Coffee Name Help

I suck with all the fancy terminology for ordering coffee. All I want is essentially espresso and chocolate, with regular coffee to bulk it out. The closest thing is obviously a mocha, but that has tons of milk in it.

I essentially want a black mocha, but no barista seems to understand this concept. I either get given espresso and chocolate in the bottom of a normal coffee cup, or an Americano. What would be the simple name for the thing I want to order??? All I want is a tall, bitter, chocolaty caffeine bomb without having to spell it out to moron baristas.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=canadiano drink&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZr5XfpabPAhUU0IMKHVhKDvAQ1QIIMygF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"i want a mocha but make the hot chocolate with water not milk"

Tell her to give you a cup of coffee with a shot of espresso and chocolate sauce

>her

uhh, sexist much?

overreacting over nothing much?

>uhh
sperg much?

>sperg

uhh, neurotypical much?

>neurotypical
uhhh uhh
... y-you too

espresso in coffee is called a red eye or Canadiano. just say you want a red eye with a shot of chocolate syrup. or Fat Canadiano. fattie.

>Canadiano

what

one of the largest consumers of coffee is Canada, and they were the ones to basterdize coffee with "red eye", a shot of espresso in a cup of coffee.

There you go

You made "Canadiano" up.

Googling that turns up only the single most hipster coffee maker ever devised: a set of pour-overs carved out of exotic wood, each one to be paired with a specific single-origin coffee

>Canadiano
Bull fucking sh-
google.com/search?q=canadiano drink&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZr5XfpabPAhUU0IMKHVhKDvAQ1QIIMygF

Well I'll be damned

"black mocha" sounds like something a goth girl would order.

you need to make the barista feel like they are a dumbass for not knowing what you want. ask for a "cafe stronzo" and then explain to them what your idea is. if they give you a drink without asking what a cafe stronzo is, give it back and explain.

Yeah, not many places have it on the menu board, but most will recognize the name.

Other anons have suggested ordering a red eye (drip/brewed coffee with a shot of espresso) with chocolate, decent suggestion any barista worth a piss knows what a red eye is.

Or just order a regular/drip/brewed hot coffee with an extra shot and chocolate if you want to spell it out for them.

>t. Barista

I'm assuming drip coffee is in the glass pot looking thing? In NZ, all barista coffees are made with expresso and an americano is a large cup of water with a shot of expresso (large long black essentially). I had no idea what a red eye was but the more you know

I'm a dude that actually works in a coffee shop.

Here's what you do:

Say: "Could I have an Americano with chocolate in? Kinda like a mocha but without the milk?"

Done. Jeez you guys are 'spergy and dumb.

fuck off faggot
literally none of the coffee shops in my town will hire men because they don't make the store any money

Order a mocha with hot water instead of milk, or order an Americano with mocha sauce.

t.
barista

>All I want is essentially espresso... with regular coffee to bulk it out
It's called a red eye
> and chocolate
and a pump of chocolate, $.50 extra

why does coffee ordering have to be so convoluted

Yea correct usually in the glass container. Drip coffee is one of the most widespread methods in the U.S. it's literally coffee in a filter with hot water poured through it. There are similar chains here that only do espresso based drinks. A lot of the times at my shop we stop serving drip near close and offer Americanos instead so we can clean the containers. Most people can't tell the difference b/c of the similar taste.

B/c in the U.S. every chain has their own copyrighted phrase for certain types of drinks. If you learn the basic terminology for the drink you're ordering it cuts through the bullshit