- Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce - 1 red onion
- 1 spanish onion
- bunch of sundried tomatoes
- pressed tomatoes
- diced tomatoes
- cumin
- lemon zest/spice

I use a lemon and herb spice meant for salmon but it makes beef taste pretty good to me. As for the hot sauce, I use some stuff I got at the Asian food store, it’s like sriracha but chunky.

As for the pink salt: my girlfriend likes it and we’re out of regular salt. Oh well. I usually use cacciatore or soppressata but tried chorizo recently and liked it, too. If you get unground chorizo, just cut it into smallish slices. You can add bell pepper, halved cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, whatever you want but I like it best when it’s simple.

Looks pretty video games

Chop the onions. I did a pretty poor job but it doesn’t need to be even. After simmering the sauce they’ll lose their firmness. Put aside.

Looks good to me.

This is now a Cooking mama thread. Can we get chop chop master onion to drop a sick beat?

Hope it turns out ok family

Chop the sundried tomatoes. I got these at an antipasto bar at the nearby grocer. I cut each piece into 2-4 smaller pieces depending on size. Put aside. Try to keep the oil if any collected at the bottom of the container and add to the pot later.

All the vegetables chopped up.

>lemon
>chili flakes
>not making your own fucking sauce
>mixing sauces
Lemon fucks it up

Too much shit in it, and most of those spices clash with each other

Chorizo is fucking disgusting you subhuman spic.

Sounds tasty, OP. Is that goin on some sketti?

Jesus, that's a fuckload of ingredients for something you pour on your macaroni.

Heat olive oil in the pan, add all the onions, season with salt and pepper. Make sure you cook them covered.

man, that ground looks awful.

is this what meriburgers eat?

If this doesnt end with free samples i will kill everyones mother in there sleep

After a few minutes, add the sundried tomatoes. Likewise cook a bit covered.

Wrong-ass board.

You forgot one thing, OP.

Maybe it's the lighting but your ground beef looks gross/expired. Also don't you think you should tone down on the spices?

fucking mods give us our vidya thread back this thread belongs on /v/

go to bed reaper

I put two teaspoons of the hot sauce and a dash or two of chili flakes, then I stirred it around. Cook everything covered for another couple of minutes. Up to you how long.

Nice.

You could however ditch the onions completely and add in a good handful of of finely diced kale to garnish and also give the sauce a punch of nutrition and also turn it into a keto friendly sauce at the same time.

Unless you're going to chop the onion so fine it melts I'd suggest replacing it with a green vegetable, spinach leaves would work well too if you don't have kale.

that ground beef looks rancid as fuck

It was a good system.

Remove from heat, put aside for later. This is delicious to eat on its own or on rice.

>buying pre-minced meat
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
is it so hard to ask your butcher to mince a piece of meat of your choosing? And that shit doesn't look fresh at all, it's brown

More olive oil in the pan. Add all the meat, break it up as best as you can. Season with salt and pepper.

Sorry, it was frozen and then thawed. Thawed a bit too long. Still tasted good. Photos make it look worse than it is.

I added about 3tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, a large dash of the lemon spice, a sprinkle of cumin, some parsley and oregano. I cook the meat covered but it isn’t necessary. Worcestershire sauce makes beef taste amazing.

What video games does Veeky Forums play?

Looks gross
I cook pasta with 1/3 of those ingredients and it looks way better, tastes excellent. Mixing sauces like that is shit, adding way too much shit like lemons ruins it. Never add too many ingredients, the secret for good pasta is how you cook it.
And for God's sake, buy fresh meat

All cooked! I added 2 tspn of minced garlic and then added the onions and tomatoes from before.

It's supposed to look red and dark brown, not like that

Saw you post in /v/. had to make my rancid comment.

I can see you used hot spices. *My go to spices to save rancid meat.
congrats on your recipe from /v/

Did you microwave it or heat in how water?
Then it is only slightly cooked and not rancid

Here it is all combined. Cooked a touch longer, can be with lid on or off. Just wanted everything to mingle.

man, I've eaten ground like that before.
didn't die, but still I don't think that's recomendable

Added the pressed tomatoes. Let it come back to the boil.

Added the diced tomatoes. Let it come back to the boil and then turn to low heat (just low enough to maintain a light boil), let simmer uncovered for 1-2hr (longer is better). Stir occasionally; get all the good stuff off the bottom as you stir. If you simmer it covered, it won’t reduce as well and will be very thin at the end of it.

Looks fucking awful if this thread survives for 12-14 hours I'll show how real pasta is done.
Fucking merilards adding useless ingredients to good that's supposed to be simple

That one.

Maybe its just me, but whenever I make any sort of pasta I like to break apart the ground beef way more then you have it. It just looks too...chunky.

