ITT excerpts you find ridiculous

>"Why are breakfast foods breakfast foods?" I asked them. "Like, why don't we have curry for breakfast food?"
>"Hazel, eat."
>"But why?" I asked. "I mean, seriously: How did scrambled eggs get stuck in with breakfast exclusivity? You can put bacon on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has an eggs, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich."
>Dad answered with his mouth full. "When you come back, we'll have breakfast for dinner. Deal?"
>"I don't want to have 'breakfast for dinner,'" I answered, crossing knife and fork over my mostly full plate. "I want to have scrambled eggs for dinner without this ridiculous construction that scrambled eggs-inclusive meal is breakfast even when it occurs at dinnertime."
>"You've gotta pick your battles in this world, Hazel," my mom said. "But if this is the issue you want to champion, we stand behind you."
>"Quite a bit behind you," my dad added, and Mom laughed.
>Anyway, I knew it was stupid, but I felt kind of bad for scrambled eggs.

“Wild eyes were another sign. It is something I have seldom seen — the expression of an ecstatic state — though much is foolishly written of them, as if they grew like Jerusalem artichokes along the road. The eyes are black, right enough, whatever their normal color is; they are black because their perception is condensed to a coal, because the touch and taste and perfume of the lover, the outcry of a dirty word, a welcome river, have been reduced in the heat of passion to a black ash, and this unburnt residue of oxidation, this calyx, replaces the pupil so it no longer receives but sends, and every hair is on end, though perhaps only outspread on a pillow, and the nostrils are flared, mouth agape, cheeks sucked so the whole face seems as squeezed as a juiced fruit; I know, for once Lou went into that wildness while we were absorbing one another, trying to kiss, not merely forcefully, not the skull of our skeleton, but the skull and all the bones on which the essential self is hung, kiss so the shape of the soul is stirred too, that's what is called the ultimate French, the furtherest fuck, when a cock makes a concept cry out and climax; I know, for more than once, though not often, I shuddered into that other region, when a mouth drew me through its generosity into the realm of unravel, and every sensation lay extended as a lake, every tie was loosed, and the glue of things dissolved. I knew I wore the wild look then. The greatest gift you can give another human being is to let them warm you till, in passing beyond pleasure, your defenses fall, your ego surrenders, its structure melts, its towers topple, lies, fancies, vanities, blow away in no wind, and you return, not to the clay you came from — the unfired vessel — but to the original moment of inspiration, when you were the unabbreviated breath of God.”

>I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

>first world problems

An Egg isn't considered a breakfast food in other countries. Dumb bitch.

Don't see the problem, this is actually a pretty funny exchange. Quit looking for things to hate.

t. John Green

>“Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.”

Is the whole book like this? Cause' it's a bit too much for me.

western hegemonic scum
white tentacles attempting to wipe my history off the map
eggs only for breakfast?
do YOU THINK YOU ARE THE FIRST TO DISCOVER THIS, WHITE FEMALE?
you think you fight for us, come here, we will crush your head in and force feed it back into your holes
worthless ignorant white pigs
go save someone else
SCUM

haha

Sounds like a Seinfeld routine.

>What's the deal with breakfast food?

> tfw you've had curry for breakfast and scrambled eggs for dinner unironically
I also can't see that scrambled eggs = breakfast is a common idea to many more people than just John Green. Plenty of people have them at other times

is he trying really hard (and failing) to be relateable, or is the main character just autistic?

No, you niggers doesn't understand how deep and relevant the impact of John Green's writing. You need to have cancer first to understand it thoroughly. Fucking faggots...

Just has cancer, apparently.

>You need to have cancer first
Good job John Green's writing gives everyone cancer then.

i love this pasta, makes you realise how many newfags there really are

unless everyone in this thread is actually trolling

>I'm going on a tangent oblivious to my already dwindling faculties

What a hack.

“I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.”

- J. Green

>someone whose writing i don't like gets famous while i don't and i'm fucking mad about it
just go practice your shitty writing instead of whining in a kirzigisatny wood carving forum.

I feel bad reading his letters to Nora because you can tell he didn't expect anyone else to see them. While it can get lewd at times, there are some genuinely beautiful parts in them.

wow, really makes you think

Just think, if you become a famous author in the future your grandchildren may sell your personal letters for a bit more money.

Is green the brian michael bendis of Veeky Forums ?

I had eggs for dinner last night.

>gas

Yeah ive often asked this
Seems like an american thing

Haven't been on this board since it's beginning and I am so pleased to see this still being posted.

Makes perfect sense really. It's just a teenage girl being a snowflake

I don't think that's Green, user...

Someone in a previous thread adapted this passage into a Seinfeld segment. Somebody should look it up and post it.

>lame or nerd
>Contemporary insults of the past 20 years.

Pick death.

I read that in his voice even though it was some teenage girl saying it.

Well then he hooked up with some slut from the same game
Black snow! Black snow!
Cocksuckstress, and I should know
Mean and vicious, her microphone always smelled suspicious
His and herpes bath towel type
If you know what I mean
I could not look at him, worm
He'd be takin a shower and who should walk in
He was the epitome of their type
Her middle name was Welcome, his was Wipe
Scum! Scum!

I ate scrambled eggs for dinner. Delicious.

Bendis?

ha
haha
hahahahahahahaha

yes.
I've never seen that connection before now.

Pretty sure that's by Cormac McCarthy tho