Siddhartha discussion?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/review/show/1454397
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to talk about it op, i swear.
but i cannot transfer you my wisdom :^)

Same for me OP

I need to go work on a ferry or something now

But really it was amazing. What should I read if I loved this book?

it really would have been better if govinda had whipped out siddhartha's floppy cock and blew it for hours. i felt robbed, honestly.

sorry OP too busy starving myself to discuss it, I'll get back too you when i can walk on water

I loved how well demonstrated that point was. It was especially alarming how much of an indictment it was of Buddhism but with the weirdest backhanded support at the same time. I think Hesse was absolutely correct about wisdom strictly being the result of personal experiential journeys. It made me think a lot about my former marriage and how people tried to warn me but I never realized what a mistake it was until I had to wake up day after day next to her thinking that that was it. Siddhartha was so relatable.

>reading it at park
>lady start talking to me and asks what I am reading
>show her the cover
>she laughs

what does it mean?

You have to be at least 18 years old to post on this website.

I am

means you're a pleb.

Then you have undiagnosed intellectual disability.

>he's too pretentious to enjoy hesse
laughingrivers.jpg

How do you know it's undiagnosed?

Let me guess, you are a weed reliant undergraduate?

No, I'm an alcoholic.

Embarrassing.

Also just finished this. Really good book. However, I was upset that there weren't any bragging stories of Sid's sexual magic powers and how he could use them to blast twenty prostate contractions like a machine gun per second.

It felt very sterile, like a love affair with an elderly proctologist. A wikipedia-researched book before wikipedia.

From what I remember of reading it for high school, it was very good. Liked the sort of Taoist ending, the whole book was extremely comfy. Made me want to read more of his stuff, haven't gotten around to it yet though.

>dude abandon your family to ride rafts lmao
This book is lame, buddhism is a meme religion.

the book isn't buddhist.
goodreads.com/review/show/1454397

I've read this, now what books by Hesse should I read next?

All the differing paths to peace reminded me a lot of Job.
It's hardly buddhist.

steppenwolf

I read Siddhartha then Demian. Demian I found to be a less sterile, more relatable story. It's written less like a parable and more like a standard novel, but definitely still Hesse's style.

What website is this?

goat.se

Siddharta is decent, but The Glass Bead Game is Hesse's better work.

I thought Steppenwolf had a great surrealist middle and climax, but ended in a pretty abrupt and unspecial note.

>that psychological manuscript on the Steppenwolves at the begginning
10/10 stuff. Hesse seemed like a cool guy. The only thing that annoyed me slightly about Sidharttha (which is a favourite novella of mine) is how each of his conclusions didn't have a huge range of reasons behind him. You couldn't make an academic paper on the nature of time with reference to a river and the mysticism almost amounted to romantic guesses at time. I understand that's slightly the point of the book, that enlightenment is a subjective experience, that you can't explain things in definite terms, and words certainly aren't capable of grapping those more elusive moments of divinity - but I liked seeing a more grounded book like Steppenwolf which had more of a build up of causes behind the psychological state of the novel and the character (Sidharttha just leaving his dad and giving it almost no thought always struck me as robotic).