Wtf is moonshine? I thought it just meant illegally produced/ distributed liquor...

wtf is moonshine? I thought it just meant illegally produced/ distributed liquor. Is pic related just some hipster marketing gimmick?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grappa
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp56sT66D1U&t=34m20s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

yes.i once lost a friend because his girlfriend "insisted they went to the bar and got moonshine and her brother works at one and midnight moon is REAL moonshine and I didn't know what I was talking about". I called her a dumb bitch and now we don't talk.

But that shits just corn whiskey in an akward as fuck bottle. John Taffer got in touch with them and now the bottles have a pour spout on the top.

It's just whiskey they never bothered to age.

I was at some massive whiskey tasting this spring and was talking to one of the local distillers. They had a white whiskey that was actually pretty good. However to be classified as whiskey it needs to come in contact with a barrel. He told me as they distill it they run it across a wooden plank to fulfill the requirement.

It's actually kinda like grappa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grappa

its vodka. same exact shit.

This. The fruit flavored ones are vodka, only the clear stuff is whiskey. And it's harsh as shit unaged whiskey.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between unaged whiskey and vodka? Afaik if you use potatoes or fruit, you don't call it whiskey, but either can be made from the same grains, right?

Wow. Once I hit send my post will be the only one presently in this thread that isn't completely retarded.

I know school's out for the weekend but jesus christ.

It's likker made from corn mash. Then some people like to add in some fruity stuffs fer flavorin or color if theys so inclined. Moonshine whiskey itself is a whiskey and the name moonshine comes from the ol tradition of havin to cook and transport by the light o the moon. This way them probies weren't able to find ya none. In fact, the modern day Nascar is only round today cause in after the prohibition ended them boys with the souped up likker runnin fast cars needed somethin to do with em, so in they started a racin em and well...that's just history. T'aint nobody makin real moonshine no more though. Not in the classic way anyhow, maybe some small home garage still but nothin like what I'm used to make. Anyhow keep your butts clean and I'll see y'all in heaven. Sharin some mountain dew with the good lord right now.

Popcorn says, fuck you.

What would he say to this?

He'd probably spit on it. But would cash the checks and retire cause money's money.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp56sT66D1U&t=34m20s

My friend makes moonshine. One tasted like something you'd run a car on and burned like fuck and the other was very mild, no kick at all. Drank it for like fours hours and felt nothing until I tried to stand up. That's when I knew I fucked up bad.

>Is pic related just some hipster marketing gimmick?

Yes.

HAH.

>Drank it for like fours hours and felt nothing until I tried to stand up. That's when I knew I fucked up bad.

I had that experience once, years ago, when drinking some sort of lemon spirit or something. Tried to stand up, buckled over backwards like a gymnast, tried to right myself and fell flat on my face.

Yes.

bumpin'

Yes, you can tell for the """modern""" design on the tag