HAHAHA YOU DON'T DRINK SOCIALLY? FUCKIN' LOSER AMIRITE EVERYONE! IS IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE BABY!?!?!...

>HAHAHA YOU DON'T DRINK SOCIALLY? FUCKIN' LOSER AMIRITE EVERYONE! IS IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE BABY!?!?!? HAHAHHAH
No it's because my family is full of alcoholics and I don't want to end up like them.
>O-oh... *tips fedora and smokes vape in the corner along with his shitty cinnamon whiskey*

Other urls found in this thread:

medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26119
learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/addiction/genes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ok, cool thread OP.
Here's a pic of some 'go'za.

Im the guy who ended up like my family and lost everything and ended up in detox, relapsed worse than ever, and now is in aa

so no, I don't drink socially.

>he thinks discipline is genetic

Oh hey I just saw your thread on another board as well. Maybe you should find a better hobby than this.

>he thinks susceptibility to addiction isn't genetic

medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26119

Discipline is not putting yourself in shitty situations for no reason your blundering sack of rat shit.

>hey guys you care if I drink or not right? Well I'm justified in that decision!
"ok"

>No it's because my family is full of alcoholics and I don't want to end up like them.
yeah, cool story bro

>didn't get the response he autistically planned out in his head
>goes and posts the exact same thread on /r9k/
end your life autist

Looks delish

I drink. I smoke sometimes and vape more frequently.

I don't really care that much if op drinks or not. But if he doesn't to avoid fucking his life up becasue there are hereditary social, cultural and genetic reasons he might turn into a worthless alcoholic, then I actually support him in his choices.

Sorry he triggered you so hard though. Maybe if you actually controlled your addictions rather than let them control you...

>my family defines me and i have no self control

lol

Alcohol:
>very calorie dense itself
>could be tasty or could taste like piss
>being dizzy and mildly giggly for a while is alright I guess
>headache ranging from light to pounding
>being drunk makes me eat like a fucking maniac, destroys my cut every time and puts me back like a week in terms of weight loss progress
>act like a dick while drunk
>comedown makes me nauseous and anxious as fuck
>trying to sleep while drunk/coming down is nearly impossible from the spinnies
>next morning is full of pain and burning vomit and dehydration

I mean just a couple beers is alright but I don't see the point given how autistic I am about calories

Weed:
>0 calories
>taste isn't a factor unless on the rare occasion I'm having a delicious edible
>being high is a lovely experience overall, makes my cardiovascular system and head feel amazing, doesn't feel like I'm about to die like on alcohol
>love everyone and everything while high
>don't eat nearly as much because I drink so much water trying to get rid of dry mouth
>comedown is pleasant
>no spinnies
>sleeping while high is top comfy

Fuck your shitty memedrinks, fuck your "DUDE WEED LMAO," alcohol is for top plens and cucks

Nice, bro. I bet you crushed some serious pussy that night. I'm jelly.

>its another "fat cu/ck/s try to defend their alcoholism" episode

OP is still an autistic faggot though

>i can't limit myself because 'muh genetics'
I wonder where I've heard that line before...

i love pizza with the stretchiest cheese in the world because stretchy cheese tastes so good due to the casein in it

>doesnt mention how weed has no hangover

thats the best part of the comparison dude
#what are u doing dude

It's maybe not however it is proven that there is a higher chance to become an alcoholic if your parents are. It happened to my parents and to me even though in my teenage years I despised alcohol and only smoked weed, then after high school I started drinking a lot and fell in love with it, now there is no way I couldn't call myself an alcoholic.

>doesn't drink
>still smugly passes judgement on others' beverage choices

You seem fun and smart and cool.

My family is full of alcoholics, but I love drinking. I try to keep it under control, and the closest I've come to being an alcoholic was drinking in college. Now I usually keep it to 1-2 beers a day, or a glass of wine. Although I am a viticulture major, so I'll have to drink wine for the rest of my life.

I still get drunk every once in a while, but usually that's at super social events and it's not very often.

That being said, I understand not drinking, and I've seen it destroy plenty of relationships my family members have.

