How can I force myself to like tomatoes? Everytime I try to eat anything that contains tomatoes...

How can I force myself to like tomatoes? Everytime I try to eat anything that contains tomatoes, they taste like shit and I want to barf. Is there a way I can make myself hate tomatoes less, or even tolerate them?

yeah, graduate high school.

Add sugar

I'm gonna try that later, sounds decent.

why are u retarded?

Salt instead.

dunno

They're awful

You don't. Tomatoes taste like arse mucus

Everything I want to eat would probably contain tomatoes and that makes me sad. That's why I really want to like tomatoes.

stop buying store bought ones and grow them yourself

you can "force" yourself to like tomatoes by not being a massive faggot

I always heard growing up that tomatoes can taste wildly different for different people and I have a feeling I just got the shit end of the stick. I love fruits and vegetables and could eat them all day, but raw tomatoes just seem awful to me no matter what I do.

K E T C H U P
E
T
C
H
U
P

It's quite difficult to grow plants where I live, because of the very hot climate. The only thing that I can grow is date trees, so that's kinda out of the question.
Ketchup tastes decent, but still shit.

>How can I force myself to like tomatoes? Everytime I try to eat anything that contains tomatoes, they taste like shit and I want to barf. Is there a way I can make myself hate tomatoes less, or even tolerate them?
Hrm. My brother grew up not liking tomatoes, adored V8 and clamatos, but pale anemic burger joint tomatoes were shit in my chidhood of the 80s.

Do you like tomato sauce? Just try ordering them in more of a fresher state, like sliced tomato on top of pizza, or a fresh sauce on pasta. Try having them just barely cooked and thrown nearly whole (think cherry tomatoes) into couscous, rice and other casseroles, where they get softened, but nearly intact.

Delicious tomatoes are the common supermarket brands of Tasti-Lee and Campari. Hit them with some olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh basil, lots of black pepper and fresh mozzarella. Serve on garlic bread as a kind of cheese heavy bruschetta. Make a BLT with a bit more than bacon than T, and grow to love them.

Tomato sauce is one of the few things I love that contain tomatoes. It tastes good with pasta, casserole, but I never tried it with rice. Sliced or raw tomato is the thing I mostly avoid, because of the weird acidic taste it leaves in my mouth.
Tomatoes here are pretty shitty, probably why I grew up avoiding tomatoes. Maybe imported tomatoes taste much better but I don't know. Thanks for the advice.

I know that feel OP I feel the same with muslims

Okay then, try canned "whole tomatoes" next time and see if you can get used to consuming the chunks a bit. They're like intense mouthfuls of tomato sauce.

eat them and they will come

Bruschetta.

I went from hating tomatoes to liking them on sandwiches and such (as long as they're thinly sliced)

Start small. Cut a tomato in half and grill it along side some chicken and make a sammich out of it. Then start using them raw on burgers and sammiches. I always hated tomatoes with a fiery passion. 6 months ago I hated tomato sauce, now I have beef steak tomato plants growing in black dirt and I eat them raw with salt and crushed red pepper. Any "love or hate " for can be acquired annon. The trick is to start small. My fiancé wouldn't even eat any form of seafood when we met, now she harasses me to go out for sushi and sashimi.

cook them down and use them in pastas

choose good tomatoes because rendering anything down concentrates the flavor and if you're concentrating the flavor of shit you're going to get concentrated shit

Literally grow up. Younger people are more texture-focused whereas adults prioritize taste. You're bothered by the sliminess of tomatoes now but with time you'll see past it.

You need to stop being the "I like hotdogs" kid in your adult life. Eat broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and learn how tomato makes your life complete.

I had the same problem after getting sick in the cafeteria in grade school while all I could smell was tomatoes, took me years to enjoy spaghetti again.
Shish-kebab cherry tomatoes made me love them again.

I was a picky eater as a kid, and tomates were not on my approved list.

Then I left home and ended hungry, like days without food. Tomatoes became available, and I had fresh tomato slices with sugar sprinkled on them.

Tasted like heaven.

Try that.

Kill yourself and wait for reincarnation

I do not understand people who don't like tomatoes, especially once the goopy seed stuff is removed, what is there not to like it's like a base flavor in its own right

You probably hate tomatoes because as a kid, you got a burger from mcdonalds that contained a wilty mildewy tomato, and even if you don't remember that specific meal, your brain formed an automatic response. That's whathappened with meand pickles. I used to hate them until I tried a cold, crisp, fresh good pickle and it blew my mind how good it was.

This.

Grow up, OP

sounds terrible. try salt

Eat a shitload of them. Or just accept that you don't care for them idiot.

>It's quite difficult to grow plants where I live, because of the very hot climate. The only thing that I can grow is date trees, so that's kinda out of the question.
There are breeds of tomatoes that grow in hot climates.
In fact different tomatoes have vastly different flavors. Sweetness, bitterness, acidity, and strength of flavor vary greatly between kinds of tomatoes.

Figure out what you don't like about tomatoes and get some that minimize that.

get yourself a cracker
spread some avocado on it
add a dash of tabasco
top with thinly, THINLY sliced tomato
season with cracked salt and pepper
make sure the salt is on the tomato so the tomato can absorb the flavor

best snack

Bruschetta is a decent place to start

Have you made stuff from home using tomatoes? A lot of places use out of season ones, and trust me, an in-season tomato is a hell of a lot better.

I spent 22 years hating tomatoes, only to finally take the plunge 2 years ago and now I have them weekly.

i am the same.

For me its the slime part inside. like with egg membrane.

I just cook the shit out of them and remind myself the taste is not the slime i am tasting.

Why not just scoop that out and just use the meat? That's what a lot of restaurants and stuff do.

i can but raw tomatoes still get my gag reflex going.

Its just one of those things where the taste instantly reminds you of the texture. like how some people throw up at the smell of throw up. sense recognition.

I never understood you faggots who don't like tomatoes. My wife's son doesn't like them and I'm just like what the hell? You eat tomato sauce and ketchup so why not tomatoes you little nigger.

The cheapest tomatoes taste like flabby watermelon rind, can't really blame you. Pick meaty and ripe ones, try in tomato sandwich, are they as awful as usually are? I personally think tomatoes is the best source of sour taste for soups and stews available.