Italians invented it, Americans made it better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Americans take things from other cultures, and improve them.
We do it to everything. "Authentic" means obsolete. Thank us for fixing your mistakes.

more like Americans invented and perfected it while Italians created a fake-authentic version that can be made super cheaply to sell to tourists and now hipsters in America

American arrogance. Love it.
You are tasteless fat fucks and you know it.
The only thing you've ever accomplished is, putting more fat and cheese into something.

>typical mad europoor
Don't be upset, you still have the upper hand in kebabs.

italian """""pizza""""" was flat bread with tomato and cheese. america made it into the pizza that the rest of the world knows and loves

What we do in America is take whatever foods reach our shores and to our best to turn them into something that resembles a cheeseburger. If you really love cheeseburgers you'll consider that an improvement. Otherwise you won't.

Someone is butthurt that their 500 year old recipe was modernized and improved by nearly all metrics?
"Time should stand still and nothing should change! EVER!"
Do you really think your ancient people got it right the first time? Say that with a straight face, in front of a peer review panel. Go ahead.
You faggots need to stop insisting that your SHIT recipes from hundreds of years ago "nailed it". They clearly have not.

>putting more fat and cheese into something.
Thats literally how you make things taste better

Taste better to fatasses who do not understand restraint.

tastes better to individuals with human genes. We literally evolved to consider that shit tasty

Tomatoes came from the Americas. Where would "Italian" cuisine be without it?

checkmate wops

If you're a four year old. Part of developing a sense of taste is gaining an appreciation for more complex and varied flavors. Otherwise you may as well just eat lard with salt and sugar.

complex and varied are in no way mutually exclusive to fatty
you are just saying random shit with no connect to the previous argument

So Bob and Joe invented the classics Capricciosa, Quattro stagioni and Diavolo?

>shit that was invented after american pizza

My point is that making foods fattier does not make them better. There are aesthetic balances in traditional foods and a sense of restraint that goes right out the window when they become Americanized. Like I said earlier, they get cheeseburgerized. If your aesthetics lean that way you'll consider that an improvement. But not everyone thinks that way.

This has not always been the case. It's a 20th Century American thing.

>My point is that making foods fattier does not make them better.
Your point is objectively wrong. Adding cheese to shit makes them taste better because cheese is full of fat, salt and glutamate, things we evolved to perceive as delicious
>There are aesthetic balances in traditional foods
being too poor to afford good shit is not an aesthetic choice. Traditional people ate terrible shit because thats all they had, they could have nice cheese and rich meat in all of their meals, its not because they thought it was cool to not incorporate the best ingredients into their meals

Doesn't matter your taste, your brain is hardwired to find fat and salt delicious.

It's evolution and shit brah.

i hate the italians, i hope the "refugees" destroy them next after they're done with germany

Go stick a kebab up your boy pussy, your europoor ass has gotten blown the fuck out of this thread. Fucking homo.

>thinking it's only one country

Look at all the stuff that gets put on hotdogs elsewhere and not many Burgers really care. The lone exception seems to be Shitcago but who cares about what those losers think.

By that logic everyone would like McDonald's, and that's very much not the case.
I love how defensive garbage eaters get about their diets. And I'm American, just lucky enough to live where I never have to resort to eating bad pizza.

>By that logic everyone would like McDonald's, and that's very much not the case
McDoubles objectively taste good, if you don't like them its only because you don't think it is cool to like them

It's funny that you believe this. I've been across the country several times. My experience has been that in places where overkill and excess are highly valued the food itself tends to be awful. But people happy eating awful food on a daily basis have a great deal of trouble with the idea that better food exists, and they think it's a scam to make them look stupid while bilking money from rich people. Fortunately not all of the country is like this.

You seem to be confused as to what we are talking about. No one is saying the McDonalds is awesome, or that anyone should ever going there, simply that you are lying if you say a McDouble doesn't even taste good

>Italians invented it, Americans made it better
ehh, im not saying our pizza is bad, but there is good quality in the original recipes. when in season and i can bag a few, i use this old american recipe for doing my birds. old recipes can be good too. that being said, i dont mind a, and im sorry for saying this, artisan flatbread with some oddball ingredients. i just think americans, in the better areas of the country, are willing to experiment more.

>you are lying if you say a McDouble doesn't even taste good
The first bite tastes good, and it gets progressively more disgusting with each bite. Unless you eat it very quickly it will not taste good at all by the end.

>Homer invented it
>john green perfected it

This is how impossibly retarded you faggots sound

> Americans made it better

not the case with any cuisine ever.

