Al/ck/oholics: stolichnaya hangover edition

hi friends, and we're back

don't touch that dial, the self-loathing, vomiting, shaky hands, nightmares, and blissful emptiness are all coming up soon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5V7jvNyzmhY
youtube.com/watch?v=qCscYyQNwVs
youtube.com/watch?v=WP68WjxxH3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's UP mother fucks
I got a permit to rhyme
It's filed with the city
You should see it sometime

Just discovered Buck's Fizz - I'm going to ruin my credit if I'm not careful because champagne is much tasty. That being said, switched over to Jameson, I'm sincerely trying hard to mask that I'm a drunk sack of shit despite having a beer (sometimes two) on my lunch break at a relatively new job

I'm drinking self distilled low wines, had nightmare dreams last night about my ex wife's sexual parts. It's fine.

I have to quit because of panic attacks. I swear it's the fucking alcohol.

Only had one beer tonight to taper off, I think I'm gonna make it to bed without getting drunk for one of the few nights in the past four years.

isn't that the same as a mimosa

yup, it definitely worsens my panic attacks too

not enough to make me quit for good though

youtube.com/watch?v=5V7jvNyzmhY

That scene is no fucking joke. About 14 hours after a proper hose I wake up with that. It's some weird sleep version of delirium tremens mixed with anxiety and depression torment. Try to avoid.

It's either relentless depression or crippling depression with spurts of fun here and there. It's like cliff diving.

If you like champagne, you owe it to yourself to try the French 75. It's my favorite cocktail, but because I don't have any friends I have to use up the whole champagne bottle myself and I usually end up getting dangerously drunk.

You can get relatively cheap, decent sparkling wine instead of genuine champagne. If you're mixing it anyways, it's definitely good enough.

Any of ya'll watched Horace and Pete? It's worth shilling out money to Louis CK for, and it's way more worth torrenting. Alcoholism is pretty well explored in that show, and Hawkeye is in it.

Horace and Pete, by Paul Simon:
youtube.com/watch?v=qCscYyQNwVs

I usually get panic attacks when I try to stop drinking. I think the main reason I started drinking heavily was to stave off depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. The last time I tried to get sober, I had all of those, but even worse than they ever were before I became an alky. And the dreams, man. The fucking dreams. And muscle spasms. And the stank-ass sweat. I'd rather drink until my liver starts shutting down and then kill myself quick and painless.

Read everything your wrote, and never post in an alcoholic thread again.

whoa whoa whoa dangerously drunk on that whole bottle of champagne eh

Fuck you too bruh.

Look up the French 75. There's gin involved. You tell me what happens when you have a bottle of champagne and a bottle of gin in front of you and you're an alcoholic and you're "just having a couple drinks." Or just don't. I'm sure a bunch of you are just role-playing anyway.

ok ok my bad if there is gin involved

i feel you on that

anyway you know im just miserable and like to banter

Hey guys. I get drunk on light beers and maybe a few swigs of hard liquor every night. Space it out with saturday-monday of opiates, amphetamines maybe one or twice a week when something needs to get done, benzos when I want to get absolutely comfy after work, blow every two weeks or so for fun.

It's more or less "under control" in the sense that things are regulated. Completely sober would be nice, yet boring, but then I would have to cut off my enables of both brother and every friend.

It's all good man. I just don't see why people feel the need to dick-measure in a thread about alcoholism. It's literally killing us. It's not something you "win."

welp. the weekend is starting. this is when I really start to crave. I've been sober for two weeks and think I might try drinking on saturday night, see how much I can limit myself. I really wouldnt consider myself an alcoholic but I do have a binge drinking problem which is why I stopped for those two weeks. Flew off the handle a bit and was drunk for a few days straight. I figure I deserve a night of drinking though after quitting for a while

drank a 4pack of founders imperial stout last night and had the darkest shit of my life today. it was pretty much black. kinda scary until i realized why.

also that beer seemed to give me the satisfaction of smoking a cigarette. left a nice tobacco aftertaste. any other beers that taste like tobacco? thx

DOn't get me wrong, I'm saying you're lucky. Not trying to disrespect you. You're not where a lot of us are.

for me it's just because im depressed and i get shat on all day by my landlord my boss my doctor and my parents so i get online and shit on random strangers

got absolutely nothing to say, spent my fucking day talking about the death of my mom and now i'm drunk as fuck, pls ignore me thks anons

well hey, man. we're not gonna shit on you. we're here for support.

you know black shits can be a sign of internal bleeding

I've been at the end of my rope for awhile and have broken promises to quit for the last few weeks. I don't have any alcohol right now and I'm in full blown panic mode. I know I'm almost dead but my brain is screaming at me to drive to the store RIGHT NOW! I'm shaking and it's hard to type right now.

