Have blacks ever written worthwhile literature?

Have blacks ever written worthwhile literature?

Hard Mode: Have blacks ever written non-political worthwhile literature?

>Have blacks ever written worthwhile literature?

yes. A metric fuck ton.

>Hard Mode: Have blacks ever written non-political worthwhile literature?

Yes. A fuck ton.

No.

Name some examples please. It shouldn't be hard, considering there are a "metric fuck ton".

How do you expect them to write when they can't even read?

>there's such thing as apolitical literature in any cultural context

>who is Ishmael Reed

holy fuck ass mcshit do we have to do this every week I'm getting tired of typing out "Teju Cole, Open City" every time /pol wants to pretend they ever research their dumb opinions.
/thread

You consider mediocre poetry that any graduate student can spit out to be worthwhile?

Who are you?

>/threading your own post

Don't pretend you've been around longer than a week.

No. Blacks have an average IQ of 70. They are unable to create anything even remotely resembling art.

Its been done before, use the archive, search for marlon james, thiong'o, morrison, whatever. I mean we could list the american civil rights authors, african post colonial authors, biracial authors, contemporary lit types, but you would reject them out of hand, so whats the point? We have this thread every week.

> that any graduate student can spit out

I think the real question is 'who are you'?
Let's see your work then.

The Color Purple
A Raisin in the Sun
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Anything W.E.B. Du Bois wrote
The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano
Really most importantly Things Fall Apart

There I named a small number of classics of Afro-American literature do I get a cookie for teaching what you should have already learned in grade school

hahahahahahahaha oh man he did it

ye nigga fiddy cent, lil weezy n hova dun wrote sum classics dat be strate fire homie

short pasta is weak pasta

>He thinks I meant his poetry
Try again, pseud.

>implying kanye didnt produce masterpiece after masterpiece

I said worthwhile you illiterates. Are you seriously going to compare these to Pushkin or Balzac?

And even to expand it past Afro-American literature, let's talk about the oeuvres of Bessie Head and Sam Selvon.

But why even waste time on this thread, the OP and his friends are just uneducated and not worth anyone's time. They're probably White Trash. :(

You did not mention any work by name, and I guarantee you won't because none of it is worthwhile. Embarrassing.

>a worthwhile subjective experience

>I said worthwhile you illiterates

You shouldn't set the bar so high when you live so low

And btws my dear friend, Pushkin was part black. Get educated.

See the attached image.

Fallacy. The bar is not even that high.

Achebe and Thiong'o, Dumas and Morrison, yes.

awww shiet cant believe i was sleepin on dat nigga yeezy I put his joints on when becky come round an dat shits a wrap nahmean?

>muh pre-modern wonderland when art's value was decided by rich toffs who had the time to sit around and ensure their standards in art where the only standards

Sorry lad.

>The bar is not even that high

You are far far far far far dumber than Chinua Achebe so I think you shouldn't judge so easily. I mean if you're so smart what's your excuse for not being able to find books everyone knows of.

Nobody here is looking to actually change their opinion or get book recommendations.

Just ignore the thread. None of these faggots are going to learn.

Oh shut up

WE

wrote a lot of great 20th literature and single handily created music as you enjoy it

KANGZ

>I mean if you're so smart what's your excuse for not being able to find books everyone knows of
None of them are worthwhile, illiterate.

I never see a reason why the fuck I should read some Okot p'Bitek or Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o (and this goes for every people unless they write in some less spoken native language) when there are hundreds of masters whose bibliographies would take me a lifetime to read.

If I wanted to chew on cardboard and eat cardboard I could easily eat a paper back copy of a book by Pushkin or Balzac.

If you pay me, I will eat a hardback copy of one of their books.

the op said worthwhile

What was the point of this post? To highlight your dreadful taste? Mission accomplished, mongoloid.

>Open City
>not political
Now I know why you like that trash book so much--you're illiterate

And I listed worthwhile and well regarded books. Do you need help with anything?

/thread

Pay me to eat the books.

Pay me to eat a hardback copy of The Tale of the Dead Princess and the Seven Knights.

One knife. One spoon.

u racist

OP asked for worthwhile literature written by Blacks, not literature written by Blacks about Blacks.

Not really.

No.

>worthwhile
I know graduate students who have turned in better work than some of your tripe.

Yes. It's just that, whenever people show it to you, you dismiss it as "not worthwhile" because it's a lot easier to do that than it is to actually read.

Are you Black or do you have some unhealthy obsession with Blacks?

