Why are books always about people and their relationships (man v man, man v society, etc)...

why are books always about people and their relationships (man v man, man v society, etc)? are there any good books about objects?

Other urls found in this thread:

poesie.webnet.fr/lesgrandsclassiques/poemes/charles_marie_leconte_de_lisle/les_elephants.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BefliMlEzZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Aleph - Borges

We can only regard "objects" in respect to their relationships to other objects. It's impossible to simply write a book about an object without writing about its relationships with other objects.

Robbe-Grillet

Many books have been written on the subjects of physics and engineering.

because DIALECTICS

can an Aleph be considered as an object?

It's technically a point in space, but given its attributes one could argue that it is an object

>It's impossible to simply write a book about an object

>his imagination is so impoverished that is unable to conceive an object that is in a relationship with itself.
pls.

what would be an example?
that would still be a relationship, wouldn't it?

Any book that isn't about me is exclusively about objects.

You said, explicitly, that "It's impossible to simply write a book about an object without writing about its relationships with other objects."

Do you realize what "other objects" mean? It means any other object in addition to the one you are considering. But when you consider the object itself, in a relationship with itself, it's not a distinct, non-identical object: it is the same object.

That would indeed be a relationship but that's not what you were arguing for (unless you're officially changing your mind now).

Read Perec

what book?

This

well there have been many books written on psychology and sociology too, and yet we keep writing fiction about human relationships.

jfc i hate you people

why

mainly because of the masturbatory sophistry you're participating in.

What about that book that takes place in a two dimensional plane?

Yes, read Francis Ponge's Le parti pris des choses.

obligatory

>are there any
yes
>good
no

Perec (Les choses), Blake Butler (anything)... many attempt this, but without the animal layer it's always uninteresting to you, human.

I dont think the story is about the Aleph though. It seems to be about man and the limits of his mind. Borges starts to forget Beatriz Viterbo and he cant process the infinity of the Aleph either

Perec's book is about people, actually.

Superficially it's still only about things, and also boring

Good answer.

Great minds talk about ideas;
average minds talk about events;
mediocre minds talk about people;
objects talk about objects.

Why is it boring to you? Please, bore me.

>average minds
>mediocre minds
I see...

because everything anyone ever experiences involves a relationship between them and something else

so what? why can't a book be written that doesn't involve people or their relationships whatsoever? or be about objects and their relationships with people?

It's 4/3 of a famous quote

the 3rd should be small minds. average and mediocre mean effectively the same thing

poesie.webnet.fr/lesgrandsclassiques/poemes/charles_marie_leconte_de_lisle/les_elephants.html

Parnassism is what you're looking for

Isn't Flatland a commentary on social hierarchy?

You are correct; that is indeed how the original was stated. Mea culpa for my mistake

yea the one about your moms pussy

Oh, I remember some passages from "Alaska" that consisted of only objects, iirc

Lord of the rings

>Little, itty bitty minds talk about ideas;
>babby minds talk about events;
>mediocre minds talk about people;
>great minds post pictures of frigs

The Suitcase, by Sergei Dovlatov, is a collection of short stories about several items in a suitcase belonging to someone fleeing the Soviet Union. But what gives the oblects (and the stories) their power is the context of the people and the history they represent.

>Borges
His writing was totally in the realm of ideas, abstractions, and timeless truths and not really about mirrors and labyrinths and knives.

youtube.com/watch?v=BefliMlEzZ8

:3

because of how capital works in latecapitalism it has become the subject and of course this makes us all its necessary (to exist) object.

Most books, especially realism, are about characters who are literally objects.