Then put in a 200 degree oven for 45 minutes
Take the steak out and glaze it with honey and soy sauce
Put back on pan on low heat and cook with butter and onions
Serve immediately and top with butter and ketchup

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sounds good

This is the technique for cheap cuts, I hope.

Marinade steak with choice marinade.

cook onions and butter in pan at med until onions are clear.

Increase heat to high

Sear steak on both sides to seal in flavor.

Reduce heat to medium

keep dressing melted butter and onions onto it

Cook until rare, med rare or whatever.

Pretty basic way i do it but i play with it sometimes and i don't have a bbq.

No

WEE WOO WEE WOO GORDON RAMSAY COMIN THROUGH
youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

Put salt and pepper on, cook to order.

Buffalo steak is the way to go.

Cape buffalo or water buffalo?

>Roast on high flame.

You're doing it wrong.

Dis-gross-ting.

>adding sugary shit to your steak
how shitty is the meat you're eating

sounds about right

You almost got me until the ketchup

1. take a fork or a knife
2. poke holes all throughout the steak
3. pour vinegar all over it making sure it gets into the holes (will break down the meat and soften it)
4. let it marinade overnight

thank me later

Not bait

place a wireless thermometer in your biggest steak. Cook your steak in an oven set to 280 degrees until you hit 120 degrees. Sear in a pan heated to 600 degrees for 4 minutes a side, or on a grill heated to 750 for the same. Finish at 135 for the perfect steak.

I'm referring to a steak at least 1.5 inches thick.

use a blowtorch

This

I'm more akin to microwaving steaks.

For stovetop steaks, I just sprinkle a little salt and pepper and sear it with just enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Sometimes I'll toss in some sliced mushrooms while the steak cooks so they can absorb a bit of the grease. Serve with a baked potato or an ear of corn. Cheap and tasty.

This

Please stop spamming Veeky Forums.

Wonderful tips. Imma try this. Thanks, OP.

No problem

Not this.

>5 minutes
sheit, this is way too lo-
>the rest of this
>ketchup
Oh, I see

?

Yes, your bait worked, no need to go further user

?

>olive oil
stopped reading there desu

>roasting your steak for five minutes

Just let it sit at room temperature for half an hour you fucking idiot. Make 50/50 butter and olive oil, put on high, wait till butter browns and sear on both sides for 60-90 seconds MAX. Let rest in foil in 140 degrees celcius for 10 min, serve.

Fuck you.

>eat this expensive steak in Japan
>chef keeps fucking fiddling with it
>CUTS IT INTO BITE SIZED PIECES IN FRONT OF ME
>no crust because Japanese people don't like crust on their meat

AWWW HELL NAWWW

As someone who lives in Japan, can confirm. Japs have zero concept what-so-ever of how fucking steak works.

I get it, you're a filp. I hope prasident Duterte's death squads get you!

that was probably traditional preparation of a steak. in most japanese steakhouses they will prepare it for you western-style but they will cut it into small pieces because you're still supposed to eat it with chopsticks. at least they don't marinade because marinading a good fucking steak should be a crime.

>traditional
Just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean they're not ruining good meat.

>pour in spices and melted butter into ziplock bag
>throw in your meat and get it covered
>put it in your sous vide bathe
>wait for set time
>take out and let rest
>sear in max temp cast iron skillet
>let sit a minute before eating the perfect stake with minimal effort

Oi

Certainly wrong. You're overcooking the meat, and overpowering the flavour of it with all sorts of other things.

You should get a nice cut, and no less than an inch thick.
Leave steak out to lower it to room temperature.
Heat up a thick-bottomed frying pan to about 45-50 degrees Celsius.
Melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan.

Put the steak in, spoon some butter from the pan over it.
Move it about so it doesn't stick, after about a minute turn it over.
Add a little bit of pepper to the side you've cooked, spoon some more of the butter on.
After about three minutes (making sure it doesn't stick) flip it again, add a bit of pepper to this side, and keep drizzling butter.
Cook on this side for about three more minutes, still being careful not to let it stick to the pan.