What does Veeky Forums think of Beloved? I thought it was pretty good. Very Faulkner-esque.

>OP explicitly asks for non-political worthwhile literature written by black people
>you post nothing but political and worthless literature taught to ninth graders
Do all progressives have this much trouble with reading comprehension? Is that why they read so much black literature, because it's easier for their pea-sized brains?

So what you're asking for is for people to had hold you through books you can't read through subtext.

fuck off

Pay me and I will record myself eating a hardback copy of La Peau de chagrin.

Do it.

No you don't. You don't know any graduate students.

Guys stop responding to this threat, it's b8 written by a piece of white trash who has nothing positive on which to base his subjecthood, forcing him to resort to racism in order to give him some sense of identity where he is not Pathetic.

OP why are you even talking about literature? Go back to digging ditches or whatever it is that you rednecks do.

Fuck off, tripfag.

That author is white.

>So what you're asking for is for people to had hold you through books you can't read through subtext.
What are you even trying to say, 'my nigga bix noo' muhfugga sheet', as you people say.

Samuel R. Delaney wrote some good books, he also went totally insane and wrote poo poo pee pee pepe tier garbage.

I have an unhealthy stubborn obsession with telling really pale dudes to eat shit while not being black because it is emotionally stimulating and satisfying to see them annoyed. There is not a moment of my life, or day goes by, I will not be on Veeky Forums replying to every post you ever make until you get sick of me.

And after that I'll still be replying until you go back to your board.

I will be here all year. And if it takes it, all decade.

yea u is cuz u be trynta silence me but i ain't my grandad yo an I WILL fucc u up if u keep oppressing me whyteboi

The opportunity cost of reading any of these mediocre "works" is far too high to be considered worthwhile.

Another empty reply, devoid of any substance. Are you a girl?

t. Tyrone LaDaquel.

c u c k

I'm not black lol. I'm saying I'm not here to hold your hand, because you're not intelligent to understand subtext. You just admitted that you "can't understand black literature about black problems".

Like, I know what you were trying but you just fucked up and called yourself a lobotomite.

So you do admit you have an unhealthy obsession with Blacks? Do you perchance have a girlfriend who has sex with Black men? Do you take care of her son while she's off to Detroit?

>There is not a moment of my life, or day goes by, I will not be on Veeky Forums replying to every post you ever make until you get sick of me.
Why would I get sick of you? Have you posted these kind of things before? I think this thread is pretty funny, you and this guy just seem pathetic and insecure.

I'm the one doing the cucking. Everyone does, and it's on /pol/ posters.

>The opportunity cost of reading any of these mediocre "works" is far too high to be considered worthwhile.

You type like a shit sandwich smells lol.

>/pol/ on my Veeky Forums

absolute cancer

kill yourselves

>I'm not black lol.
>lol
Sure you aren't. Either you're Black or one of those spineless underage White social justice warriors, feminine regardless of gender.

>You just admitted that you "can't understand black literature about black problems".
That is not what I wrote, you can go back and read what I wrote but I don't blame you if you can't understand. It happens with uneducated Blacks and children.

>So you do admit you have an unhealthy obsession with Blacks?

Black girls are pretty cute.

>Why would I get sick of you?

Because you come here for the very same reason. To market your shit, and I'm pointing it out whenever you do it.

If you accuse me of saying you're not marketing your ideological brand, then let us get bogged down in an argument about why you came to the most Marxist board about literature to talk about why black people cannot write.

Your point is pointless.

t. cuckold

>Are you a girl?
might be an actual coalburner desu

>Sure you aren't. Either you're Black or one of those spineless underage White social justice warriors, feminine regardless of gender.

Oh I'm a girl don't worry your soft little unemployed head.

>Pay me and I will record myself eating a hardback copy of La Peau de chagrin.
>Do it.
Is your brain okay? I think your anger over losing the debate is affecting your reasoning skills.

There has always been animosity toward black literature on Veeky Forums though. I agree it wasn't pronounced as before, but I remember seeing frequent threads on its mediocrity when I came here in 2011.

I'm dating someone, excuse me?

>Veeky Forums
>Marxist

SUMMERFAGS GTFO REEEEEEE

>Because you come here for the very same reason. To market your shit, and I'm pointing it out whenever you do it.
What am I marketing?

>the most Marxist board about literatur
What?