Is The Famous Grouse good for cheap scotch? It's on sale this month and I'm trying to decide whether to pick it up. These deals are killing me.

thanks friend-o

im in a dark place these days

i got denied a raise at work and i dont think my antidepressants are working and im so tired all the time, the alcohol keeps calling my name

yes it's just fine

it is dewar's tier, bushmill's tier, quite standard

You don't know anything about my drinking habits. You're going off of a single post about one type of cocktail, and trying to dick-measure. I'm in my 30s and I never go to the doctor because I don't want to answer questions about how much I drink. I buy a minimum of 12 beers every day, plus a handle of whiskey, vodka or tequila every 2. While holding down a job. That's the minimum that I drink just to stay functional. I've been drinking this way since my early 20s. So when I want to have a cocktail using a carbonated beverage that you have to drink quickly that also involves opening up a bottle of gin, I don't need some punk-ass kid on the internet telling me what I am and am not. This isn't a contest. The first to reach the finish line fucking dies.

the man said it

Hi ck. I think I might be an alcoholic. I'm only 19, so my main source of alcohol is stealing from my parents. I feel like a piece of shit whenever I do it, my parents know it happens but they don't do anything to stop it. The wierd thing is even though I get depressed whenever I drink I don't want to stop. It's scary how badly I seem to want to get drunk every night. While my life isn't ruined yet it's not far from becoming that way, I don't know what to do at this point. Should I tell someone?

I'm not an alcy or anything though. just get drunk every once in awhile. that founders turned my tongue black, so I'm pretty sure it's responsible. I'll definitely have a look at my next bowel movement tho :)

It can also be a sign that you've been drinking red wine. I've had dark coffee-ground shits before, but after a night of drinking red wine my shits are always frighteningly black.

If you can't control your drinking now, you'll definitely not be able to hold back when you're able to buy it alone.

You were yapping about champagne and cocktails. Pardon me for assuming you were a fucking lightweight. Do whatever you want and die of fatty liver if you choose. Thanks for not getting it.

So what do I do?

Stop.

don't come to these threads for advice

dont drink, it's a junk cure for your problems

t. alkie

stop completely

Your parents will notice eventually, so it's just a matter of time before you're going to have to answer some really awkward questions. Just give it up. Is there a history of addiction in your family?

and now i bet your brain is saying...wait...they're wrong...i don't need to stop COMPLETELY that's a bit much

>congratulations you have the alkie gene hard fucking core and can now enjoy a lifetime of your brain literally lying to itself

IMO one of the surest signs of potential alcoholism is the inability to stop drinking once you start drinking. If you recognize this in yourself, try to avoid drinking at all costs. Keep your mind occupied with other thoughts, do some other stuff, don't let drinking while you go about your night become a normal thing.

Whether or not you are currently an alcoholic is a matter of definition (could be considered an alcoholic b/c of volume consumed, motivation for consumption, binginess, genetics, escapism, etc. etc.), but you certainly have the potential to be one.

If you are depressed, make a considerable change in your life. Don't keep up the same patterns and add alcohol abuse to the mix. Your honeymoon phase with drinking will be over before you know it and you will begin to hate it.

Brains are funny that way. We protect our egos even when it's literally destroying us.

I have a few uncles who have been disowned from my family for their habits. But character flaws aren't really something that is talked about by my family.

i don't know what kind of red wine you're drinking, but red wine is my drink of choice and i've never had dark shits

There's a fair likelihood that there's a genetic predisposition to addiction running around in your family. If you're seriously worried, I'd go straight-edge. Very few people set out to become alcoholics, and if you're worried now, it's best to nip it in the bud before it has a chance to take over your life. If you have close friends, it might be something you want to tell them to watch out for in you. I became a full-on alcoholic because I'm generally a loner and drink alone.

shallow middle class families always look for reasons to complain and act holier than thou. Their children end up on coke, meth or heroin. The pretention is always the point of no return for most pretend wealthy families.

Maybe it's just me, but I drink everything under the sun and I've only ever had those really black shits after drinking a lot of red wine. They stink way worse than after drinking anything else as well.

