What do?

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fs3rRDWQw5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

multi-track drifting

It solves so many problems.

These guys know what they're talking about. If you're going to fcuk time, do it properly.

Kill my grandfather, since i am presently making the decision to kill him he must either somehow survive or he has already produced my mother/father

put the man and the lever in a box with a vial of poison and a radioisotope that may or may not decay

what do sci?

Pull the lever of course, some other cunts responsibility then

What do?

Alright, now an actual one

Why the fuck can't the goddamn driver make an executive move??

Ebin

>throw switch halfway
>floating switch points; not tight to rail
>trolley car derails safely
>minor injuries Maybe but no deaths assuming fairly alow trolley speed

T. Railroadfag

What about half way? Pull the lever only far enough to creat a neutral position, and or jamming the tracks in return; sending the trolley to a screeching hault. Further where the hell is this trolley going and with who on it, that it must sacrifice life to reach its destination. Answer this first. Instead of trying to solve hypothetical shit, just remove it entirely. Bam! Situation solved fucker!!!

well?

Half Way!!

What about half way? Pull the lever only far enough to creat a neutral position, and or jamming the tracks in return; sending the trolley to a screeching hault. Further where the hell is this trolley going and with who on it, that it must sacrifice life to reach its destination. Answer this first. Instead of trying to solve hypothetical shit, just remove it entirely. Bam! Situation solved fucker!!!

It doesn't screech to a halt. It literally 'falls off' the rails and bounces along the ties and ballast.

My question might not be answered
but is there one of these involving the Keit-Ai pasta

top because someone else will invent the trolley.

without your grandfather you're fucked.

but user anyone is capable of raising a NEET piece of shit

Assuming the predictor is somehow infallible, you pull the lever, but in reality no one is that good so it's a moot point. Also in reality if I accidentally kill people by letting a trolley hit a box that I didn't know for sure had people in it I'll probably get in less trouble than if I deliberately kill someone because of some convoluted excuse about my actions being predicted. Seriously doubt that would hold up in court.

Retard.

It would be more interesting if you put a single person on track B and 5 individuals on track A, explaining that when you pull the lever, you have a 50% chance of it switching to either A or B.

Alternatively, you simply don't know what track it is going to switch to. Do you risk 5 people dying for the sake of one?

Switching to either A or C of course. My bad.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Yeah but you are also responsible for letting a different set of people die, so it's no different to killing the first lot.

Technically 6 people in both universes die no matter what. Do what you feel like doing.

This wouldn't happen on a real trolley. May even end up exploding and killing everybody.

>see a (You), getting excited since I thought someone answered my question
>it's another one of those "gb2 le /a/ u pedo" posts

What is that pasta

>no one is that good so it's a moot point
The Predictor isn't a person, but rather an abstract concept.

Don't try to argue around it. If that's what you want to do, you might as well not fucking reply.

That was implied

youtube.com/watch?v=fs3rRDWQw5w

This puts me in a rather awkward situation, as my grandfather invented both the trolley and the time rift.

>Stop solving all this hypothetical shit
These hypothetical situations are fun to think about. Would you say someone who plays soccer as a hobby is being silly for competing for imaginary points?

If you're gonna make obscure anime jokes that nobody will understand you should make them at /a/ to maximize your chances.

If only there was a way to combine this with the Barnett integrals meme. Then we would truly be living in strange times.

Y u gotta post that gay shit?

Look up the Monty hall problem. It states that you should pull the lever.

> the time rift
> a fucking trolley
isn't it obvious?

leave the lever where it is and go lie down in front of the 5 people, embracing the sweet release of death

Just have every person pull the lever so it never hits a person. If any person lets it kill people, itll be their fault.

> If any person lets it kill people, itll be their fault.
You don't seem to understand the problem.
You can let 5 people die or you can impose a moral dilemma on another person.
And if you do nothing, you aren't responsible for the death of 5 (as you're only a bystander),
but if you do something and the next person does nothing you are directly responsible for the death of the next five.

>Just have every person pull the lever so it never hits a person.
It goes on forever. Someone will let it hit eventually.
As the first person, you could be held partially responsible for an arbitrarily large number of moral dilemmas.

You (the trolley problem bystander) are aware of the nearby fat man problem.
The fat man problem's bystanders are unaware of your nearby trolley problem.

The track switch is old and rusty, so it is slow to adjust. As a long employed switch operator you are familiar with it.
If you wait until the trolley has crossed the bridge you will not be able to pull the switch in time.
Trying to do so will derail the train (even if blocked by the fat man), killing the people on both tracks.
You should make your decision before the fat man problem resolves.