Accept for maybe burgers and sandwiches. I'd say the best of those are here in the USA.

>Unless you eat it very quickly it will not taste good at all by the end.
um, they are pretty small, its not like it takes more than a minute or two to eat

Not really. There's an upper limit. And the pizza you're praising uses low quality, shelf stable ingredients. I don't even hink of this as American vs Italian because my ideal pizza is not quite traditional and has been served in the states for a long time..

But generic American pizza sauce is fucking awful. So is the cheese and the meat.

You really can't compare smooth tomato sauce made in house to that dried out sort of chunky poorly seasoned canned stuff you get on most pizzas here. Nor can you compare the cheese to fresh slices of mozzarella. And the crust..ugh. Putting more of a shitty ingredient on something doesn't make it better. I'll eat regular pizza but I would always rather have a pizza with a proper crust, with fresher ingredients, cooked in a better oven.

To be clear these "traditional" pizzas are not really much less fatty and salty proportionally, there is just less pizza volume altogether.

>Not really. There's an upper limit
I like eating cheese on its own, so I don't believe that

OK, but wouldn't you rather eat a ball of fresh mozzarella on its own than string cheese or the shredded crap that comes in a bag full of sawdust?

literally the case with every cuisine you unpatriotic fuck. try eating real Chinese food compared to it's westernized counterpart. it's fucking disgusting. anyone with any skill left their shithole of a home country for america and perfected their craft here. the euros alive today still living in europe are the decedents of cowards and losers who were too scared to cross the Atlantic and instead stayed peasants.

95% of chink food is horrible poverty tier or snobby offal but that remaining 5% is leagues better than "chicken battered and covered in bright red syrup" american chinese.

>but wouldn't you rather eat a ball of fresh mozzarella on its own than string cheese
eh, they are about equal. I don't feel strongly on the issue. But I would much rather have a pizza with a decent amount of cheese than a hipster 'authentic' one with like 3 little balls on it

>Implying using fat and dairy products make one fat.
God these containment boards are awful

Suicide

chinese invented it, italians adopted it after marco polo brought it back, americans just loaded it up

People wouldn't even know what the fuck pizza was without America

Italians may have been putting shit on top of flat bread, but it wasn't pizza until America

yeah, pretty much

We're America... it's what we do.

>Americans made it better
This is a thread I can get behind.
Props to Chicago for making something that causes so many tears.

Italian pizza is a part of a line-up of various low income dishes. Bread is cheap and they didn't have money to get a lot of ingredients so they made due. Along the line, this bred their arrogance about "authentic", burnt bread and tasteless cheese.

this.

Name five.

Germans invented, Americans made it better

>Italians invented it
Hardly.
They put tomato and garnish on a shitty quesadilla.

>Americans made it pizza
This is correct.

>Props to Chicago for making something that causes so many tears.
This is undeniable.
I don't know about you, but vomiting makes me cry.

>made it better

yeah, right

>yeah, right
That is a factually accurate statement.

How many of the memers have even tried proper Chicago pizza (from Lou's, Pizzeria Uno, etc)?.

Rhetorical question obviously since the answer is none.

Also. Potatoes came from peru. Where would mick cuisine be without potato?

Chicago is just too close to casserole or lasagna for me. I hate both.
Both make me vomit.

That's too bad

>proper Chicago pizza
>Lou Malnati
>Uno
>proper
>proper
This triggers me so much I think I've attained godhood.
Those places are absolute ass, Giordano's is better than them and Giordano's is tourist garbage.
Local is where it's at. J.B. Alberto's and Pete's are excellent ones.

>Americans take things from other cultures, and improve them.
Take cheese as an example.
You're welcome

Pizzeria Uno literally invented the dish. If they're not 'proper' then no one is. And we're talking about the actual Pizzeria Uno here, not Uno, the chain.
>Giordano's is better
Opinion discarded. Giordano's is actually the sort of cheese slop people falsely characterize all Chicago pizza as being, not to mention the bready dominoes-tier crust. You have no idea what you're talking about.

>not to mention the bready dominoes-tier crust
domino's has the best crust in the game...
Your opinion is discarded.

>Pizzeria Uno literally invented the dish. If they're not 'proper' then no one is.
So you're making the argument that authentic is superior and thus Chicago stuffed is a casserole.
You can't even help adopting someone elses opinion.

but it isnt ancient. One of the staples of Italian cooking is the tomato.

The tomato is from the New World -- and they didnt eat them right away. Everyone thought they were poisonous because the tomato is from the family of the nightshade.

It wasnt until bums/beggars who had nothing else to eat chomped on them and didnt die that people began to consider them food.

