He is excellent

Remind me of this mans name.

Chekvov

Čehov

Çhehkov

Txejoff

ghfedov

ly all
did any of you get around to read any of his stories? I've started reading a few short stories, from the collected works, and it was pretty good but somewhat dull.

He one of the best short story writers ever. Which ones did you read?

I tried to read one of his plays but for some reason I didn't finish it. Im gonna give it another crack

the Seagull was excellent
the Swansong was ok
the Steppe was very good

Rapture, A Naughty Boy, A Living Chattel, Joy and At the Barber's, next one is An Enigmatic Nature.
I'm reading the Delphi collection, so it might be that the translation aren't the best ones when it comes to the prose.
Thanks

Jhakof

In bed? Yes.

Τσέχοφ

Shia Labouef? Yes, he's very motivational

An amazing writer of short works. I've read most of his short stories, all of his novellas and his four major plays. He is a favourite of mine. I doubt I will ever tire of rereading his works. He has such a wonderfully deep aesthetic style that at once delights and humbles.

The Steppe and The Duel are GT bro

(GOD TIER)

This man, in my country he is nothing.

This post in my country, it is a meme.

I adore his stuff. He's definitely my favorite short story writer.

I'm not certain which translations are the better of Chekhov, but think the P&V collection of short stories has a good representation and variety -- with my particular favorites there being:
Easter Night, Ward No. 6, The Student, The House With The Mezzanine, and The Bishop.

I've hardly touched his plays or novellas. My fear of running out of new Chekhov to read has been at least part of why.

the guy was a massive troll, no twists? no morals? what kind of short stories are these!?!?

He is trash. He is literally writen his entire life a short stories for magazines for food. No meaning, no value in his works.

Ever fiber of my being hopes that this is a troll.

here's one of those "look at me, i'm profound because i like boring shit" types.
lady with a dog? puh-leaze, that snorer? fuck sake man.

Ward No 6 is one of my favorite short stories ever

who's to say that short stories need twists or morals?

people who aren't dull as fuck. that's who.

I know right. I need stories to tell me what to do, and if they don't do that I don't know what to do with myself. I also need twists because you can't have cool explosions in books, so I get bored otherwise.

I have this copy of "The Lady with the Dog" in my collection

Should I read it?

Yes. He is one of the best short story writers you can find him.

Easily the greatest short story writer of all time. Try out:

>The House with the Mezzanine
>The Lady with the Little Dog
>The Kiss

he was a doctor so he had independent means senpai