It’s done! Simmered about 2.5 hours. I turned off the heat and let cool for a few minutes so it’ll become a touch thicker.

That meat looks fucking disgusting
What's up with that spoon cover? What a gay piece of shit

All divided. It made 4 of these tupperwares but I’ll be using half of one for my SO and myself tonight.

The beef broke apart decently but the chorizo did not.

Brought some water to the boil, added a touch of olive oil and salt. When I put the sauce away, I didn’t rinse the pot so it appears a little reddish. I don’t think it makes a difference.

What's with the hostility? I like my pasta sauce, it feeds my SO and I. We both think it tastes good. Sorry I'm not Alton Brown.

Add some pasta and cook. I’m using fusilli here but it works well with anything. Probably wouldn’t advise lasagna or gnocchi, the sauce is pretty thick. After cooked, strain.

Where is the obligatory red wine?

I’m out of parmesan else I’d put some on top. Just the sauce will do. All photos shot on a Canon T5i and a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens. All using 1/20s and f/2.8 at 16mm. Sorry the photos aren’t the best, I didn’t review them until it was all done.

It's your faggy approach to everything you made
SO? What's that supposed to mean?
Wanna cook real pasta? First you go to a butcher and ask him to mince a piece of cow meat of your choosing - the meat's quality is very important - next you buy your regular sauce ingredients, or if you're lazy, buy a tomato/onion/garlic premade sauce for pasta.
Next you put the sauce on a shallow pan at low heat, when it starts to boil, add the beef, mix it well, make sure it's not clumpy.
Keep mixing that shit and monitoring it on low heat, when the beef starts turning dark brown, turn it off
With the pasta alreafy made, add the meat, mix and leave it on very low heat for 5 minutes.
Done, you've got yourself a great pasta with a thick red sauce and great tasty meat.
Fag

That's a fucking insult to all italians, and who fucking cares about your shitty camera?

>cooking the pasta in the same pot you cooked the sauce without cleaning it first

>single tablespoon of sauce
>didn't even mix a little sauce with the pasta

Fucking just end it man, just fucking go and remove your crippled mind from this esrth, shit is already bad enough but no, this fuck right here decides he's gonna spoon some sauce on his pasta like he's a starving ethiopian not trying to kill himself by eating too much. What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you get raped by a food bank employee when you were a kid? Or maybe, just maybe you were in a car accident and for some reason can't taste food anymore and you're forcing your bitch to hate her life too? Call fucking 911 cause we have to save this bitch.

Also never post again you filthy fucking heathen, go eat some tenders dipped in ketchup you disgusting bum. Shit.

He's just a gay american if you haven't realized it yet. Just look at his kitchen utensils and the way he cooks, it's fucking obvious

This is not how it should look. Your ingredients were right but your method is faffy, faggy and fucking wrong. You most DEFINITELY need to add wine and the the tomatoes should go in after the onion and meat stage. You should also have used a good beef stock and the whole thing should've been left to simmer for hours. It's a heavy combination of flavours and they need time to blend into each other.

Anyway, I can't be bothered. Hopefully that other guy who said he'll come back has more patience.

That is definitely NOT how the end result should look.

Oh I'll come back, and make a better fucking pasta with just a handful of ingredients and a shitty kitchen, but it will definitely be better.

>Your ingredients were right
I'm not too sure about that. Mixing all those different flavors not withstanding, the meat looked rancid and he used a premade sauce as a basis

I'm from Italy and I fail to see how this is insulting to us. It's not like he said this was some authentic Italian preparation of sauce for pasta or anything. In fact, you're the first (and so far only, other than myself) person ITT to mention anything about Italy/Italians.

Not sure it's something I would enjoy, but I would try it if offered. I was happy to have read your thread, even if that's not exactly my sort of thing.

I just make it as my mom did. Sure I use my own spices but the general recipe is the same.

I know I should have used fresher meat: I thawed it way too long (was sitting out for 6hr), plus I didn't have any basil. I've never use bouillon stock in my sauces.

For what it's worth, I used a can of diced tomatoes and a jar of pressed/squeezed tomatoes. I didn't use a premade sauce as a base, I used (not fresh) tomatoes.

I did, though: I omitted this image because I thought it was a given. I should have added more sauce, I thought half a container of sauce was enough but looks like I should have used more.

OP - The Miserly Jew

That's a lovely painting.

That sauce needs at least half a bottle of dago red. And a bay leaf.

How am I supposed to have sex with them when they have no vaginas or assholes?

Bump for improvement guy.

>ground chorizo

dude that is a criminally small amount of sauce

how long does a pot of that shit last you? 4 years?