Are the big macros gonna go under when all the boomers die? Surely they are already hurting

Are the big macros gonna go under when all the boomers die? Surely they are already hurting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JohgwbpQuy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No because cheep beer will always have buyers

Most people still don't enjoy paying $10 for a bottle of bacon sriracha hop juice "craft" beer.

I know a lot of millennials who don't buy into the hipster/reddit/SJW/corporations are evil/everything is racist mentality that you apparently have.

Your flyover is showing hard.

Your numale is showing hard.

You're both faggots. It's just beer.

Everyone you and I know are personally into craft beers but that's because we tend to sort ourselves as we age and slowly but surely stop hanging out with people we don't have things in common with. For every person with taste in beer there's still like 9 that drink whatever and while the ratio may move to about 2 to 3 macrobrews will always have a place.

high school and college kids will always buy cheap beer

This. While every liquor store now stocks at least a few different craft beers, most of the space is usually dedicated to cases of macro brews because that's what most people buy.

most of the world is happy to drink normal beer. they haven't yet figured out that you can express how unique you are by turning beer into a luxury good.

I don't understand how Budweiser is the best selling beer when it's worse than a lot of the other cheap ones

corona is fucking great especially with salty snacks. idk how no one has defended it yet?

that's a big corona bottle

That's fucking bullshit! I had Tsingtao at 7%

Most people I know that are around my age drink macro shit. It's actually my gfs parents, their friends, my uncles and whatnot that buy the craft stuff. Boomers are a huge consumer of good beer. Every brewery I go to the average age is probably upper thirties to mid 40s, if not older half the time.

It's skunky piss. Give me a modelo instead.

Corona is only great fresh. Those retards keep the clear bottles due to the marketing, but fail to realize how many people drank the beer after it got too much sun exposure and as a result it tasted like shit.

If you stick with Corona in a can, you're good. In fact, it's the only beer where I prefer the can.

People here - Ireland - tend to stick with the pints of Carlsberg or Guinness or cans of Harp.

I personally prefer World beers, they're cheap, stronger and larger volume. I've introduced a few people to Tsingtao but I've since been more in to Tyskie, a Polish beer. Three 650ml bottles for 5 quid in the supermarket and at 5.5% it's a good drink for me.

No because those beers will still be sold at every concert venue. Also you don't pay for the higher end shit when throwing a party.

BTW Banquet Coors is actually a decent beer. I dunno I'' guessing Budweiser itself wouldn't be too terrible either if they got rid of all the crappy adjuncts.

LMAO people who drink only craft beer are pretentious hipsters and 'beer connoisseurs'(AKA fedoras).

I do enjoy some artisanal beer from time to time but when I go out and meet with friends cheap beer is the chose, mostly because of the price and availability. Beer was allways the beverage of the middle class all those exclusive craft artisan expensive stuff is a pretty recent phenomenon.

>pretentious hipsters and 'beer connoisseurs'(AKA fedoras).

What the hell are you talking about. One of the trendy things now are beer gardens like Yardhouse where for a few bucks extra you can try all sorts of different and interesting beers.

Beer isn't like wine where you sit around and meditate on it discussing what hits your pallet. You order a Grapefruit and it tastes like Grapefruit, you order a Hefeweizen and you get a creamy wheat beer. And you order an IPA to get a big dosage of fucking hops.

There's nothing really pretentious about the American craft brewery scene. For crying out loud this is industry that made "Pumpkin Beer" popular. You want Fedoras go into Mixology.

youre such a fucking faggot.
>anyone that likes a macrobrew is flyover!

i hate all of you.

As someone who's not big on alcohol and only drinks to get drunk when I'm with friends, my favourite is Corona. It just goes down so easily compared to some other beers/lagers.

>Amerimutts

Anyone who doesn't buy into the corporations are evil thing are, themselves, evil.

fuk off op
just cos you and your buddies are too contrary to buy a bottle of budweiser doesn't mean guys are gonna stop buys crates of cheap booze to get shit faced on.

Pls leave

Do people actually get drunk off beer? By the time I drink enough beer to make me drunk my stomach is bloated and nauseous off of the carbonation. It's much cheaper to get drunk off of spirits, why do cheap beers still exist?

ITT : Assblasted nu-male coastie cucks

because not everyone is a little bitch like you

The companies won't as they will just keep buying better beer than they currently make and market the shit out of it

but a lot of the brands will probably die, there are so many terrible macros that are all almost exactly the same as each other, there just won't be space for them when their market dies off. Its already happening to an extent, when was the last time you saw a MGD or Coors Banquet? Unless you can market your beer to underaged college kids (PBR and High Life), or discerning women (Bud Light) it probably won't maintain national distribution for long

The coasties are the ones propping up macro beers, don't put that evil on us flyovers

Honestly, you'll see the same thing that happened in the film/music industry: The bigger names will still exist, but "indie" and "craft" and "microbrew" will become buzzwords and branding for the same old shit. You'll see (and already do see) things that are marketed to you as being craft beer from a microbrewery and it will be nothing more than marketing.

still everyone wins as the macros are forced to make superior styles of beer

Are you 12?

Well, that's not really how it works, is it?

It is how it works, its already happening, a much larger percent of the macro brewer portfolio is ok beer than it was even 5 years ago. Sure its mostly not as good as the vast majority of craft brewers, but the competition has caused some very noteworthy positive changes amongst the brands the macros are selling. Its the beauty of capitalism, for years over regulation and anti-competitive laws resulted in a dwindling number of breweries which resulted in cheap beer, now we are overcoming the politicians and bringing competition back to the market

How old were you 5 years ago? just curious

It's alarmingly drinkable, most cheaper ones taste like shit, whereas Bud is pretty weak but still inoffensive.

Have you just completely ignored the whole trend of Macros buying up smaller better brands and then selling them widely

No OP, because there is always the bottom of the barrel of society who just thinks "yeah brah gonna get so smashed on all this cheap beer damn im cool" who will happily buy cheap beer. Taste doesn't matter to these people, they're 20+ and still get drunk to look cool in front of friends, then go home and wonder why they are fastfood workers.

Example:

grab a beer and chill the fuck out faggot

luckily good beer gets you drunk too, usually even more easily

big beer has been purchasing smaller "craft" breweries over the last decade. they'll be fine as they continue to diversify

ballast point
lagunitas
10 barrel
goose island
etc

youtube.com/watch?v=JohgwbpQuy8