Will a large enough sample of pitchblende be able to enrich the U-238 enough to be warm enough to melt gallium?

Will a large enough sample of pitchblende be able to enrich the U-238 enough to be warm enough to melt gallium?
Also, will it emit gamma rays?
I was wanting to try make a kinetic sculpture where gallium would flow in a physical simulation of plate tectonics, although I note that gallium is lighter when solid which may cause weirdness.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

>Daily reminder that Veeky Forums's first boards were /a/-Anime General, /b/-Anime Random and /c/-Anime Cute

Oh wait, I forgot. You are like 12 and just started coming to Veeky Forums last week. Yeah, you wouldn't know shit about fuck right?

Veeky Forums boards may now involve a bunch of other subjects but the sticky cum that holds us all together, regardless of board, is anime. This is a website for people who like anime to come and discuss things that are not anime, with other people who like anime.

If you don't like anime you don't belong here. There is always reddit for the Veeky Forums-lite experience.

Are you sure you're not just a mad paedophile desperately rationalising his mental illness?

Nah, I'm just someone who likes science and anime.

But seriously, shut the fuck up.

Stop spamming the board with drivel people won't listen to.

Daily reminder that 50 other boards are added since 2005 and this one is NOT dedicated to spam your infantile cartoons.

luka a cute

What does this post have to do with science, degenerate pedophile?

OP here, calm down and look at little piggy.

cute piggy :3

What do these posts have to do with science?

Nothing whatsoever, just waiting for someone who knows enough about nuclear physics to come along.

Not an expert, but no not in a feasible way. Inmost countries it is illegal to make a homemade reactor and even acquiring radioactive materials can land you on government watch lists. Uranium ore in any form will emit some Gamma rays at all times and a critical mass will produce quite a lot of ionizing radiation. If you want to make a sculpture I think a cheap electric heater would be the fastest and safest method to do so. Hope that helps.

What the fucking fuck did you just say? You have no fucking idea what you are doing. You posted awoo so I'll fucking reply.

U-238 is pretty much inert, it ain't gonna heat up or emit gamma rays. Sure you can make a nuclear reactor using uranium that has not been enriched(the so called natural uranium), but it has to be HUGE like Chicago Pile huge. And fuck no it cannot be pitchblende. Yes it will be radioactive and the NRC will not be happy if you do this.

Just use an electric heater. Oh and gallium will eventually form an oxide crust which will fuck things up. Gallium is also fucking expensive. So take a fucking look at wax plate tectonic models

>What the fucking fuck did you just say? You have no fucking idea what you are doing. You posted awoo so I'll fucking reply.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

Won't natural uranium enrich itself though if it's large enough to not waste many neutrons?

What the fuck do you mean 'enrich itself'? No natural uranium does not 'enrich itself.' That is known as breeding fuel. When you breed fuel using natural uranium, if you don't have a weird goddamn reactor you gotta process your fuel to remove nuclear poisons and the plutonium you bred. Yes when you breed fuel from natural uranium you make plutonium.

Did I mention that said reactors need to be fucking big? Pic fucking related, it's a shitty pic of the Hanford B reactor which did exactly that. It's pretty goddamn big.

What about that supposed natural nuclear reactor though which was found underground?

The Oklo reactors? Those happened when U-235 existed in much higher concentrations.

Ah, that clears up a lot.
So, is none of the stuff in the Pu-239 decay chain a neutron emitter?

No, you just end up with nuclear poisons that absorb neutrons and stop the reactions.