>If you are depressed, make a considerable change in your life.
I wish I had figured this out sooner. I had some bad shit happen to me growing up and became self destructive. Alcohol helped me forget it all AND be self destructive. Now 10 years of forgetting later, I'm at the end.

So you don't have crones disease. Blood in your stool is a real problem. But the rest of it is a problem too.

So what do you call me doing A/R, A/P, and every other small task 5/7 40 hours a week while doing hard drugs in "moderation"?

I don't suppose you guys would have any advice about a support structure for this stuff, I'm not really sure who I can talk to about this in order to get genuine advice that isn't just the usual, "get over it" "everyone has vices" cliches.

You either control your shit, quit, or you do neither and you become full-blown alkie-mode within a few years, no "support structure" is going to save you.

There really isn't a lot of good support out there. Your choice is basically 12-step programs, which are cultish, semi-religious bullshit, but they really do help people. The point is to meet individuals who are cool and can help and give you support. The programs themselves are nonsense, but they get these people together.

Talking to someone who has never had a drinking problem fails 100% of the time, because they simply don't know. They don't know what it's like, and even if they mean well, they don't know what they're doing. You could also talk to a therapist, if you can afford a decent one. But beware of the ones who give you a list of things to do, because they don't know what they're talking about either. A good therapist is there to get you thinking.

>get you thinking
can you elaborate on this?

Everyone else here are fucked. Talk to your most trusted family member or close life long friend. Those are the only people that can help you. These fucking people are already lost. FIND YOUR FRIENDS. I'm not kidding. They'll pull you out of a fire.

I don't know where you live, but try SMART. It's like AA, but without the rigid, take-it-or-leave-it approach.

going absolutely hammered to school right now, what am I in for Veeky Forums?
sleeping for two hours somehow didn't seem much more appealing to me than playing 2 hours of paladins, would've overslept amyways I guess...

everyone is going to be able to smell it on you

Who fucking cares
I somehow feel kind of energetic and creative right now, I actually enjoy being totally shit faced in class

>puking and shitting violently over a shot and three beers in the course of three hours
My body can't do it anymore. It's time to stop.

My first weekend off where I havent had any beer. Only problem is that I work graveyard. So there isn't really anything to do at 1:00 am besides playing wow and browsing Veeky Forums. I was so bored I went for a walk right now.

Started watching what I eat and switched from beer to whiskey and gin. Easier to get a nice buzz and I don't end up drinking as much which is nice.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have noticed I am sleeping a lot better as opposed to drinking a bottle of gin and a 6 pack coupled with several bags of crisps a night.

Yeah it is perfectly fine, probably your best bet from the cheap stuff like JW red / Grants / bells etc. The black grouse stuff is good too.

I went through a phase of drinking a lot of red wine, was 2 bottles a day at one point. My shits were a very dark green, that was disconcerting. Was also about 3 years ago, everything is fine.

I recently stopped drinking and it also lasted 2 weeks. I thought the same thing that you posted and decided "fuck it, I got this drinking thing under control now" I drank and am back in the same exact cycle i was in before.

It gets pretty tough after a couple weeks. I know they say take it day by day, but all I ever think about is "Am I really not going to have a drink for the rest of my life?" and those are the types of thoughts that set off anxiety. Fuck me though, thoughts while drinking like "Am I really going to drink for the rest of my life?" can also set off anxiety.

Do what makes you happy man.

>wake up
>50%coffee/50%whiskey
>drive to work
>top off coffee/whiskey
>Lunch
>More whiskey/gin&tonic
>drive home
>Hard liquor til pass out

That's nice.

I love my girlfriend so much and yet I continue to put her through this.

Why. I'm such a piece of shit.

How are the withdrawals

i just bought some whyte and mackay triple matured scotch. is it any good?

were any of the bartenders alcoholics?

Never had it but honestly the label makes it look trashy

60 days sober. I keep a 50ml bottle of fireball on my person to remind myself that I choose not to drink.

Shit got a lot better when I switched from hard liquor to wine. A bottle of wine gives me a nice warm buzz and it tastes nice. Liqour is good for getting fucked up real fast but I got tired of the room spinning, blacking out, and puking bile in the morning. I would suggest some of you liquor drinkers give wine a go.

kek. good idea

Haven't used hard drugs in a few weeks, but I can't seem to entirely kick alcohol. I keep telling myself I'll just split my bottle of cherry mead with my friends and maybe have a whiskey sour, but I know I'll move onto beers then swig out of the whiskey bottle till I pass out again. Wanna quit by the end of the year so I can finally call myself clean.

