So what's the deal with psychiatry? Is it evidence-based? A lot looks like broscience.to me

So what's the deal with psychiatry? Is it evidence-based? A lot looks like broscience.to me.

I've seen several psychiatrists and none of them was able to cure my depression.

It is but the evidence is only able to show that it works on average but not how it actually works.

This.
It's like astrology, basically.

Astrology works and produces results? This is news to me.

Yeah its like a placebo. If you believe, it does something. Basically all of these things are rooted in the divine power of God.

The predictions are vague enough that on average it works.

It's real science, but our understanding of the brain is not advanced enough to have sound treatments for mental illnesses.

Most of todays psychiatric treatments are like trying to fix a bug in your web browser by upping the voltage on the CPU.

Psychiatry in a nutshell is the purple glasses. What psychiatry do is trying to break your brain function to distort the perception of reality.
Real world problems, Shit life, poor, wageslave, no future? No problem, take pill.

Precisely this. When the desired outcome is defined vaguely enough, it is simple to claim success. While neuroscience might actually be a science, psychiatry is voodoo and magic pills.

"It seems to work on average because of positive bias" and "it works on average" are completely different things.

Ha thats kind of true...it seems like psychiatrists got tired of doing their job...

Considering that all a modern psychiatrist does is push downer pills, I'd say it's bullshit

Except when they give you uppers.

>tell psychiatrist about my suicide
>he literally doesn't know how to help me
>only forces me to promise I won't do it or else he is obliged to commit me to a hospital

Just tell me that depression is uncurable cancer of the soul. Don't pretend you can treat it.

what do you expect your psychiatrist to do when you already committed suicide? he can't bring you back to life.

Why are you depressed user?

Why do you see suicide as the only viable alternative to anything else to fix your problems?

>Most of todays psychiatric treatments are like trying to fix a bug in your web browser by upping the voltage on the CPU

what is this shit even supposed to mean?

His analogy is retarded, but I think he means what was said above about them only giving you either uppers or downers to treat every problem.

ADHD is treated by giving the kid a huge dose of uppers, which helps them focus.

Nothing in psychiatry or psychology is curable or even really treatable. You just chemically castrate the person until it's not a problem anymore.

My life only consists of contempt, hatred and disgust. This is what I receive from the enemies around me, and it is what I feel for them.

do it faggot, one less shitposter

>rom the enemies around me,

What enemies?

I can tell you're young, so what kind of "enemies do you even have?

Almost everyone is my enemy. But I guess women are the worst.