What's your opinion on better than food book reviews?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLbxtAr8E2U
patreon.com/booksarebetterthanfood?ty=h
youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4
youtube.com/watch?v=6iDdRSBW92s
youtube.com/watch?v=pdjIuK5TZmc&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like a lot of the books he does but I get nothing out of his videos.

I've watched every single one of his videos multiple times. He single handedly got me into reading, thanks to my friend from steam linking me to his youtube channel. I've bought a ton of the books he's reviewed.

Pretentiousness personified. Not a surprise since he majored in film.

Oh, so I guess pursuing your passion shouldn't be allowed because if you're not utilitarian about your approach to live and vote for donald trump you're pretty much just a pretentious hippy,. am I right? Fuck outta here, I know what kind of person you are.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT: youtube.com/watch?v=GLbxtAr8E2U

it's so pretentious, and his name is CLIFFORD LeSargent, like what

> I know what kind of person you are.

Humor me.

>Humor me.

cringe

anti hippy conservative who thinks donald trump will make a great president, global warming is a hoax, and hippies and liberals are the scum of the earth. fuck outta here.

?

I'm actually an environmentalist, Trump is pretty funny but I'm not American so it's not very relevant. The rest is more or less correct.

Hey, Cliff.

omg I had no idea I was actually cliff sargent. What a mind fuck.

get coffee at the same place he did, pretty cozy spot

He says nothing interesting about the books but has good picks. Similar to us lads on Veeky Forums desu. it ain't an easy thing to do.

He's very intelligent and good at reviewing books. I recommend subscribing to him if you like books.. Please support him via Patreon to help with making great videos: patreon.com/booksarebetterthanfood?ty=h

Thank you.

Omg are you cliff sargent himself?

No, I am not but I am a fan. I'm glad you like his videos.

They aren't reviews and watching him is a waste of time.
He also posts here.

he says in his introduction that he does exclusively positive book reviews desu senpai.

It's not the if the book is good or not, it's that it's about as insightful as a Wikipedia article.

Donald Trump is going to make America great again.

>not calling his channel cliffnotes

Has he ever done a contrarian negative review?

Praising consensus favorites like Borges and Nabokov is not that impressive.

>He also posts here.

Why would he waste his time

me on the left

He doesn't post here.

He only gives brilliant and original reviews.

No, it's more insightful that Wikipedia. These are original thoughts and opinions and words straight from my brain. Have you actually watched his video? If you have real complaints you should be more constructive.

Not sure if actually him or someone subtly pretending to be him pretending not to be him

Only good booktuber is bulletdeer and he isn't even a booktuber

youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4

Underrated post

>No, it's more insightful that Wikipedia.
I disagree, when I think about researching a book I'll consult Wikipedia and not Cliff.
>These are original thoughts and opinions and words straight from my brain.
Nothing original about them. It's the Wikipedia article with long pauses and theatrics and no insight on the book itself. I can read the general outline of the plot myself.
>Have you actually watched his video?
A dozen back when he first started posting here.
>If you have real complaints you should be more constructive.
Your opinions are boring, there is no insight and I get nothing out of it since it is all the same opinion on the endless praise on each work given in a theatrical reading of the Wikipedia article. I often wonder if he's actually read the book he's reviewing, because the lack of actual thought on the novel is astonishing. All those long pauses and all you can get is 'I liked it and this is the plot'.

He only seems to highlight books he likes.

Which is smart from a marketing perspective, but why would we be discussing should a crass pleb-oriented masscult charlatan here?

>why would we be discussing should a crass pleb-oriented masscult charlatan here?
It is smart from a marketing perspective.

>youtube book reviews

i'd rather go to goodreads

He is a big tease. I feel like he is always on the precipice of saying something insightful about what he's reviewing but he never gets there.

Donalds position on global warming is better than as shillerys, he was anti Iraq war when killery was pro war. And he was pro gay marriage when shillery was still saying 'muh sacred bond'

Even the most bleeding heart environmental fags should vote trump over Hilary.

Besides all that, it's unbelievable unrelated

>Pretentiousness personified.

I honestly don't see it. There is nothing overtly insufferable about him. He's just a guy who is trying to put out reviews about books that overlap a lot here, so that is where a lot of your ire is probably coming from. I don't really watch his channel but the few times I have he seems chill. I'd go to the pub and bant about books with him over a few beers.

