What's music you usually listen to when you read? What genre is it, best compliments it?

What's music you usually listen to when you read? What genre is it, best compliments it?

youtube.com/watch?v=d81G9W8pEno

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7jZ0AaUM6v8
youtube.com/watch?v=2DJUN2M3D-E
youtube.com/watch?v=XQMqGXd41H8
youtube.com/watch?v=F3_tE-7ouco
youtube.com/watch?v=JQGTORbJgB4
youtube.com/watch?v=chwADnoFDng
youtube.com/watch?v=tfCmCy3AziQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't focus at all when I'm listening to music and reading. Being a musician means that you can't help but think about all the little nuances of a song ("that guitar has a lot of mid", "I think I hear a synth in the background", "I never noticed that little melodic line before", and so on). This is all while I'm supposed to be thinking about the relationship between the characters, the plot, and the overall theme of a work.

This. I put on dadrock or music from high school if I'm on public transport and just want something to drown out other noise.

>dadrock or music from high school
>reading

what the fuck. disgusting.

youtube.com/watch?v=7jZ0AaUM6v8

Bowie and Vaporwave, mostly.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DJUN2M3D-E
Arvo Pärt, a true patrician, will accompany you in your literary journey.

Invest in white noise, my friend.

What albums? Low seems atmospheric enough where it wouldn't be distracting

Try something more dronecore for when you have to use it. I recommend Earth 2.

Recently I've been listening to this album while reading

youtube.com/watch?v=XQMqGXd41H8

>listening to anything while reading

fuck off, Montie

It's mostly atmosphere, ambient. Stars of the Lid is always good. It helps nail a feel of a scene for me sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3_tE-7ouco

The more a noise is loud or complex, the harder it will be to focus on reading. I don't understand how people stand listening to music while reading.

That's why it's mostly soft ambient, with darker moods. I mean, I guess it just depends on how well you can get into it a book you're reading, you know?

I started listening to classical music at work, and it's bled over into my reading time.

>tfw you became a member of Minnesota Public Radio
>tfw you have the tote bag

How well you know the piece also makes a difference. I find reading on trains or loud areas with Ministry a-ok because that's what I listened to as a 16-year old edgemaster and my brain already knows where every note is and can filter it out without diverting any extra attention away from the book I'm reading.

The only thing I sometimes listen to while reading are Gregorian chorals. Everything else is too distracting, but I like listening to them when I have a lot of other stuff going on in my head that I want to silence.

I think classical music ruins good books imho. Much more you can do with various kinds of synth.

>best compliments it?
complements*

youtube.com/watch?v=JQGTORbJgB4

This is my power tune for when I'm reading the likes of Nietzsche/Stirner/etc and disregarding spooks like good/evil/etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=chwADnoFDng
youtube.com/watch?v=tfCmCy3AziQ

These are my tunes for when I'm reading the likes of Confucius and honouring my famiry.

i don't listen to music whilst reading, only white noise if there are distractions around me.