How does Veeky Forums prepare ethnic foods without appropriating the culture from which that food comes from...

How does Veeky Forums prepare ethnic foods without appropriating the culture from which that food comes from? I've been trying to be more conscious of how I treat other cultures.

Don't be a white guy who tells Vietnamese people how they should eat pho and that they've been eating it wrong and you should be fine.

I saw a weeb eating pho with a fork the other day. Bretty gud.

stick to tendies, kid.

>bait/10

Just cook whatever, faggot

Be "ethnic" and from a "multicultural" background. Like me. I can do as I like.

Man I fucking love eating asian foods with a fork. It's like a Roman building a giant marble house in the middle of a shit village.

I avoid eating halal and kosher food products.

For cultural appropriation reasons.

when has anyone ever done that? what 'corrections' do white people make?

anyway, technically i don't think coming from the country of origin of a dish necessarily means you know more about it than anyone else. see all italians on here. they're completely clueless

maybe they shouldn't appropriate our culture like using technology, sanitation, welfare etc etc

>our culture
Who?

No idea. I've never given any thought to the concept ot appropriating culture, and am unlike to. If I want to make a meal from another culture I go to where immigrants from that culture eat, try a bunch of the dishes and reverse engioneer the ones I like in my own kitchen.

lel no you don't. you're too dumb for that

all cultures are mine to do as I wish with

Obviously not India.

PLEASE do not post race-bait on Veeky Forums, this is a board about food and cooking.

Sad that this fucking thread is going to get 100+ replies.

How dare you point out it's race bait? You must be [my sides boogeyman]

It's not that difficult.

You're trying to discuss le cultural appropriation meme in fucking food and I'm the redditor? Please lurk more and post less.

>Why are you not arguing about race bait in a cooking board fucking reddit!

Done that? A couple of weeks ago. Video on YouTube. White guy says it's the only way to eat pho. Tumblr brigade shows up on estrogen powered keyboards and fraks something else up. By the time the video is taken down, they had to issue a comment about the threats against the person's life over whitesplaining, colonialism, culture appropriation, and everything else.

But internet drama is for faggots.

The only strict eating rituals were those designed by bored aristocratic housewives, made so they can flaunt how much better they are. Everything else is more like, suggestions.

>appropriating the culture
>culture
>proprietary
But that's wrong you fucking moron.

Prove it.

Cultures live or die by whether anyone participates in them. If you make food from another culture, you are not stealing, you are making it stronger

>making a shitty carbonara out of kraft cheese and mayo is making italy stronger

In addition to just don't do stupid shit like making Kraft Mac 'n Cheese sushi.

And don't worry about appropriating Indian food because what you know of as Indian food is probably just British food anyway.

ITT: Angry Googles
;^)

Well done OP.

Do you know that from now on for the next year every single fucking foreign food thread is going to be spammed to death with cultural appropriation memes.

U R CUNTWIPE!

Make the food and enjoy it, don't bring politics into it when you share it with others.

I like to put tumeric, paprika and cummin powder in my spaghetti bolognese, I don't make a story out of it or apologize or tell others to make it my way.

> appropriating the culture

Hahahahahahahaha

What Is Culinary Appropriation?

just looked at it. the whole 'he's telling vietnamese people how to eat pho' thing is kind of misleading because the video clearly isn't aimed at vietnamese people. it's a white guy telling other white guys how to eat pho. probably out of at least a pretence of respect for the vietnamese.

This.
"Muh cultural appropriation" is something that only special snowflakes care about. It's separatist sentiment in the guise of political correctness.

If you look five seconds into the history of cooking that should be enough of an argument that "appropriation" is a retarded to describe the natural transfer of culture.