Why should I care about people's books and pretend to care about their aspects of the human condition when no one cares...

Why should I care about people's books and pretend to care about their aspects of the human condition when no one cares about the fact that I can't get girls because I'm a non Chad and they think I'm a bad person just for bringing this up?

Seems hypocritical to me.

Seem like they want all the attention and money for themselves.

desu the only reason to read fiction is if u want to make fiction yourself, and the only reason to want to make fiction for yourself is because u want people to like u and think ur cool

Everybody wants attention and money for themselves.

Not wanting those things does not make you superior (though you obviously want them).

There is no universal "should."

The only reason you have the problems you described is because you're weak and can't operate without trying to infer what you should or should not do by observing a society of selfish people. This is quite absurd.

You're doomed to be a follower and live the sad life of an ever-following man, stupid frogposter.

You read books so that you can look down on non-Veeky Forums plebs and tell yourself you live a more enlightened life than them.

This seems like the only worthwhile reason. I'm not even joking.

not really. seems like a waste of time to me.

you can tell yourself you're superior, but if superiority is your end goal the only way true way to superiority is money and bitches.

if you're 'smart' but poor and a virgin, you aren't shit.

Think you missed the part about the academia-media-publishing industrial complex, friendo.

Also, you're shifting the blame on society (which may partly be correct) while completely exculpating yourself (which is always wrong and cowardly).

Cheers mate.

>academia-media-publishing industrial complex
please explain, compadre

I want r9k to leave.

It's a bait-y way a few shitposters use to vilify the "cultural world", often saying it's an organized mechanism of propaganda - an almost ontological conspiracy involving every professor-journalist/critic-publishing house on the planet and throughout history, which also completely expunges the author of the book from the whole process.

I mean, it'd be funnier if there weren't people unironically convinced of it.

Me too. The language they use is a cancer gnawing at the edges of our collective vocabulary, eroding our ability to express ourselves.

These anons are right. /r9k/ is a disgusting place. Robots have this strange, misplaced pride in living as miserably as they possibly can, turning it into a competition and acting like they're above anyone who puts effort into improving their lives.
Nobody cares about whether or not you get girls because it's completely irrelevant to anyone's life but your own. People don't think you're "bad" for bringing it up, they think you're a whiny twat, which is true. Attention and money have nothing to do with whether or not you care about literature. Leave, frogposter.

>pepe the frog man
>'Chad'
>virgin

Back to /r9k/

Those are your values, maybe those of the pleb trash out there as well. But what matters to me is not how I'm perceived, it's how I feel. And I've managed to genuinely delude myself into feeling superior due to reading.

>girls don't like me therefore books are stupid
Why does every single thing in the life of a frogposter relate back to their virginity? Nobody gives a shit. There is an entire board dedicated to your whining already, I honestly don't understand why you pathetic fucks feel the need to pollute other places too.

>There is no universal "should."

People say that but never take the extra step to realize the implications of believing something like that

Go on then, be so kind and tell us what we're missing, fag.

Elaborate - tho many have, in fact, done so, then wrote amazing literature in the subject and influenced others with it.

>all these people bashing the memefrog
pepe is literally the highest most complex form of human expression of thought. this is an objective fact.

retard blogfag

Ain't bashing the frog, just the people behind it.