It's almost 2017, what's your excuse for not going vegan yet?

It's almost 2017, what's your excuse for not going vegan yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18
youtube.com/watch?v=bW7PlTaawfQ
vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm
scribd.com/doc/94656/The-Comparative-Anatomy-of-Eating
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm heterosexual

So

I'm a Christian and I believe God created animals for mankind to use as we see fit, as His word says.

I remember when I believed in fairytales too user

I like meat. And I don't believe I need any more justification beside that.

Noah didn't save two of every animal in the goddamn world and made them sex all day and night to repopulate the goddamn earth for nothing. Not eating them would be be disrespectful to Noah and them gods.

that's some silly reasoning, user.

There are lots of things that people like which are not moral. For example, a child molester likes molesting children. Does the fact that he likes it make it justified? I would think not.

Molesting children isn't socially acceptable though. Meating eat is.

Meat is fucking delicious

that's not on topic, the point was about ethics, not social acceptability.

socially acceptability does not make an action ethical.

Uh... Yeah it does.

explain how, please.

What if I say eating meat is well within ethically acceptable?
Far as I'm concerned not-humans and plants have just as little rights not to be eaten by me.

I'll suck a dick thru a glory hole but I'm not ready to go full gay yet.

I'm having grilled steak and asparagus for dinner tonight

It's almost 2017, what's your excuse for not eating meat yet?

>excuse
>for not becoming a fanatic

Because I don't believe in a diet that will harm me without artificial supplementation.

Because the cavemen started out eating meat and were Veeky Forums as fuck and were probably healthier than you

If there's plants who can eat meat then so can I.

I have a brain and am capable of using more than 5% of it at one time.

I like meat

There are no 100% vegetarian animals in the world. And humans are far more from being naturally vegan than link related.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18

The distinction between plants and animals is a man-made distinction. There is no reason at all to view animals as more or less valuable than plants or fungi. Killing a potato is just as “bad” as killing a pig.

Whatever you think about the morality of killing and eating other lifeforms, you are wrong.

>Tastes good
All the reason I need

I have no reason to. My current diet is working just fine, I'm reasonably fit and have no medical/health issues. Also I don't believe there are any moral or ethical issues with consuming animals or using animal derived products.

These threads are the cancer of Veeky Forums

its not sustainable nor healthy

to sustain a nationwide vegan diet you would need to quadruple pesticide/herbicide spraying

not all soils can harbour the same crops/ or if any.

You are advocating for the greatest slaughter of animals in the history of the world

do you think the farmers will take care of the animals after you take away their ability to make money from them?

You just made the Blood God Khorne very happy with the mass blood letting that will occur

I don't want to.

I like to eat it.
Same excuse you would use when asked why you don't subsist entirely on some Soylent type sludge.

Red meat gives you cancer.

Do you drink alcohol OP?

Being alive gives you cancer.

I'd rather die of cancer in several decades than live several decades without meat.

>this guy does have a point

I fucking hate animals except for when I eat them from a plate

I've transcended the need for consumption of lifeforms for nutrition and sustain myself solely on the fifth element, orgone.

Fuck off Aizen

because i like having vitamin b-12

I just like meat and vegan substitutes for it are always really dodgy.

That being said, I hope artificial meat rolls around soon and becomes economical, I'd love to lessen animal suffering.

because you keep asking so much

Yeah, like meats causing cancer? Go home, VeganGains you nigger. I'm smoking 25lbs of venison this weekend, fuck you greenshitter

I agree. Go vegan. And stay out.

Explain why not. I have a friend who doesn't believe in ethics and morals, I want to see which of you is more retarded.

Its you because you're vegan, but explain anyway.

I have cancer now and I haven't been eating too much red meat.

Also go fuck yourself, you can get cancer from the fucking doctor, or eating a salad or fucking your cow or whatever you vegan faggots do.

I believe in ethics and morals but I believe those concepts only apply to humans. A vegan wouldn't hesitate to kill an animal or at least steal the vegetation it needs if they were starving.

I don't think it goes far enough. Plants are alive too.

I recently purchased the rock crusher in the pic and for the last 5 days have only been eating my own, organic, crushed rock. Physically, I feel better than I did when I tried eating vegan, and ethically I know I'm not harming life.