Because it's on relatively low heat, the edges of the steak might not be cooked yet, but both sides are done, so if they don't look cooked you want to stand the steak on its edges just long enough to brown them off.
There's no point putting it in the oven since it's already as cooked as we want it, so just let it rest for a minute and then serve. Of course if you have several steaks to prepare you can keep them in the oven to keep them warm, but no higher than 45 degrees because you don't want to cook them any more.

If you want it medium rare you'll have to raise all the temperatures by about 10 degrees.

Do not add any condiments or seasoning except maybe a pinch of sea salt on top.

If you want a brick piece of shit at the end yeah sure

>b-but cooking your steak properly means it will be all dry and gross! I'm not just a filthy fucking savage who should stop pretending to be civilized and just eat raw meat straight off the still living animal, barely searing it is NECESSARY for a nice juicy steak!

/thread

Heston Blumenthal solved this shit a long time ago. Quit fucking around.

Salt your steak, find the hottest heat source available, put your steak on that shit. Flip it every 15 seconds till it hits 125 (USE A FUCKING MEAT THERMOMETER YOU DON'T HAVE SUPERPOWERS) Put some pepper on that shit and let it rest at least 5 minutes.

NOT POSSIBLE TO COOK A BETTER STEAK. IT'S SCIENCE.

please die soon

Why

>Salt your steak, find the hottest heat source available, put your steak on that shit. Flip it every 15 seconds till it hits 125 (USE A FUCKING MEAT THERMOMETER YOU DON'T HAVE SUPERPOWERS) Put some pepper on that shit and let it rest at least 5 minutes.
>NOT POSSIBLE TO COOK A BETTER STEAK. IT'S SCIENCE.
He's flipping it constantly because he's trying not to get the inside too hot, ie keep it rare. That isn't perfection, it's a way to get his desired temperature without making a crust, something I desire, not steam that never dries.

I adore Heston, but I think he's going insane with the flipping. I'll take someone ladling some hot fat over the top, crusting the sides as well as the top and bottom, and Ruth's Cris is great, Christies in Miami, as is a well done Peter Luger skirt steak with a everything-but-the-kitchen-sink glaze, so is a butterflied flank smothered in chimmichurri (argentine beef is tasty). The

One of the best steaks I've ever had was at a leftover from the Trader Vic's era restaurant called the Mai Kai, where a filet was seared on all sides by a 1800F chinese clay oven thing they've been using since 1945. It had a hint of teriyaki too.
Best steaks in the country are Berns in Tampa FL.

PAN
NICE AND HOT

> Berns, Tampa FL

Just looked this up. Thanks for the tip. Going to make a specific stop next time I'm States side.

How do you afford to travel the world do u hav jo.b?

Asperg Cuckenthal is literally a kitchen memelord that brought us such classics as "frozen fries are better". him and J Kenji Alt-Cuck get together to suck their wives' dicks and spout retard strength pseudo science about shit everyone knows already

Lawyer

Wow can you do court things do u get to yell at bad criminaul

Look, there's no rocket science to perfect steak. First, perfect steak is just over medium rare. Too much rare is a specific taste but well done is a fucking abomination.

I use this pan. It's cast iron and looks like shit but this is my go to steak baby and it never fucks up.

You need to get this is as hot as possible so leave it on full heat until you can feel the heat coming off it from a foot away. Put an oil in that's got a low smoke point. Enough to cover the bottom. Once that oil starts to go very liquid and you can feel the heat, slam your steaks in. Two at a time but no more as you want the surface heat maximised.

Leave it approximately one and a half to two minutes and lift to check the side is perfectly crusted and grid scored. Flip it. Same for the other.

I love fat on steaks. Two ways to do this: either cut the fat off beforehand and score it and put it in a few minutes before the steak. It will curl up into a delicious little curl of perfect crispness by the time you're done. Alternatively, and once you have experience with the heat, once both sides are done just lift it with tongs and place the fat side flat down on the pan and press. The fat cooks remarkably quickly but you need to concentrate the heat and hold it.