Because the switch is old, it will brake after you turn it.
Whatever decision you make will be know to all survivors from either track.

What do?

> Shit image is shit.
*the trolley is currently headed towards the group of 5, as in a normal trolley problem.

Choosing to delay the choice (and therefore assuming this is the ethical choice) also means holding an infinite amount of people hostage to wait their turn at lever-pulling. An infinite amount of people will never be able to go home, because a trolley travelling at finite speed will never reach them; yet they have to be there to ultimately avoid blood on their hands (because for any individual, the time until the trolley comes is finite).

How much are 5 lives worth?

obviously you switch to the rail with one person, the worst thing that can happen that way is that the life of an overweight man is sacrificed for the life of a normal man, and obviously a fat degenerate is worth less than a normal person.

if it goes at a finite speed then most of the men will starve to death anyway, so you can save five more people if you switch.

Nah that's philosophical bullshit. If you are at the lever, not pulling is as much a choice as pulling. All I'm doing is sending the trolley on a route that is less likely to kill people. Those other fuckers better get real and do the same rather than let their blundering philosophy kill.

What's the dilemma?

Lol no. In the monty hall problem you must pick a door (out of 3).

in this picture you have the choice to switch 1 lever, which then picks a door for you. you also have the choice to not switch the lever at all.

did you even think before you were posting?

In what way does it say that? Switching to track A could kill everyone on earth, and track C could cause nuclear winter. You have 0 way of knowing what they do.

>obscure anime references

if you pull the lever you are a murderer

No you arn't. If you pull the level you have saved 5 lives, than the problem is out of your control and someone else is the dilemma.

yes but by making it someone elses dilemma, you have assured that at least one person who had not been meant to die will die, by making that persons lever operator controller of the choice.

Up Veeky Forums's corner

That's trivial as fuck, either way is an unending death train for the rest of the span of the universe, so take the offshoot track to maximize the gore/sec.

The ethical choice would be here to pick the double speed train. Both trains will kill infinite numbers of people. The double speed train will cause less mental agony (fear of death) considering the person notices both trains from the same distance.

At any given point in time, you'd have killed twice as many people with your choice.

In one outcome no one dies, the only way to achieve this is to have every person in the game choose to hit the switch.

If even a single person, including you, choose not to flip the switch there will be at least 5 deaths. That itself is choosing to kill people.

Flipping the switch at least presents the possibility of a zero death outcome, while not flipping it guarantee's several deaths which you will responsible for.

Who the hell designed such a sinister thing? Where did they even get the infinite amount of people?

> Where did they even get the infinite amount of people?
Speaking of which, if we have an infinite number of people does the value of a person go down?

Only if you're utilitarian scum

Where is this infinite track space? Not on earth, that has a finite amount of space? Is there the possibility of rescueing some of these people? If so would we be morally obligated to rescue the infinite amount of people for an infinite amount of time?

Also doesn't the universe eventually end and restart? If it does than a finite number of people die.

Trolly problems truely are the last frontier in all fields.

almost all people lying on those tracks will have died of old age before the train can reach them, in fact, before a photon emitted from the start frame can reach them

finite speed + infinite tracklength + finite lifespan = many deds

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

You're looking at this problem too narrow-mindedly. It's likely set up so that people are being born tied to the track constantly just in time to grow up and be run over.

if your choice is to do nothing as a bystander, then you're not imposing a moral dilemma on anyone as they can make the same decision.

with an infinite number of people on the track, you would have an infinite gravitational pull going off to infinity to the horizon. and thus you have no choice to pull the lever as you're instantly shot into oblivion at the speed of light

What about this version?

I have no idea what is the physics of transfinite tracks and time. But on the upper track, for any large enough finite time t there are more people whom will die up to the time t and thus those more people will suffer less (it seems to be very horrible to waiting to be smashed). Therefore, definitely upper track.

Was reply to

Do you risk it?

Are you ready to create life?

Holy fuck that's clever.

I don't get it. What's the dilemma?

Ask a mathematicians.
see also,

-1/12

fuck my grandmother, because I'm my own grandpa

Nobody cared who i was until I pulled the lever.

Would it hurt? If I pulled the lever?

Switch it to track 2 then switch it back to track 1

this is the easiest one for me, morally at least. i have little desire to live so i would just let the train kill me and save the other people. at least then my death will be more meaningful than my life has been

It would be extremely painful.