He introduced me to a lot of book I'd not heard of before him and he's easy on the eyes.
My favorite booktuber by far.

He's like the Jeremy Jahns of literature. If you don't know who Jahns is that's not a compliment.

>killery
kek

This guy reviews all the Veeky Forums memes- he certainly posts here and is possibly OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iDdRSBW92s

What a terrible terrible review.

He's sexy kunt with great taste.

He's said once or twice that he doesn't much like DFW.

Does anyone know what he does for a living? He seems to be well off enough to travel around europe and he has a decent living space.

can you elaborate on whats wrong with jahns?

he's a trustfund kid

he's also steralised, cucked by himself

I'm OP and trust me, I'm not Cliff Sargent.

Dont watch his video on Georges Perec. you might want to kill your self.

Why does he put such emphasis every time he pronounces a french word? he doesnt speak it. Pretentious as fuck.

He is the Lindybeige of Veeky Forums.

(That's either a compliment or insult, depending on your preference.)

>HEY GUISE
>THIS MOVIE
>WAS AWESOME
>IT DID THIS
>AND THAT'S TOTALLY COOL
>AND THEN IT DID THIS
> AND THAT'S NOT AS AWESOME
>OVERALL
>I GIVE THE MOVIE
>A RATING OF
>PRETTY COOL

>For only one dollar a page I, Clifford Le Sargent, will read your book and give it a glowing review.

He's ok, very pretentious.
His review of Submissions is the most deafening pretension i've ever witnessed.

He is handsome. Book reviews are okay, the only special thing about it is that he's better than 95% of booktubers.

He's the typical Veeky Forums poster
>trying too hard to 'not care'
>reading meme shit for difficulty sake
>poor as fuck,chump change motherfucker
>always complaining about lack of time yet perpetually broke
>compensating with 'knowledge'
>doesn't lift
>pretentious, unfunny and narcissistic

I can smell the jealousy from here.

Go to sleep Cliff, I MIGHT pay yo 1.5 dollars per page for a review if you send me some of pictures of your pretentious and hairy boipucci, I bet it smells of leather and panamanian tobacco

L o l I'm not Cliff, but you should calm down.

He is really cute tvh

Dude we both know you are Cliff, I've sent you several emails about the boipucci thing. My novel is about 400 pages, you might get 600 dollars out of it, that's a lot of books you could buy Cliff.
You don't even need to show face, just boiipucci and if you want some extra bucks (I could easily do that ;) ) You just need to describe to me how your boipucci feels, smells , etc, be pretentious, and try to be funny like in your videos.
Email me, you know who I am, I don't judge

His channel isn't about giving a PhD-tier analysis of the books he's read. It's meant to be a comfortable, collaborative effort between him and whoever lands upon his videos. He casually talks about books, and then his fanbase goes and picks them up. It's supposed to make this literature accessible to anyone coming across his channel. He does a very good job of what he's set out to do.

yeah, you should just give in, Cliff, user seems like they mean business.

I have watched most of his videos and enjoyed them. I was surprised when he said he was in his mid 20s as he looks about 40. The best book channel overall that I have found so far.

>Pretentiousness personified
I thought that was his shtick.

If there are Frenchies there

youtube.com/watch?v=pdjIuK5TZmc&feature=youtu.be

>he's also steralised
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha source ?

Good selection of books, but tries to hard to be funny. You get the feeling he thinks only plebs watch him.

one of his vids, can't remember the one. he's on painkillers there

Watched a few random videos, and I'm not sure about the pretentiousness part.

It's hard to talk about 'big' books without sounding you have something to 'prove'. Everyone knows that feeling trying to explain why this and that was awesome when most of the people nowadays don't actually read anything, and will look you funny for it.

Appears he sidestepped this problem by talking to the internet instead. From the reviews I saw, it seemed as though he just was really enthusiastic about books and they were a big thing in his life.

And to be honest, sometimes watching people talk about things they love is kind of hypnotic.

he just comes off like he's being himself. I think he has a good way with words, otherwise I wouldn't have watched every single one of his videos multiple times and bought half the books he's reviewed solely because of him.

Also, people saying he's pretentious... isn't caring about whether or not you come off as pretentious, pretentiousness?

J'ai lu son Eddie et l'ai beaucoup apprécié; son deuxième bouquin vaut le coup?

Si tu aimes les bouquins de tantes merdiques comme son premier, alors je dirais oui.

O

>tfw no Veeky Forums bro to make videos with