I can't read anymore. I keep thinking about how I'm eventually going to die and therefore...

I can't read anymore. I keep thinking about how I'm eventually going to die and therefore, any reading that I do is useless and any knowledge I gain, too, is useless.

What is my problem, Veeky Forums? Is it just depression? Have any of you faced similar forms of reader's block?

Stop being a fucking pussy and enjoy your life while you have it

nigga, its not a readers block. accept death as a fact and move on

no other philosopher comes to mind than Camus, because i've always accepted death as a part of life

>I can't read anymore. I keep thinking about how I'm eventually going to die
Do you also stop eating because eventually you'll be hungry?

You're so eloquent.

OP here.

Please, guys, just answer this question....

What's the point of filling our heads with knowledge when one day, could be tomorrow or could be 80 years from now, our brains will essentially turn off.

I mean, what's the purpose? What's the use of it all?

most of us were at this point, you never get over it. unless you want to kill yourself right now, and want to live some more, then why not attain more knowledge? i do it for fun, because i want to know, and i've stopped wondering if it has a purpose. you just learn, to create. literally, or in your mind.

if you don't like knowledge, you can always switch to hedonism

What else are you gonna do with your time here?

Nigga, you are not finite, you are infinite, during your short lifespan you can easily live the entire human history and future. Books make your existence longer not shorter

cus you can force order from the chaos. You can create something, chase something, etc. Read Moby-Dick

Living forever is probably even worse.

Maybe read the Epic of Gilgamesh?

If that answer, or the other ones ITT don't please you, find one yourself. You have a brain, after all, and you'll convince yourself the best.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm pretty much over it

sure, but it's still there, you just don't give af

Life is not a problem to be solved. It is an experience to be lived.

sadly, this is true

there is no purpose, get over yourself.

You sound like Lemony Snicket.

>sadly
?

OP, I'm dead serious here.
Imagine a life worth dreaming about for eternity.

why Gilgamesh, i want to read it, but what does it have to do with this thread?

spurdo rebebz agebst the abzerd
he fides endgoymend in regublar worg
washez ze dibshez end goys wit the flou
spurdo dobt garez wat habben tommolo

i like solving problems

Aha, then it would be ideal for you, wouldn't it?

> I'm eventually going to die and therefore, any reading that I do is useless and any knowledge I gain, too, is useless.
The question here is then: what is the use of knowledge? The answer is: to change the future. Not the will to life, but the will to power, which transcends even death.

Or what did you think your knowledge was for? To keep in your head?