>1-2 beers a day
>not alcoholic

Oblivious straight edge fedora tipper making fun of other non straight edge fedora tippers.

Not every day man. There are ebbs and flows. The catch is managing the flows, because you let it happen once (say a week straight with 6 beers cause it's a "bad week"), then you'll most likely let it happen again.

Besides these aren't Busch light beers, I've been on an international beer kick for my Beverages course HBM 350. Pairing beers with food.

>he is a worthless non-human cuckold unable to exert any self-control

Tfw i get the spinnies while sober really fucking often. Never let yourself get hit in the head.
Around blacks, never relax.

Cause is true you dumb fuck.

>Blogposts in response to a one liner
>but it's the other guy that's triggered
classic projection

Who future liver disease candidates here? I should be a teetotaler, but I opted to just be a 24/7 drunk.

Being a drunk is a hard life and being a productive one requires so much goddamn effort, but someone's got to do it.

>My family is full of alcoholics

So you're saying your family is full of weak people? Being an alcoholic means you can't control your drinking, which means you have no self control. Don't act like it's some disease you inherit. Just stop drinking jesus christ. inb4

>omg it's not that easy

It's actually very easy. Literally self control

Considering his family whose "disease" is literally defined by complete lack of self-control I have very little doubt he has any either.

Who is that brown hat man?

he is the ethos of Veeky Forums

learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/addiction/genes/

Why can't you control how much of a faggot you are? See, it's not so easy.

why do people reply to these threads filled with reddit tier memes

>literally the first thing

I drink and smoke as well, and I also think that if OP is predisposed to get addicted to alcohol that avoiding it is possibly a wise choice. I also don't care though, and was wondering why he needs to justify his avoidance of alcohol to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet.

omg sick burn! totally got him! xD

I come from a long line of smokers, alcoholics and drug users.

I really like drinking, so I've become an alcoholic. I have tried to get addicted to cigarettes but it's just not my thing. The same goes for drugs.

So... from where I'm standing, the genetics thing really doesn't make much sense, except that we inherit parts of our parents' personalities and we also observe their lifestyle as we're growing up with them.

>People comparing food to a classified drug known to have addictive properties

Telling someone to stop drinking is like telling someone to stop doing harder drugs all the same. Nearly everyone I know who drinks binges and is hated for it. Its going to be part of the past in a few decades like smoking.

>ingesting decomposed shit
I bet you fags eat cheese too.

>>don't eat nearly as much because I drink so much water trying to get rid of dry mouth

Okay

And? There are hereditary factors at play.

>Its going to be part of the past in a few decades like smoking.
I was mostly with you until this part. You need to get out more, mate.

This literally never happens. The usual response at parties I go to is either a curious "why" or indiference.

My uncle committed suicide because of his alcoholism. I still drink. What's your excuse, fagballs?

>Weed:
>0 calories
>plus 1000 calories in snack intake

>I have tried to get addicted to cigarettes but it's just not my thing. The same goes for drugs.

What the fucks wrong with you?

I try to experience firsthand as much of the human experience as possible.

How many dicks have you tried out so far bro

Just mine, every time I've tried to hook up with a guy we've been incompatible.

Weed
>makes you smell like a cat litter box
>makes you less employable
>contains a stimulant that speeds up your heart rate
>makes you fucking retarded and annoying to sober people
>feel the need to feel superior to other about blazing it instead of actually accomplishing anything
>have to hide the fact that you smoke weed from certain people like your boss, possibly family members and women that arent complete scum

Having 2 drinks after work
>casual
>relaxing
>a reason to invite a woman for drinks
>no hangover
>not being an obnoxious angsty faggot that smells like a bucket of shit
>normal

Same here. I was a goody-two-shoes in high school and drank for the first time in college. It would then get smashed several nights a week, and the only reason I didn't do it every night was because I lived with my parents and they don't drink (weirdly enough, not alcoholics--they just don't drink). Then I went away to law school and was soon drinking most nights of the week, only skipping the once or twice a week when I really had to study or be up early or whatever. Then it was every goddamned night after I discovered law school wasn't nearly as difficult as everyone says, and you're virtually guaranteed to pass every class and graduate (it's really a joke, just like the bar exam in every state except CA). So I went from a six pack of High Life most nights to almost an entire bottle of vodka every single night.

