How do I stop being boring to others and boring in general? All I do is read draw and play guitar (but only at home)...

How do I stop being boring to others and boring in general? All I do is read draw and play guitar (but only at home). I cannot hold any conversation with others. I either hide my autism and bore them and or let my autism rampant and isolate them. What do I do?

Kill them, they are vapid and shallow wastes of life anyways.

This isn't good advice, I won't take it.

Fuck it. Become great at one of them. Also leave this website

>What do I do?

Be funny. Not a meme answer. Real advice.

Become a crazy and brilliant urban hermit. Hipsters will seek you out as their Bohemian prophet.

Move to a Slavic cabin and make fusions of drone and Slavic folk. Train the bear captured to be your balalaika player. Have cryptic and shitty but emotional lyrics. Do not ever make a social media

Just listen more than you talk when in a conversation. That's literally it. It'll make you seem 20 times smarter and more interesting than you actually are because people love the sound of their own voice.

I already do basically. I dont have social anxiety or anything, I don't have trouble talking I just usually listen over talking. Is this an ironic response or something?

I do this and 90% of the time it just feels like I'm interrogating people. If they like me it turns into a one sided conversation where they tell me their life story. If they don't, then they just leave.

I've been told I'm a good listener. I like to learn new things and listen to people's stories, but when a good majority of your conversations with people are just them talking about their lives while you nod and ask for more you start to feel even more empty when you realize that they haven't once asked you about yours. It makes being alone almost preferable because at least then you're not being used as lubricant for someone's self indulgent circlejerk.

My life isn't interesting for sure, but when you play the tiring song and dance of conversation at an attempt for meaningful connection it feels disheartening when it isn't reciprocated.

Just stop giving a fuck about impressing people and just do your thing, I guarantee you'll be alot more satisfied with your interactions.

"Boring" is relative as fuck.

Don't worry about being interesting because most interesting people are actually pretty boring.

Also, is Pathologic a good game for Veeky Forums dorks who don't game much? I've been reading about it and for some reason it's been on my mind a lot.

dont worry about that, just, dont try to force a conversation and dont try to be somethin you dont are, eventually you gona get surrounded with people with actually dont gove a shit and enjoy you are there.

Try to meet some new people. Maybe your current circle is not that interesting to you.

The feels. But it's true, people don't care about who anyone is but themselves. Everything is self serving. Even those who they love and care for, they do so because it makes themselves feel good in a visceral sense. It's a self indulgent mindset revolving around narcissism. Everyone has it to some extent. Even you; your need for somebody to care is due to an obsession with your self. But if were all expected to be ego centric, then wheres the harm?

idk man but don't waste too much of your energy trying to be normal. it's never going to happen and it's going to get in the way of your art.

try to at least be funny and pleasant, and not suck all the air out of the room, though.

This really brings you down in the long run, at a point it will literally turn people around you solipsistic.

How so? I'm not very knowledgeable of solipsism.

Leave Veeky Forums and never come back desu senpai

>start to feel even more empty when you realize that they haven't once asked you about yours. It makes being alone almost preferable because at least then you're not being used as lubricant for someone's self indulgent circlejerk.

>My life isn't interesting for sure, but when you play the tiring song and dance of conversation at an attempt for meaningful connection it feels disheartening when it isn't reciprocated.

At 11:37 in the morning I feel I have been struck, damn it user.

We should not be thinking like this, why do we do, what do we lack.

yes, this. like in general if you want people to like you this is a good idea, but frankly i don't think it's healthy to want people to like you in the first place. especially to the extent that you'd be ingratiating towards them and let them walk all over you, and treat them like they have something that you don't and they're better than you.

don't put other people on a pedestal. put yourself on a pedestal, be confident and self-reliant, and other people will flock to you. probably imo desu.

Just add a "huh, I do y in that situation" when they tell you about their lives.

At least you can hold a conversation user; here in Asia no one talks about themselves and loving the sound of your own voice is shamefuru, which means that unless you magically "get it" you can go weeks without talking to another human being beyond greetings. I miss small talk.

India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and many other places are not like that at all. Hell, Indians are the most talkative people I've ever met, and will consider you an honest friend after ten minutes of conversation.

I haven't travelled to the really "Asian" Asia, like Mainland China, Singapore or Japan, so I can imagine that ronely attitude is prevalent there.

But to the other user, the best way to get other people to ask you about yourself is to be relatable, to interject your own personal anecdotes into their life and form a connection through that, like:

"wow user i'm just so gosh darn fed up with all these boys taking advantage of me."

"that's okay lucy, i like to wear a dress and invite people from craigslist into apartment too."

Patholgic is basically the James Joyce of video games. Not trying to be a meme but its basically the end of video games as we know it because all video games that want to tell a story through world building, characters, interaction and choice have to hope themselves that crazy Russian shit

Honestly it's bad but I've never seen any other do similar things so I put up with it.

very heavy in reading, most of what you do is walk around town to talk to others with the occasional spook or someone you have to kill. The dialogue has bad translation though

Be glib but in a covert way. Superficial charm is better than being a gormless fag who only talks about book sand guitar.

Fake being interesting if you are not. Get people talking, ask open questions and get them speaking about themselves. Don't talk so much, let them do most of the talking, they'll just tell you more about themselves that you can use for the conversation.

People like speaking about themselves most of the time but find common ground too.

Every conversation I have is marred by falseness; I'm not interesting or charming at all, I'm just good at appearing to be so.

AND NEVER LOOK AT YOU FUCKING PHONE WHEN IN A SOCIAL SETTING.

>alot

I'm surprised people still make this mistake, especially on a literature board.

>mfw a journalist I know put 'alot' into one of his articles and I had to point out to him before he published it.

It's a mix between this and chiming in now and again. Not too much though, people really like talking about themselves, it makes them fell justified and purposeful. Just ask questions related to whatever it is they're talking about and if you find a common ground then talk about that, or how much you would love to do such and such activity that they just mentioned or placed they just visited.

How does it work? Didn't think there was something special to it.

This, it gets to a point where its very clear to see that someone is just pretending to be interested in what you have to say. So its better to not even talk to them at all.

Conversation is a two-way street, if you're just going to be a question machine then dont bother.

You stop trying to impress people. Maybe someday you'll find a decent person who likes you regardless of your entertainment value, maybe not. It's not worth your time to worry about it.