I'm a very amateur chef and one of my favourite simple comfort foods is spaghetti bolognaise. When I make it though...

I'm a very amateur chef and one of my favourite simple comfort foods is spaghetti bolognaise. When I make it though, I usually just use a bottled sauce with a can of tomatoes + whatever appropriate spices. It always ends up tasting pretty good but I'm starting to get a bit bored of it. What are some simple things I can add or change to take it above comfort food to something I can be proud of?

Make it with deer meat.

What's deer meat like? How does it suit bolognaise?

>comfort foods

What is a good recipe for western style bolognaise? (not that crappy italian shit)

make your own tomato sauce. It seems like the next step in your cooking.
Also the term is cook

>Bottle of sauce
>Can of tomatoes
>Cooking

Faggot

cook a steak ya fucken drongo

thanks for not blowing up about my use of chef

A bit like beef but gamier. Very flavorful.

>>How does it suit bolognaise
Anything you can do to get around cheap-ass factory farmed meat is going to taste better. Doesn't matter if it's bolognese, a steak, roast poultry, or anything other dish. Improve the ingredient quality and you improve the dish.

this post is hella American

What even is western bolognaise?

bolognese is not a tomato sauce. it's a meat sauce.

brown the fuck out of some meat. take it out the pan. put some finely chopped onions, carrot and celery in the pan. scrape up the bottom of the pan and sweat the veg down. put the meat back in. put in enough milk and tomato puree to cover. cook for a loooooooong fucking time on the lowest heat you can muster.

you can add whatever you want. garlic. chicken livers. bacon. anchovies. rosemary, thyme. the rind of a wedge of parmesan. lots of caramelised onions. worcestershire sauce. sherry vinegar. chilli sauce. lemon rind. fried aubergines. mushrooms. fennel seed. pork sausage. broccolini.

>anchovies

2nding this. I always put a little anchovy paste into my bolognese and it's fucking delicious.

This man knows what he's talking about. You can make this shit in bulk and freeze into meal size portions for ez microwave pasta sauce. Lived off this shit in uni.

glass of wine

add mexican chorizo, trust me

Make puttanesca.

I can't believe I forgot to mention wine. Red or white, whatever, bit of alcohol and tannin is always good with tomatoes and meat.

Take jar of pic related. Put into a sauce pan. Turn heat on high, add in some garlic powder and some onion powder and some of that green lid shake cheese. Bring to a boil and take off heat and add it into some browned ground beef and mix together. Mix in some of the beef fat and olive oil maybe like 1/2 cup or so for the small jar. Let it simmer for maybe 3-4 minutes. Spoon it out over your pasta. Make sure you cook pasta past al dente because the sauce won't absorb into it. Then for a side I like to broil some white bread with butter spread on it and garlic salt and shake cheese sprinkled on top. Absolute awesome meal.

>Amateur chef

You can try and make the real ragù alla bolognese, and not that lazy american version

>fake cheese
>shit-tier premade sauce
>Absolute awesome meal.

That doesn't add up user.

Cook your meat and sauce for a few hours. Low and slow.