Now, there is no definition of alcoholic that I don't meet.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Also, if you can't avoid or manage a hangover, you're a fucking child. Weed makes you smell like literal shit.

Read the post again :^)

>contains a stimulant that speeds up your heart rate
It also expands your blood vessels. Its like shifting up a gear in a car.
>the rest of your post

Who hurt you? I'm serious. Did a stoner fuck your prom date? Do you want me to beat him up for you?

If you ever need someone I'm here for you, you don't have to hurt anymore.

That's why I mainly vaporize wax. Its nearly odor free. I also bathe regularly unlike most obese Veeky Forums denizens.

>dude

Everyone who smokes weed knows it's not as amazing as people make it out to be but come on, sure you will lose short term memory, be irritable and tired but it's nowhere near as bad as coming off alcohol and other drugs, at least weed makes you sleep like a baby and doesn't make you suffer withdrawals.

I'm 21 and only drank at my brother's wedding. Drank 80% of a tequila bottle, 3 bud light platinums, 1 IPA, and some vodka. I behave pretty much the same, but more giggly when drunk. I didn't hang over that bad either.

>wish I could drink socially but know I'll just end up drinking too much and doing something stupid

>he willfully poisons himself with a liquid that is only capable of destroying the cells of multiple vital organs and causing nausea, vomiting, increased hostility, pounding headaches, and death because his social skills are too poor to function in party settings without it
>this behavior is rationalized as "socially acceptable"

The mental gymnastics of alckies simply boggles the mind.

You're an idiot. 1-2 beers a day is literally the medical community's definition of moderate, healthy drinking. It is the exact opposite of alcoholism.

I'm actually not opposed to social drinking, but I just can't these days.

I do love my drink, but my belly begs to differ. I recently lost 50 pounds, and I really don't need to be filling up on empty calories.

Even the legendary Scooby admits if he has sweets in the house he can't help devouring it so his key was to never have it in the house in the first place. For him the discipline happens in the store every other week or so rather than every time he's in his kitchen

so drink vodka or something

This. Vodka is diet booze

There are 7 calories in every gram of alcohol. Its nearly as calorie dense as fat. There's no getting around the alcky belly.

literally who
Scooby Doo? The cartoon dog?

JUST

except for a shot of vodka is 67 calories and has the equivalent alcohol content of a 120 calorie glass of wine or a 200 calorie beer. You can drink three vodka and diet soda drinks for the same cals as a single beer

The two substances serve two completely different purposes, you people need to stop comparing marijuana with alcohol.

Alcoholics have their reasons for not smoking weed and stoners that cant handle drinking(hangovers) have their reasons for not drinking. I personally can't smoke weed without craving booze so it doesn't work as a replacement drug.

He is limiting himself, and demonstrating self control by NOT partaking in an activity which has added risks for him.

How is this the same as your pic related at all? Or does it just seem that way to your booze addled little brain?

If I was that fat spastic fedora nerd you are describing I would have followed up with
>Oh, so you don't have any willpower?

If I was that fat, spastic fedora nerd, i'd be leaving straw all over the place.

Whenever I've smoked dudeweedlmao in the past I've ALWAYS thrown up, and woken up with aching joints feeling like shit. I gave you faggots the benefit of the doubt and tried it, and it's a literal meme that smells and makes you feel like shit.

>He doesn't know scoobs
Lurk Veeky Forums senpai

At this moment I am social, not because of being altered by alcohol, but because I am not compensating for the lack of something.

Never been a fan of alcohol. I always get mad stuffy and runny nose and swollen lymph nodes under my ears, usually lasts a few days.

I gave up on my sugar battle. I try to avoid the sweets until the urge gets too strong then hopefully I don't binge too much. I live as "healthy" as possible, I don't have addictions, no urge to chase girls, I'm not greedy or materialistic but fuck, sugar is the devil.