Why aren't tapas served in American restaurants?

Why aren't tapas served in American restaurants?

too small for americans, theyd end up eating everything.

they are, at fucking tapas restaurants in America.

It just looks like appetizers. Applebee's has half off apps

i can see a tapas place from my window so this is just patently false

t. burger

They are eurofag, they're called appetizers.

We don't like sharing.

End of story.

Uhh. No, we definitely do.

Why are "shared plates" on nearly every decent menu?

Probably this. They'd assume they were starters and wonder when they were getting their burgers and fries

Nowhere I've ever been outside of California. Would that happen to be where you're from? Outside of appetizers sharing is an awkward situation in most places. We hate it when people try to take food from our plates like it's some kind of communal affair.

It depends on where you are regionally. Where I'm from you're busy getting positively shitfaced and tapas is perfect for that. Pick at things like some kind of alcoholic vulture.

So we can pretend that we aren't going to eat the whole thing ourselves.

>image.jpg

How fucking flyover can you get, OP?

Tapas restaurants were bigger than the retarded cupcake fad 15 years ago.

Stop saying "we". Plenty share entrees because they want to try good food.

None of the places in America are true tapas bars. They're supposed to be served for free as you order more and more alcohol.

A bar near me in college had bacon night on Tuesdays with as much free bacon as you wanted
does that count?

Calm down, Small plates places are pretty common in flyover too

I guess?

Most restaurants do serve tapas, they're just called "appetizers" and we then proceed to eat a full meal after them.

this.

HAHA BACON LOL EPIC I JUST FUCKING LOVE BACON

BACON BACON BACON

You have restaurants to fuck tapas in America?

Fuck tapas. I had them in Spain the night before going on an 8 hour flight and I had food poisoning the entire flight. Dirty ass spaniards.

Gee, thanks guys. Stop bumping shitty bait thread with no replies.

>he doesn't order his whole meal off the appetizer menu

I live in Georgia and that sort of thing is everywhere.

Tapas are a poor appetizer. We usually just drink some soda or water before the main dish comes through in a restaraunt. But bleach is a recommended filler to my euro friends before the main dish

are you ok user

Tapas bars are a thing, even in my small city, but of course, it's in the nicest part of town.

The differences with America and Spain are the dining habits. Americans don't stroll around in the evening to sample every restaurant's appetizers before a proper dinner late at night.

Americans have this weird notion of a single plate, one entree/two sides, maybe a bread, soup or salad on the side.

Ordering a la carte just doesn't happen that often, so tapas have no real place in mainstream American cuisine

Burgerclap here, this is a restaurant in my city

These are american tapas

I went to one with my ex. I didn't like it, it ended up being like 70$ for two of us but she let me fuck her butt after so it evened out

Bravo

Not all bars serve free tapas in spain.

source: spanish guy

Wouldn't work. free shit would get taken advantage of. they'd run your spanish ass out of buisness if you gave em out here.

Basically this
My fat coworker has a panic attack when the entree shows up and it's not the main
Americans have never been exposed to food that's possible to enjoy as such
What they call "food" is really a mechanism for experiencing the sensation of eating. It's good insofar as there's a lot of it. If it's presented in human size quantity and not a fucking trough, it's worse than the holocaust and who are you to police my body, I'm going to sue can't you see it's genetics?

Tapas IS served in American restaurants. There is like 12 tapas places in the city I live in, and it isn't even a very big city.

Why do idiots who don't know shit about America make assumptions about America based on that ignorance?

>because they are fuckin' retards