ITT We express our support for a /pseudosci/ board so that psychology can be discussed elsewhere

ITT We express our support for a /pseudosci/ board so that psychology can be discussed elsewhere.

Psychology isnt a pseudoscience. My shrink knew I wanted to fuck my mom just by looking at me. Name a psychic who can do the same ass hole

psychics dont claim what they're doing is science, they're willing to admit that its "spiritual". Something psychology will never admit.

It's all in your mind.

Everybody wants to fuck your mom, there's nothing impressive about that.

Prove it :^)

I'm gay. I want to fuck his dad.

Bull shit, psychics are always saying their science is the "hard" one, and that it's so great just because it has numbers, but when I ask them to divine my fortune by looking at my palm they all clam up and cant say anything meaningful. Mos tof them just say I'm a dumb fuck how is that useful?

OP, you could have just posted this image instead.
Also
>Carl Jung believed in all sorts of magic and nonsense

>Ph.d
In fucking what?
>inb4 psychology

Here's another great one.

Forensic Science, but she was a writer for Psychology Today for years.
They also don't clarify what her education was on the site either.

Sorry I meant Criminal Justice

What if we just posted psychology threads in /x/?
Would that satisfy everyone?

Psychology is science, psychiatry isn't.

fuck off,
at least psychiatry includes some basicy physiology rather than being completely "MUH FEELS AND METAPHORICAL INTERPRETATIONS"

No, some of the people in /x/ are actually insane and as such hate pschologists.

>insane and as such hate pschologists.
desu if my field allowed me to define anyone who disagreed with me as insane, i'd do it too.
All cool brother

Fuck, I'm sorry, I meant psychoanalysis.

You mistyped "psychoanalysis".

Oh you're the same guy from the other psy thread with the same exact comment. Just stop. You don't know what you're talking about. Answer this: are perception, memory, decision making, and attention based on feelings? ( the answer is no) these are foci of psychology research.

>perception, memory, decision making, and attention based on feelings? ( the answer is no)
The answer is literally yes.
Aside from memory

look at this fucking scrub
memory is not affected by feelings right? thats why emotional events like extreme embarassment and shame do not dominate your memory, compared to your doing the dishes, right?
idiot

idk i never had any :^)
were you that kid in class who always managed to screw up simple tasks?

>I've never been ashamed
donald pls go

throw all the fucking IQ threads and the evolutionary psychology threads in /pseudosci/

Emotion can impact them but they are not studied by asking people to describe their feelings.

What exactly do you think is the difference between psychology and psychiatry?

I think psychology is an interesting field of science. But these you posted... Similarly, bunk such as psychoanalysis, Kolb learning styles, most of Freud, Myers-Briggs, doesn't seem to die out.
That a lot of companies use the Myers-Briggs because they are idiots is one thing, but that the Dutch education system still teaches such things is a shame and a disgrace.

Clinical psychologists and psychiatrists deal with mental health as counselors, therapists, and drug providers in the case of psychiatrists. Sometimes they do research. Experimental psychology is a scientific research field focused on understanding how the brain works in all matters, from neurons to behavior to society. I hope that makes sense.

I'm pretty sure the journo just fucked up with that first sentence and meant psychologist and the book title obviously isn't literal.

Please don't tell me if I'm wrong I don't want to know.

>Please don't tell me if I'm wrong I don't want to know.

Veeky Forums in one sentence.

>Experimental psychology is a scientific research field
Voodoo would be closer to what you're describing

Isn't psychology widely discussed on Veeky Forums?

How so? Not sure where you're getting this idea that studies of brain and behavior are equivalent to superstition.

Why does every psychologist look like this?

>Not sure where you're getting this idea that studies of brain and behavior are equivalent to superstition.
Your average Veeky Forums poster is merely here to have his life choices validated by shit talking other fields and hearing others agree.