I just wish I coul think up some catchy term for it and maybe get a couple of celebrity endorsements.

Humans are omnivores, there's no scientific data showing vegan lifestyle is anything more than someone not eating animal byproducts due to their own personal beliefs

>socially acceptability does not make an action ethical.

It literally does tho. The concept of good and bad is a human creation, there is no ethics in nature. People have just agreed that A is bad and B is good.

if I don't eat the animals then another animal would I'd say
I don't think we can see animals and humans as morally the same because if you take it both ways then ducks and chameleons are rapists

vegans are eating healthy and paying attention to their food so it can't be too bad, but the whole moralistic thing is kind of dumb

Nah, we treat animals inhumanely so I (meat eater) agree with the whole ethics side of the debate. But avoiding supermarket meat is as far I'm prepared to go to make a stand.
The cows that I eat lived a happy life on a farm in the hills eating a natural diet of grass while hanging with their bros. Unlike the mass-farmed cows that are fed grains laced with growth hormones and steroids while standing in pools of their own diarrhea with a hole in the side leading to their stomachs so the farmer can shove his hand in there to mix up the cocktail of drugs.
Happier cows taste better too.

When I eat animal meat I can image eating the flesh of a person I hate.

No it doesn't you fucking nerd, just because something is a social norm doesn't mean it's ethical

Ya

I'm not mentally ill.

don't like the farming practices, but respect the circle of life too much to not participate in it.

also, i work for a very good organic co op so i buy local, ethically sourced and treated meat. been to the farm and seen the piggies play outside and stuff. so it's hard to feel bad about that.
i guess pigs really REALLY love the big inflatable excersize balls

it means people have decided it's ethical. it can be malleable and changed though. it's not ethical *to you*. this generation may think that everything they believe is the right, perfect, and morally just answer to everything, but in reality, it's only that For You. you need to be comfortable knowing other people believe different stuff, even if you intend to change their views.

Because I'm an omnivore, meaning that if I want meat, I can eat meat and shouldn't feel any repercussion for killing an animal that can't even fathom it's own existence.

Humans are omnivores, we grew out of bug eating tree climbers.

For fuck's sake, are these all bait threads or are all vegans literally retarded? Maybe just the loud ones.

It tastes good and it's socially acceptable in burger land society. No need for other reasons.

There's really no point to eating "happily raised" meat unless it's a personal thing that has to do with conscience. Either way, factory raised meat is going to get slaughtered and, by not eating it, we're essentially wasting a life.

Yes it does, you dumb fairy. The very fact you can't place yourself outside the realm of social acceptance logic to see it just shows what a dumb trending normie you are.

Is a hurricane evil? Is a sandstorm evil? Is natural selection? No, they just are.

Nature does not give two shits about ethics, and most animals incapable of higher cognitive thought adhere to nature and their instincts.

There is nothing inherently wrong about killing for food. All animals do it. When you take a step on the ground you are likely killing some bug carrying some food for his offspring on his back. You are killing millions of cells and bacteria every day.

Death is a natural part of life. Deer eats grass, lion eats deer, lion dies and feeds the ground, ground grows grass from the nutrients of the lion's carcass, deer eats the grass. It's literally the circle of life.

The fact we industrialized it is testament to human efficiency, not cruelty.

muh morals

>Death is a natural part of life. Deer eats grass, lion eats deer, lion dies and feeds the ground, ground grows grass from the nutrients of the lion's carcass, deer eats the grass. It's literally the circle of life.
>Not posting this: youtube.com/watch?v=bW7PlTaawfQ

whats the point of the human conscience? the argument of living like an animal is invalid here.people who are not vegan lack resposnibility for their own actions. society will never be able to fully become a place worth living. homo humini lupus

>humans are omnivores

Our entire anatomical structure and digestive system is basically entirely herbivorous

suuure, bud. that's why we can't digest cellulose. i can tell you believe everything someone tells you on the internet that follows your personal narrative

Haha epic bro you sure got him

But he's right, you butthurt vegan faggot.

