Has anyone been able to rebut Bertrand Russell's famous argument In Marriage and Morals...

Has anyone been able to rebut Bertrand Russell's famous argument In Marriage and Morals? Einstein even gave great praise to the work

>Love as a relation between men and women was ruined by the desire to make sure of the legitimacy of children.

>The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot coexist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue.

>Even in civilised mankind faint traces of a monogamic instinct can sometimes be perceived.

>I should not hold it desirable that either a man or a woman should enter upon the serious business of a marriage intended to lead to children without having had previous sexual experience.

>Science enables us to realise our purposes, and if our purposes are evil, the result is disaster.

>Joy of life... depends upon a certain spontaneity in regard to sex. Where sex is repressed, only work remains, and a gospel of work for work's sake never produced any work worth doing.

>Gluttony is regarded by the Catholic Church as one of the seven deadly sins, and those who practise it are placed by Dante in one of the deeper circles of hell; but it is a somewhat vague sin, since it is hard to say where a legitimate interest in food ceases and guilt begins to be incurred. Is it wicked to eat anything that is not nourishing? If so, with every salted almond we risk damnation.

Russell's father allowed Russell's mother to sleep with Russell's tutor, and Bertrand Russell grew up to be a genius and win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehuffexpress.blogspot.com.au/p/bertrand-russell-in-first-place-imust.html
warosu.org/lit/thread/8071100
imgur.com/a/Uj5Ib
pastebin.com/bf5fZE9b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Russell's father allowed Russell's mother to sleep with Russell's tutor

This is what a lot of his trash reads like. A justification of his pathetic cuck father to hide his own humiliation and embarrassment being the spawn of that.

Well was his father also sleeping around? Either way he's right, regardless of whether his pops was a cuck.

It seems fairly selfish and short-sighted to deny children the benefit of a loving father and the advantages he may bestow upon them because you personally don't care about legitimacy.

Russell can do what he wants, but nothing he says makes me want a monogamous family any less.

You can't be a good parent if you aren't in a monogamous relationship?

Why would I bother if I don't know if it's my kid?

Um, shitlord? Parenthood is decided by society not genetics. That's why they banned DNA testing in France.

Thought they banned it cause everyone is so promiscuous there and it caused too many problems.

>I don't care about human beings unless they come from my penis
This attitude, everyone, is the problem with society

I don't go around abusing other peoples' kids, but I'm not going to just randomly pick a few to spend my life paying for and mentoring with all my effort when I have the option to have some that share my genes.

If your wife has a child, the child is objectively part of your family, and it is wrong of you to not support the child. Even Earl from My Name is Earl knew this much when he was bad person

If things are that way then I just don't marry.

Would you really take care of your wife's kid if you knew 100% it wasn't yours? Assuming you're white, if she popped out some nigglet, would you pretend its your kid and take care of it?

When the day of the rope comes, people like you will be the first against the wall, degenerate.

>If your wife has a child, the child is objectively part of your family, and it is wrong of you to not support the child.
because contemporary marital law is fucked sideways

If I marry; my wife will be faithful or she will not be my wife.

i feel no obligation towards betrayers, be they female or male.

Uh, and how the fuck did the child betray you?

irrelevant.

No it's not, you're throwing away your responsibility because of something petty that ultimately makes zero difference

>your responsibility
Except I didn't conceive the child and women are now free to work and earn a living for themselves. If she values me little enough to cheat on me and keep the product, then she certainly can't lay claim to my affection and support.

And this is why we can't have nice things. Cultural marxists and feminists should be beaten in the streets.

>Where sex is repressed
Does not happen and never has in the western world.

Seriously, niggas need to read the Canterbury Tales. All this sexual repression stuff is just middle class weirdness.

cuck

No the bio father and mother (your "wife") are the ones who betrayed you, your marriage and the baby. You are an innocent 3rd party

>shitlord
Oh boy, here we go

Don't speak to me or my son ever again

Don't speak to me or my wife's son ever again.

