How do i become an intellectual like the rest of you guys?

How do i become an intellectual like the rest of you guys?

Stop posting unfunny nigger memes for a start

take the red pill lmao

jus b urself bro

You already are, tragically

Its a most unenviable profession

>Read enough of the "classics" to have a good grasp of them.
>Shit on most of them, being edgy and contrarian is about a 1/3 of what being a Veeky Forums intellectual is a about.
>Develop your own taste from there. Think of what you enjoyed and explore their other work, then other authors that are similar etc. this is important, this a genuine self discovery. It's a beautiful thing but only part of being a Veeky Forums intellectual.
>The rich vocabulary and the smug sense of self importance that is allows you to develop, is the other portion of being a Veeky Forums intellectual
>Put down the books
>Fire up Veeky Forums
>Shitpost incessantly

i thought it was pretty funny

Your first step is not listening to people, ever. Be they white supremacists or state communists. Just don't buy bullshit and question, why exactly it is bullshit. Keep constant. Shit on white supremacists.

being an intellectual's horrible people ask you questions all the time, just read for prose and feels

Don't study history or biology so you can be as enlightened as this user.

It's exactly what makes you study that you realize it's bullshit. Anyone can say they study something when they don't. You are no more educated in biology as you are history outside of a basic high school+ I've read wikipedia articles way.

Quit your bitching, all in all.

Just fucking read. That alone puts you at an advantage over 90%+ of Humanity, nowadays.

I've been surprised at how much you can learn from even a single book, since I seriously started reading in the past year.

This as well.

Sums it up

Apathy towards contemporary bs and politics

Genuine aesthetic appreciation/enjoyment of literature

think in sweeps of centuries

Doesn't take long if you NEET or are on summer break, OP. Why not?

I've been complemented for my smarts by some of the smartest people, how dare you?

I am sick of this human body

how do I become a lizard man like in this pic?

I wish I didn't have to study and get a job and all that nonsense and that instead I could just shitpost the rest of my life.

Start with the Greeks. As easy as that.

you should do your best to avoid the greeks at all costs desu. it'll spare you from plato's autism

I liked Murukami(Japanese author), now I'm moving on to Gabriel Garcia Marquez(South American). Any tips?

Check out John Greene after, he's my favorite

seconded

For starters reading books doesn't make you smart and if you think otherwise you're dumb

Secondly not everyone here is even close to smart. Most are pseuds. Im a pseudo in likeliness desu, seeing as I did horribly in grade 9+10 until I realized if I kept ging like that I wouldn't get into any college after

By becoming unhappy, disdainful, and insecure. That's the only mode of being for an 'intellectual' in this god-forsaken century.

Also learn three languages
>finally can read french poetry
>sublime af
In all seriousness, we aren't intellectuals. Intellectuals are just mental athletes that spend a lot of time at it and have the sufficient threshold level of talent to do it.
If you want to become more educated and a better critical thinking then just read books in general. If you love reading eventually you might stumble on something useful.

You have to look in a mirror, turn out the lights and say "kafkaesque" 3 times in a row.

A genie will appear and turn you into a monstrous vermin.

kek

>take the red pill lmao

Don't become intellectual!!! FOR THE LOVE OF BOG! Do NOT think being intellectual is desirable.

Be good. Be strong. Be in touch with reality.

this

motherfucker stole his jacket, what the hell man.

This 2bh