It's been a a year since I've been drinking every day. A few nights ago I woke up and I couldn't breath. I was violently forcing it. I thought I was going to die. I'm still going to drink today though.

;_;

I'm sorry for your loss.

>the self-loathing, vomiting, shaky hands, nightmares, and blissful emptiness are all coming up soon

Bitch, it's already here and has been here for week. I'm tired of this show, I want to change the channel.

I was bleeding out of my ass every time I took a shit for a week. It's stopped though.

so you didn't reply to that image?

What is the coolest whiskey / whisky / scotch label?

Obviously Japanese labels look exotic but I am going to go with the Oban box and label.

found a wine that was on special, but was also offering 33% more (1L bottle)

it goes down without me hating it, so thats a win in my book.

cheap red is really drinkable to me

Only had 7 beers last night. Felt pretty good not having a hangover this morning. Going to be drunk until Sunday now that it's friday.

Update: I successfully avoided going to the store and buying alcohol last night. Fell asleep at around ~1:00 AM and woke up at 9:00 AM, pretty normal for me. The difference is that I didn't feel so hazy and dizzy when I woke up.

I'm not going to panic at all today. What was freaking me out, I think, was that dissociative/depersonalized feeling involved with the hangover. It's like my thoughts are fixated upon existential crisis and I become paralyzed, can't even function properly.

Going to try to just have one beer tonight with dinner and do it again. The feeling of stasis during daylight hours beats the shit out of drunkenness at night for me.

I think you might be me, this is one of my biggest barriers to returning to drunkenness...the hangover derealization and panic attacks

I guess usually I would rather be bored as shit and mostly emotionally stable during the day than have a panicky hangover

Good to know that somebody else out there has experienced this.

>I would rather be bored as shit

Yes, this is what I'm coming to terms with. I had a lot less fun last night without alcohol. No pacing around listening to music, browsing the internet was boring, etc... basically ended up spending 3-4 hours lying in bed watching videos and streams until my interests were sated and I could pass out in peace.

But that's just the world I'm facing. I'm too deep into the mind games. If I get drunk in a way that I feel deep down is inappropriate, I wake up with a hang over, kick myself hard, question my existence, then convince myself I'm having a heart attack or can't breathe.

The glory days of boozing are over for me. I'm not invincible. I'm sick of the internal struggle and just want to chill/be happy.

Last night I had a dream that I was pregnant (I'm a man) and I kept drinking alcohol in hopes that it would kill the fetus inside me
I usually have crazy ass dreams anyways but there seems to be something subliminal about this

Oh god the birds are back

Hallucinatory birds or real birds??

its all good I tried to bayonet a squirrel in my underwear from my bedroom window

I go a little crazy when im on a bender

Fell off the wagon 12 days sober
Drinking cold beers and eating pot noodle watching YouTube.
Why am I alive?
I feel an umbilical cord is tied to me and booze. (Mother drank during pregnancy, no complications. Only this addiction)
Kill me now

at least you made it that twelve days. Get it out of your system and start anew tomorrow

Well boys, I'm getting out of the game after tonight. I had a harm-reduction system that was working pretty well, but I decided to make an exception and drink on Wednesday night, and here I am on my third night of binge drinking in a row.

Clearly I haven't taken enough time off, so at least for the next few months I'm done with booze. I went two and a half months earlier this year and my life improved amazingly in that short span. I was genuinely happy, my finances improved, I lost weight, I was getting compliments on my performance at work, . . . .

Speaking of work (I'm a lawyer), I just remembered this youtube video of a drunk lawyer in Las Vegas. It's pretty cringe-inducing.

youtube.com/watch?v=WP68WjxxH3o

Sorry about your loss. That's got to be tough. I've never lost anyone I was that close to. Closest were my grandparents, and that's not quite the same.

I hear there are lots of alkie lawyers?

Russian here, how that fuck do you guys get hangovers? I literally never had a hangover in my life, and I once drank like a whole 0.7 bottle of vodka with no food to break it in. Just drink water with it. Like a shit ton of water.

Fuck man, that's rough. Stick it out. Order a pizza or some Chinese or Mexican or a burger or whatever. Just stuff yourself.

Yes, tell someone. Go to an AA meeting, or SMART if that's available in your area. You don't have to commit to anything. Just show up and talk to some people after the meeting.

This is solid advice.

This guy is retarded.

I've heard of this happening. Apparently it really is a sign that your body can't take any more.

Very interesting approach.