Also
>keeps posting pepe
you're definitely Black. Probably one of those Blacks who incessantly uses twitter and instagram. I'm guessing you came on Veeky Forums after you found out where all those memes came from and you wanted to see what this site was all about.

Being in a relationship is a prerequisite to being a cuckold, dummy.

REMINDER TO SAGE THREADS LIKE THIS

THIS ISN'T LITERATURE RELATED

REMINDER CANCEROUS NEWFAGS NEED TO LEAVE Veeky Forums AND TAKE THEIR UNEDUCATED HILLBILLY OPINIONS WWITH THEM

REMINDER TO SAGE ALL THREADS LIKE THIS

REMINDER THAT /POL/ IS THE NEW CANCER OF Veeky Forums, INFECTING ALL BOARDS LIKE AN IRREDEEMABLE CANCER OF UNFUNNY SHITPOSTING

REMINDER THAT /POL/ WILL CONTINUE TO SHOVE ITS TINY COCK IN EVERY ORIFICE OF Veeky Forums UNLESS YOU TAKE ACTION

REMINDER THAT /POL/ IS UNRELATED TO LITERATURE

SAGE SAGE SAGE

>muh safe space

Veeky Forums isn't Marxist and it never has been. Take your memefrogs and slacker ideology back to /r9k/

Bullshit the past four years were arguing about philosophy to the point of joking about

These threads in this quantity, are a recent phenomenon. Smells of crossie.

I'll still eat those books.

It's great to fit in but last year a majority of posters were screaming at you to leave and shoving Derrida down your throat.

Again, these simplistic threads in this quantity are a recent phenomenon.

>What am I marketing?

/pol/

>What?

Why did you come to the most traditionally known marxist board to market/bait? None stop throughout today.

>you're definitely Black.

I'm 100% black.
I am the most Veeky Forums person here.

>getting mad on the internet

Just say so if you're angry or if you're an actual coalburner.

>There has always been animosity toward black literature on Veeky Forums though.
Of course there has, because it's true.

>_>

>Veeky Forums isn't Marxist and it never has been.

Yes it has. Crossie crossie, smells of new, never came, pretend pretend. Crossie Crossie.

CRASHING THREAD WITH NO SURVIVORS

cancer goes in all fields

>nigger
>Veeky Forums

I am gay and I would a black girl before a white girl. No question.

But it's a fun thread. Calm down.

>/pol/
I don't go on /pol/.

>the most traditionally known marxist board
I don't know where you get this from. We're on Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums, I think you might be confused.

>market/bait
Just because I don't agree with your view that Black literature is worth anything doesn't mean I'm "marketing" or baiting.

>I'm 100% black.
Laughed out loud, thanks.

Have you ever read or heard of James Baldwin?

I'm black hi

Of course you would a Black girl before a White girl, Black girls look more like guys than White girls.

/pol/ might represent modern reactionaries but it isn't responsible for reactionaries being present on other boards. Most of the hardcore stormfront /pol/ users moved to cripplechan years ago

What you're seeing is a casual backlash against the media and political dominance of progressivism. It's happening in most major internet communities, not just Veeky Forums, and will probably become even more popular after Hillary is elected president.

Blacks living in the western world are western and share the same tradition as everyone else in the west

You're really getting worked up over this thread, huh? How old are you, bud?

>I don't go on /pol/.

I don't care. And I don't believe you. Have no reason to believe you. Biggest horde of liars there is.

>I don't know where you get this from.

Years of experience. Compared to /pol/ this is a college campus. Because it is more likely to have college students, same as Veeky Forums or /g/.

Except this is the most traditionally, what you don't agree with board.

Always has been.

Always see your kind trying to say it was always your way.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.

I would a fucking sea urchin before your turgid moldy socially awkward ass.

>What you're seeing is a casual backlash against the media and political dominance of progressivism

that sounds so fucking pathetic.

fuck outta here wit dat oreo shit nigga we didn't land on plymouth rock plymouth rock landed on us biatch

What could I gain from lying about going to /pol/? You don't think there's anons who believe what I've written so far without going on /pol/? Are you this dense?

>Compared to /pol/ this is a college campus.
Not a modern American one.

>Except this is the most traditionally, what you don't agree with board.
>Always has been.
What did he mean by this?

>Always see your kind trying to say it was always your way.
What is my kind?

>I would a fucking sea urchin before your turgid moldy socially awkward ass.
You already are, I know how much you Black guys love cellulite "phat" asses.

Also

writing like

this

makes it very easy to tell how new you are

so forget about your "Years of experience".

WE