Do you think the universe is a one-time thing or do you think that this has happened before?

Do you think the universe is a one-time thing or do you think that this has happened before?

It might be an easier answer to find, "If space is expanding, into what does it expand?". With that answer we'd know if there were "other universes".

>It might be an easier answer to find, "If space is expanding, into what does it expand?".
Not this shit again. Hurr, now that space a thing there must be a REAL "space" matching our previous definition of space that our space is inside of!!

This is fucking retarded.

k. make me unretarded. what is happening when space expands.

i think the word "before" is not correct.

like I said in a recent thread, think about a video game rendering its world. The only restraints are the processing and memory, there doesn't necessarily have to be a "physical" container

That's actually pretty metaphysical of you. I like it, but I like bogeymen, ghost hunters and Santa. What's the real answer if I'm not going to argue "because imaginationland"?

the question is which is the great filter, has life developed like here somewhere before? and basically we cannot know if this is the first one until it starts to compress. if this doesnt happen then i guess this is the first one, otherwise i think this is not the first time. also think of a being able to create artificial universes with life in it, and then this life creates another universe and goes on... i dont really agree with this paradox but I am sure we arent gonna be alive to have this questions answered

it's not like the original question is much more grounded

anyone here is a real astro physicist or at least a 10% one?
than: accumulation of mass in black holes is "still" able to reverse expansion ? e.g. super massive black holes will collide and so on, compression will be introduced

pls ignore my english "skills", i meant *then

That's not in the field of astrophysics, explicitly. The forces inside the event horizon is more the range of a theoretical physicist. Astrophysicists use very real math and measurement for very real results.

hmk. but how is about attraction between huge black holes? any discoveries?

We're working on gravity, still.

Space is actually infinite AND expanding.

what kind of autism is this post; time "came into existence" at the point of the Big Bang there is no other time there is no other space

we aren't expanding into anything, this is all there is you're just cucking yourself with language otherwise

it's a literal fallacy (the fallacy of composition) to make any assumption about the whole of the universe

there is no expansion reverse, or "Big Crunch", as far as we can tell; there is not enough mass in the universe to stop the acceleration

an accelerating spacetime will cause everything to slowly decompose over the eons, black holes will slowly radiate (Hawking radiation) and become smaller and smaller over vast expanses of "time", protons may decay, and then time will bear no significance as there is nothing of which to base it and perhaps it will all start again?

I have 40% of a PhD in cosmology.

> accumulation of mass in black holes is "still" able to reverse expansion ?

No. On large scales black holes have no more gravitational influence than the same mass of stars or gas, it's only very nearby that they are different. On large scales the universe is expanding to re-collapse whether that matter is black holes or stars, it doesn't really matter. Black holes do collide and galaxies do to, but it's on much larger scales that the expansion of the universe takes hold.

this makes it hard to "believe" in something like a time independend parallel universe construct.
but then again maybe its just the prob a man cannot imagine infinity.

there is a possibility protons can decay, does that mean all matter could decay?
and another question: radiation of black holes will kill the whole black hole or will it stop at a certain remainder?

Veeky Forums is for science and mathematics, not philosophy and /x/

reported and saged

Oh for ****** sake. There is no Hawking radiation.
The professor is severely depressed and has no other way to end his suffering.