Neither can horses or termites, they have gut bacteria that does it for them

While you cherrypick one thing, I'm going to cherrypick multiple things

-Omnivores cannot digest carbohydrates, herbivores can
-Our stomach acidity is 4-5ph like other herbivores, omnivores and carnivores are

>him
don't pretend you're not samefagging when there's no way multiple people in this thread think humans are built to be 'herbivorous' against all biology

Someone failed biology.

Not to mention that we still have cellulose in fiber that is essential to our diets

You don't know what you're talk about

>all biology

All biology that you apparently don't have the faintest idea of

Fuck off

I'm serious

So am I

I enjoy eating food.

I can tell you're a retard just projecting your own mentality onto others

Yeah right

Cool

...so... we don't have gut flora to do it for us. we poop it out. are you trying to make a good point here or?

do you understand how evolution works? we did evolve from a common ancestor, that, like chimps and even deer, was likely primarily an herbivore but opportunistic omnivore. i don't think humans are now due to obvious ability to consume meat on the regular and function from it without deficiency, disease, or discomfort.

i chew meat just fine. don't know about you, i guess. my guns and my tools are just great for killing for meat. many animals that kill don't have much to work with but muscle (constrictors come to mind).. pigs are omnivores and have pretty much similar teeth to us, minus pigs that grow tusks, which isn't all of them.

just because we have different structure to other omnivores doesn't mean we aren't omnivores, we have peptidase and pepsin in our guts that breaks down flesh in our diet. we are built to eat meat. we eat meat and it doesn't make us sick. also, who told you animals that are omnivore can't digest carbohydrates? do you know what sugar and starch is? like the only nutritional benefit of plant matter? all animals have salivary amylase minus carnivores and the pancreas's FUNCTION is to digest carbs through the release of bile in the small intestine.. even carnivores can digest carbs using the pancreas.

anything can be toxic in large quantities, idk what vitamin A has to do with anything. my dog gets sick off of garlic but we don't. different animals have different potencies to different chemical compounds.

you're an idiot buddo.

What

I love how you continue to cherrypick this very point and don't even realize that cellulose is still an essential part of our diet

>without dieficiency, disease, or discomfort

There is absolutely zero basis to this whatsoever, like zero. You obviously don't understand what evolution is either or any medical science within the past 100 years

>i chew meat just fine
That doesn't mean you're biologically set up to chew it just fine you clueless fucking idiot

>pretty similar teeth to us
Here you are yet again cherrypicking one example in the face of overwhelming evidence.

>doesn't mean we aren't omnivores

No, that's exactly what it means you fucking idiot

>peptidase and pepsin that breaks down flesh in our diet

It assists us with digesting proteins, now you're wilfully misinterpreting things because you know you have no actual clue what you're talking about

>it doesn't make us sick

Literally not true at all.

>who told you animals that are omnivores can't digest carbohydrates

They do not have enzymes in their saliva that allow them that makes us digest carbohydrates, typo

>anything can be toxic in large quantities

You are a fully grown adult with baby bird brains, you are a mindless fucking husk that still manages to spew out shit even dumber than himself

>idk what Vitamin A has to do with anything

That's because you have baby brains and are a fucking retard

You managed to type 4 paragraphs of utter shit. Congrats faggot

>he believes in 'universal ethics'

so people who can't digest gluten are a more advanced species of human on the evolutionary transformation from herbivore/carnivore to full carnivore.

You dont know what youre talking about at all

Why are vegans such autistic, hostile cunts?

And do we cultivate that bacteria to digest cellulose?

God, this is literally bait, isn't it?
People like YOU are the kind that ruin everything for me when I propose meat in moderation, not as the sole proponent of our diet.

vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

Meat is too tasty.

Animals eat each other, humans are animals if other animals can eat meat im gonna eat meat

I don't need to justify myself to your kind, faggots. Plus, in my job I saved more animals per month than you during your whole lives.

Are u a dentist

>Why are vegans so hostile

Probably because they have to deal with overwhelmingly pretentious retards like you on a regular basis

>durrrrr le cellulose

Still cherrypicking a moot point because you're a baby brained retard

Lol that's awful

scribd.com/doc/94656/The-Comparative-Anatomy-of-Eating

Animals are tasty and I like killing them.

If you eat animal products with any sort of regularity, then you likely haven't