Why are so many venerated books, such as literary fiction or western canon books...

Why are so many venerated books, such as literary fiction or western canon books, so fucking relentlessly boring and long winded? It's maddening. They are put on a pedestal by the academia-media-publishing industrial complex for money / worship reasons.

Why is so much philosophy so fucking trivial? Why should I agree with Socrates that the unexamined life isn't worth living? All of the Greeks are just tools people use to appeal to authority or a prism through which people pass their own views for pseudo-intellectual cred ("Obama is no philosopher-king, as Plato talked about, therefore...").

It all seems like pretentious appealing to authority desu.

>muh pretentiousness
>muh acdemia-media-publishing industrial complex
>muh pseudo-intellectualism

Stop trying to justify being a pleb. It's about expanding your viewpoint and gaining some perspective.

Also, how is philosophy trivial when it's literally bout trying to understand life?

what a philistine

shame on you

>no examples given

Are we talking about philosophy? If so, are you expecting action in a discourse about the nature of...nature?

Are we talking about the Illiad, Odyssey, Plutarch's Lives, Thucydides, the Bible? They are action packed.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

>WAKE UP SHEEPLE, I'M A RETARD AND YOU SHOULD BE ONE TOO

no thanks

I heard they translated the bible and Shakespeare into emojis, maybe you would like that better

Like 95% of classic literature is riveting as fuck provided you have the intellect to appreciate it.

>expanding your viewpoint
>listening to old white faggots

Stop trying to justify your student loans

You're NEET, right?

huevos pendeja

Philosophers and thinkrers are the original NEET's you dumbass. They are born rich and nothing is ever expected of them besides writing thousands of pages of repetitive jargon supposedly about identifying with a life they are out of touch with.

What's worse is this boards affinity for absurdism when Camus grew up in a war-torn French culture - you faggots invented and perpetrate the NEET culture.

I think college is as much bullshit as the next guy. But being educated is important, and how does one educate themselves outside of college? By reading fucking books, maybe?

Philosophy is education, but all education is not philosophy. It's a useless hobby for pseudo-intellectuals.

Then who are the real intellectuals, in your book?

Terrible, imprecise logic. You're worse than tripfags.

>real intellectuals
just a different kind of elitism because hurr durr I read letters then listen to other people's interpretation. It's a piece of white tradition so it has to be good!

Yes, because the real world runs entirely on logic. Have you even graduated yet?

I was simply stating that there is more to self education than reading a bunch of Greek wannabe faggots, and "intellectuals" who can't talk about anything but their own depression. Hitting close to home yet?

>expanding your viewpoint and gaining some perspective.
>by reading the same books that everyone already agrees are worthy

lmao

There is. But for you, not so much. Your own stupidity has clearly handicapped you from properly self educating yourself, as much as you struggle. Poor you.

This is the sanctuary of the "intellectual." I thought you were supposed to be better than me user? What's wrong, never read a book on manners?

It was a fairly simple yes or no question

>Veeky Forums
>a sanctuary

Get a load of this shitposting pleb

nope, more like ~20%

>listening to nonwhites
>ever

who's this man milk Mephistopheles

>The guts/frog poster is a retard supremacist

Well color me surprised.

>low intellect detected

Let me guess, video games are the highest form of art?

ITT: Buttmad nonwhite tries to argue the intellectual superiority of intellectual inferiority

Idiot.

>conformist detected

art =/= intellignece