Where were you when Chef Johh sold out to the corporate jew?

Where were you when Chef Johh sold out to the corporate jew?
youtube.com/watch?v=wJtEmLCtfVQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJtEmLCtfVQ&lc=z134zldqcun1ch0ew22lxlyhwn3ewjdwm04
youtube.com/watch?v=whqzY_xNY3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOOOOOOO

The worst part about this is him acting like an assblasted little bitch in the comments. What a fag.

What I wanna know is how long until he's sponsored by McCormick.

Disappointing.

At least hes not trying to hide it like that other washed up faggot with the knorr stock pots. Quite clear that he's simply cashing in on fame, and getting paid to endorse a product he probably thinks is an okay-ish substitute for the real thing.

Seems like this guy has spent a lot of time posting good recipes for almost free, as long as its not deceptive I'm okay with it.

Sellout factor 5/10. Not impressed, but also not that mad. If it keeps coming, then I'm out.

Op here, memes aside same really. I cringed once or twice during the video but otherwise idgaf.

I dont really give a shit tbqh

Agreed, he was pretty clear when he called instant potatoes a guilty pleasure like 30 times in the video how he feels. Was still cringey to watch, especially at the end when he says the list of ingredients is on the site. No shit, it's also on the back of the fucking box.

To be fair there's really no way you could make a video on how to cook instant potatoes without it being cringey as fuck, homeboy gotta make money somehow.

The sponsorship itself doesn't bother me, but if I wanted to watch a channel about assembling processed food products I'd watch that sexual predator from Weber Cooks.

>corporate jew
>surname is literally Mitzewich

So, because he has a huge following and is cashing in on it, he's a fag?

Okay.

You must have missed the part where he's encouraging the dissent by acting like an asshole in the comments.

The Youtube shekels weren't enough, I guess. Some call it cashing in and others call it selling out.

His huge following reacted the way they did because it's out of character. That's to be expected. To throw a tantrum in the comments and feed the trolls because of it is pathetic. No one wants to watch someone make fucking instant mashed potatoes.

He clearly states hes shilling a product here. Its okay because its not trying to trick people.
Also, its not a bad product to endorse. Its fucking dehydrated potato flakes, and its a genuine time saver that yields perfectly acceptable results without compromising his integrity. If he was selling frozen pizza or other terrible crap then I'd be mad.
His star quality is in the very precise cooking directions he gives, and that talent naturally carries over to advertising.

Chef John is there if you're too fucking stupid to watch Kenji Lopez-Alt.

this is a nontroversy

Do you have any idea how much time it costs him to make videos all the time? Nothing wrong with making a little extra money like this.

He could have incorporated the product in another dish. Having an entire video about making instant mashed potatoes was retarded.

Instant mashed potatoes are great for potato bread, potato pancakes, croquettes, gnocchi, batter for deep frying, thickening soups

you didnt have to watch it fucker

Chef John

Chef John are you in here

Chef John I need you to make more stupid little fried things and appetizers because I watch your shit stoned

Chef John do you ever make a blooming onion I really want to but I'm worried that I won't get the seasoning right like Chilis and I won't do their zesty dipping sauce right.

if you arent using it for mashed potatoes then getting potato starch is cheaper

Meh, I believe with reservations that he does like instant mash and chose that brand.

There are actually uses for instant potato flake, like soup, breading, or other aspects.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for school cafeteria ice-cream scoops, so I dunno. Obvious product placement, but I could see this as legitmate.

I emailed chef John 5 years ago telling him how much we loved him. I sent him a link to Veeky Forums and asked if he could do an ama. He said hed love to but he couldn't under the chef John name. Chef John threads started popping up every couple days after that

He would look like way more of a shill incorporating "Idahoan Brand Instant Potatoes(tm)" into any of the usual recipes that he makes.

Not if he gave the same sponsored video disclaimer. At least if he had actually made something interesting the video would have had a purpose BEYOND shilling some product. It was unimaginative at best.

You're helping him with by creating this thread.

Or is that your actual purpose...

hmm

some fag was talking about Veeky Forums in the comments and chef john acknowledged it. op = chef john trying to make his stupid commercial go viral

Rrright

What was the post he replied too

youtube.com/watch?v=wJtEmLCtfVQ&lc=z134zldqcun1ch0ew22lxlyhwn3ewjdwm04

the guy says "Veeky Forums Veeky Forums" and mitzewich asks "what's ck?"

lol?

You can't really blame a guy for trying to make an easy buck, and I genuinely believe he loves the shit out of instant flakes, but the video and his trolling attitude on the comments are fucking bullshit.

He didn't even attempt to do anything interesting with the instant potatoes. It's a video which basically just says, "buy these and follow the package directions." That's lazy and insulting to the viewers. Again, it's hard to blame the dude when he's got hundreds of genuinely useful videos, but it's insulting.

Unsubscribed

"Insulting?" How, really?

agree. don't find anything insulting about it. infact the whole attitude he took seemed kind of tongue-in-cheek to me. like he was doing the minimum amount of work required to get paid. makes it easy to just skip that video and forget about it IMO.

He made a 4-and-a-half minute video the sum of which is, "buy this product and follow the package directions," which said directions probably take up no more than 2 square inches on the back of a polyethylene bag that you can read in 10 seconds or fewer. It's not a recipe. It's not a technique. There's no advice. It's just a damn commercial. If I had a sponsorship, I'd at least try and do something to make the video worth watching.

Even MPW doesn't just release videos telling you to follow the package directions of Knorrā„¢ brand stock pots. He has fucking recipes.

But why does that insult you?

Because it takes the viewers' trust and wastes his fucking time. It says, "you're just a product."

Is it really that big of a deal?

For the people who have watched and enjoyed that guys videos for a long time, I'm sure it is.

Like I said, I'm not outraged. I just find it insulting.

>It's okay when Ja/ck/ does it!

Not if it's an endorsement, as this was. Then it's a sincere recommendation.

I actually believe him when he says he was thinking about making a video about it anyways. To be honest I dig some instant potatoes from time to time especially when I'm out of money. Suck it up you up you fucking pussy's.

FOUR AND A HALF MINUTES

Dude was all about the money since the beginning. Why did you think he never puts the full recipe on the Youtube description? He wanted the ad money from his blog.

Why does he talk so weird in his videos. Like the it has a up and down rhythm to it. Is it intentional?

Yeah, all for the audience, or I guess just "perfected" over time.

Here's his oldest video on youtube, note the difference youtube.com/watch?v=whqzY_xNY3I

Oh, I prefer him talking normally. Is he black?

>copy/paste that youtube link
>ad comes up with Gordon Ramsay endorsing an air fryer

Fuck it, everyone is a shill. I would be, too, if I were famous. Also I need to get adblock on this computer.

>like that other washed up faggot with the knorr stock pots
Please don't bring up Jack.

>surname is literally Mitzewich
It's pronounced Scalfani.