The issue is not the kid but the wife; the social contract of a relationship is based on mutual respect and affection, if you create a kid outside of these agreed upon conditions then you have no basis to bitch and moan about the father not giving a fuck.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

yeah right like you people so adamant about passing on your genes will ever even fuck anyone

Yeah, these guys are so gross. I would never let them use my holes, and I'm sure all the other ladies in this thread agree, right sister? We sure showed those virgins who've never used a woman hole before.

why so mad, roasty? worried you won't be able to raise your bastard on hubby's dime?

scum

cuck

no, that's your spouse

cuck

the woman has become hysterical, somebody get the vibrator

cuck

>literally defending "my wifes son"

ahhahahaa fucking Veeky Forums designated cuck board

cuck

These are why Tumblr memes aren't funny.

cuck

seriously lady, toss yourself off. You'll feel miles better after, trust me

cuck

I haven't laughed this much in years

it's rare nowadays to troll someone to the point where they just lose control like this

the butthurt is palpable and delicious

cuck

Sounds like typical anglo philosophy

>The love and care I give to my own kids and family is the same as I should give to the rest of the world.

I can tell you don't have kids or if you do you don't really love them, or you are just creepily too friendly and overstep your bounds with everyone you meet.

cuck

too much ambien, box wine and anonymous dick probably

is /int/ always this cucked? holy shit you guys are fucking pathetic

LeL
The only ever acceptable circumstance in modern society that you're raising a child not of your own is either you are incurable of having your own, or your raising a decided family members child. Anything out that and you are just a cuck who is contributing to the downfall of society, seriously I laugh and cringe at the same time reading the shit you cucks come out with.

Maybe she's finally starting to realise to live for yourself and not be cucked by society's expectations.
cucks

Jessica valenti is a nutjobthough, she should of never had a child. she feels no love for any child ever because of her indoctrination in to feminism.

>valenti
taking on her husband's name doesn't seem to stop her from being an anglo-lizard thing

>I generation meme
laddy you make enjoy a website called reddit

>I generation
Wrong
>meme
Post discarded

>you're meant to feel remorse for strangling humans to death, but even here sitting on hundreds of dead corpses i feel nothing
give her a raise

>CHESTERTON: The person who is paid to look after the child does not have any feeling. That is a good point; and, there- fore, in any kind of quarrel or trouble or danger he will betray. "The hireling fleeth because he is an hireling."
>RUSSELL: It is much less likely that a hospital nurse will flee from a patient than that anybody else would.
>CHESTERTON: Than the mother?
>RUSSELL: Yes, much less likely.

Rusell: anglo-lizard psycho
being a fan of russell is a good filter for people with no hope

That's pretty fucked. I feel like Russell said just about everything he did out of spite for "normies" rather than because he thought it was a good idea.

Absolute drop kick of a human, why he is repeatedly brought up on this board is a fucking (analytic) wonder

>Russell had proposed that we “abolish the universal, fundamental institution of mankind” while claiming there is nothing fitted by nature to replace it. Russell’s “solution” was to have nursery schools pay officials to do something which nature leads parents to do already. Chesteron continued: “You are exactly like a lunatic who should walk in the garden in the pouring rain and hold up an umbrella while he watered a plant.”

Based Chesteron gets his number turn after turn

Full debate -> thehuffexpress.blogspot.com.au/p/bertrand-russell-in-first-place-imust.html

>Russell uses rational argument
>Chesterton uses le witty quips
RUSSELL BTFO!

"Our purposes are evil"

Berty just blew it. By constantly trying to overthrow the concept of an ultimate good "God" you cannot then use some abstract concept of evil to critique people's behavior and remain logically consistent.

Badiou was right. Not even a theist btw.

This guys is a fucking scumbag

This, Veeky Forums is retarded and only hates analytic philosophy because it would require them to actually use their brains and read real philosophy instead of obscurist bullshit.

I take it back. Russell was a daring thinker even if he was an asshole, but Chesterton is a lapdog of the people with a silver tongue and nothing more.

What a pathetic straw man

There is a point in that quip though

I'm a male animal. I desire to raise offspring genetically descended from myself. Monogamy helps to ensure that that occurs.
>Joy of life... depends upon a certain spontaneity in regard to sex
That's just like your opinion man.
> Everybody knows that this is untrue.
Sick appeal to the majority.

Seems like a good place to ask.

What's a good place to start reading philosophy from a modern perspective?

This thread: warosu.org/lit/thread/8071100
Full album: imgur.com/a/Uj5Ib
List of all books (with ISBNs on the left): pastebin.com/bf5fZE9b

>father was a cuckold
That's pretty funny.

Many thanks.

Does anybody have the screenshot of those letter Russell received that nearly drove him to suicide?

I need them for my own satisfaction.