Once this is all done, place your finished steak on a piece of foil, wrap and leave for no more than two minutes. The heat will keep cooking it while you get your plate etc. Plate up straight away, salt and pepper if you prefer.

That's it. It's no more complicated than that. Always use good quality and quite thick cuts.

It's worth it. They even have their own veggie farm:) Happy eatin' :)

OBJECTION.

Thanks, y-you too.

Certainly seems it. American steak houses generally seem good in my experience but this apparently has quite the rep. Thanks again for the tip.

Alton brown's recipe for skirt steak cooked on the coals of a grill is great. There's a video out there. It kinda depends on what you like though.

wat

Literally the only guy who post their steak in a thread about making steak, and it's one of the juiciest ones I've ever seen. I'm disappointed with everyone here.

>honey and garlic and shit
The fuck are you doing? Salt and pepper is all that's needed.

>salt and pepper is the only spice thing
>things white people say because they can only taste a couple spices at once

Sorry boy, us whites can afford better cuts. We don't have to cover the up the flavors with sauces and spices.

Up until our grandparents lifetime, spices were the most expensive part of a meal, way more than the meat. Covering up a not so great cut of meat was not a thing until extremely recently because it didn't make sense. Other cultures besides Europeans and White Americans used spices because they made the food taste even better.

Plus French food is only famous because of the sauces so wtf are you even talking about

Finally! A proper cook.

If you're too poor to eat A5 grade beef, you probably shouldn't comment,

You don't make the perfect steak. God does. You just cook it. That's how it works!

god its nice to have someone of influence saying that you can only turn a steak over once. most stupid bullshit

DICK

NICE AND HARD

>ketchup
>honey
>soy sauce
I'm literally shaking, if you do that to a good stake you deserve a painful death.

The only bad ingredient is the ketchup

Wtf is up with these honey sauces?It's a meal, not a dessert

can you do this with pork tenderloin or should I not bother because
>pork

If you want to taste propanol do this. Stop using torches that leave residual hydrocarbons on your food. A blue flame does on guarantee that your tongue can't taste a few ppm of oil based flame. Trust me.

Yes

Obese Americans have small penis always eat junk food saludo de lima peru callao

Did you slip into an aneurysm? Or did you just announce your family name?

If this tastes like shit I'm going to hunt you down and pay a nigger to tongue your anus

its delicious dude
Bone apa tite!

unfortunately I don't have any ketchup, any ideas on a substitute? I have:
>thai sweet chili sauce
>vietnamese hot sauce
>a fuckton of tomato/pasta sauce

Add a little sugar to the tomato sauce and use that

wil do, thanks m8

Steak isn't good. Burgers are better.

get imported pomace olive oil and quit buying the shelf shit, faggot

I put plenty of butter in a good pan and two or three garlic cloves and bring to a bit lower than medium heat. When reasonably hot, I add the steak, peppered on both sides, and cook it on one side until the edges show it cooked almost to the middle. Then flip and repeat.

When done, I set it on cloth or paper towels to drain and rest while I wash my cooking utensils. After about 5 minutes of resting, I put it on a plate and eat.

The best steaks I've eaten were cooked this way.

Many people think you have to sear the hell out of the steak to get some carmelization. Using butter, you will get plenty of carmelization.

If you get some good grass fed beef and try to cook it on high heat, you would be very unhappy with the results and blame it on the grass fed beef when the cause of the poor steak would be a failure in the cooking technique.

What's with the retarded meme that you're supposed to only turn it once? Is it some test of chef skill that some Redditor faggot saw and spread to his Redditor friends as "law" to look cool?

literally this. I use a 15in cast iron and leave it on high until its smoking well. add a good bit of butter to the pan then throw in my steaks. I leave them on for ~3mins each side without fondling them, adding more butter and crushed garlic after the first flip, sometimes brushing with thyme (not that necessary really) and basting. after I just give it some salt and pepper then resting for ten mins then viola.

wa la

fuck you

Sorry

This