So, Italians and their tomato dishes aren't as old as some people want you to believe.

the original pizza was Greek and called Plakous and Italians put tomato on it and made it better

Idunno faggot. I dont know what you and him are talking about. and I've seen unos pie and it is indeed shit, but this picture is perfect and I would demolish it. would be even better with real toppings like feta anchovies etc but hay shitty pep is acceptable. it's american cheese on burger tier, are you really going to complain?

the pie, the pan, and the bread, all look decently proportioned. It's obviously not a cassarole depicted. though you'd be hard pressed to find something like that in chicago.

the idea of pizza being ancient is that it's basically focaccia

>Greek flatbread pastry with toppings

>invented by Italians

just putting shit on flatbread doesn't mean they invented pizza

>putting shit on flatbread
that what a pizza is

this desu

pizza didn't exist until the new world

Pizza is more specific than that

>Idunno faggot.
Shit argument if you have to resort to ad hominems. Accept Uno and Lou are shit and that you are a parrot.

Pizza is different, the dough and toppings are baked together.

You could say that Pizza didnt exist without Mexico.

So, Mexicans invented pizza

the only difference from that ancient pizza with modern is the addition of tomatoes or tomato sauce which didn't exist until they brought tomatoes from new world. It was basically a white pizza

>just putting shit on flatbread doesn't mean they invented pizza
Why not, if the italians get to do it, why shouldn't the greeks?

That picture is proper, authentic Chicago pizza. Thin, crispy, buttery crust, a sensible amount of cheese, mostly sauce and toppings.

>Do you really think your ancient people got it right the first time? Say that with a straight face, in front of a peer review panel. Go ahead.

Just like your constitution Burgerclap

>adding cheese to ice cream makes it taste better
>adding salt to ice cream makes it taste better
>adding lard to ice cream makes it taste better

>adding cheese to sushi makes it taste better
>adding cheese to fruit makes them taste better
>adding cheese to sturgeon caviar makes it taste better

[slow, Americanized burger clap]

exactly. That shit on the other side of the atlantic looks pathetic. And now it's trying to make a "comeback" in hipster areas in california and the northwest.

It's fucking sauce on a cracker, often with not enough cheese or anything on it. They can fuck right off with that shit

>adding cheese to sushi makes it taste better

no

>thread starts with a handful autistic burgers jerking each other off
>evolves into an actual discussion over the origin of pizza

Love you, Veeky Forums. Never give in to shitposters, fast food shills and memelords.

Read the post he quoted.....

The only objection I have to this argument is that the improvement of pizza was a North American thing, not just an American thing. Toronto and Montreal were just as important as New York in the evolution of pizza.

Why should I be mad. I have like 4 turkish pizza joints within walking distance from my home.

I think we as a whole nation tend to destroy foods. Our pizza just seems to be over the top with cheese and grease and toppings. I even see adults who don't eat crust so why not just melt a pound of cheese in a dish with pepperoni and peppers and mushrooms mixed in it and eat it with spoons. It's basically the same thing as Americanized pizza. We take normal hamburgers which really aren't that unhealthy then put a ton of cheese, sauces, bacon, this that all over it until it's so large you have to mash it down to fit it into your mouth. Even donuts are hamburger buns. Popcorn can be a healthy snack but nope. A two gallon tub of it coated and dripping in butter and salt isn't. Adding sugar to bacon and sausage and HFCS to just about everything. We can't enjoy simple things like banana or lime milk or rose flavored frozen yogurt. It has to be super sugary candy filled, syrup drizzled, swirled up stuff. We don't make things better. We destroy them with the same flavors over and over and over. This is bland. ADD SALT OR SUGAR YOU WILL LIKE IT. I don't get it.

Retards.

THAT ONE ABOVE ISN'T EVEN FUCKING PIZZA HOLY SHIT I KNEW THIS WAS A BAIT THREAD BUT THIS TAKES ALL THE FUCKING CAKE!
EVERYONE GO DIE IN A FIRE OR SOME SHIT YOU DAMN FUCKHEADS

If it's nothing more than that, how can you be proud of it?

>Italians invented pizza
Veeky Forums confirmed for most retarded board.

>this triggers the italian

Well, if the King wasnt such a fucking DICK, then it would be called English style pizza.

Too much cheese. Too thick crust.

>eats pizza with a knife and fork
wot

>pizza
>image is cheese garlic bread

American Pizza recipe:
youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

I hope this explains it. Thread closed.

>implying italian pizza isn't just a quesadilla with tomato and garnish
wew lad