Stew night. Sure as hell love the Fall

Stew night. Sure as hell love the Fall.

What does everyone else got going?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9Rtekvta6k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

enamel-coated dutch ovens are comfy

10/10 would eat on a stormy night

I just made 'real' ramen. Sure, noodles from the package, but toss that little salt flavor thing in the trash.

Rich chicken and veggie broth, garlic olive oil, roasted pork, green onions, soy sauce, soft-centered egg.

I hope you intend to skim before you eat. Quicky pro-tip: piece of white bread, blotted across the top is near perfect to suck all the fat up.

If you're a fat fuck, you can pan fry that bread and eat it. As a fat fuck, it tastes really fucking good.

>garlic olive oil

I think nips more commonly use sesame oil, or just squeeze a fish into their food.

You're not wrong. I had olive oil and garlic. That was easier than squeezing a Jap into the bowl.

Shakshuka. I overcooked it. So disappointed :/

Made some coq au vin in my Lodge dutch oven. Here's how to do it. Start with 5 pounds of chicken thighs and legs, dusted with flour and browned in olive oil. Reserve chicken. In the same dutch oven, cook unsalted + uncured bacon, red onion, pearl onion, carrot, celery, garlic, a pound of quartered mushrooms, then deglaze with 2/3 of a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. Add chicken pieces, herbs (fresh thyme, bay leaves, marjoram, fresh basil if available), 2 normal cans of diced tomatoes, and then add homemade chicken stock to cover plus some extra. Simmer it for several hours, removing scum and grease from surface. When it's ready, serve over linguini noodles with a bit of chopped parsley as garnish.

Sounds great. I must try it out one of these weekends.

You totally should lol

>lol
Where the fuck do you think you're redditor?

It is definitely worth eating. I basically copied the recipe from this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=d9Rtekvta6k

Only I adapted for not having access to lardons. I also used celery and carrot which he didn't, I figured why not. This guy's channel is fun to watch even if you can't speak french too.

Pair this with a nice crusty baguette and I'm in heaven.

I've never made stew. Do I just throw flour into soup?

What

In case this isn't bait.....

The basic idea is you brown meat of some kind in a pot, take the meat out, then add veggies and cook them down, re-add the meat (and here is where you can add flour if you want), mix it all together, and then add liquid like water but preferably stock. Cook it until the liquid reduces a bit, probably several hours. Good for tough cuts of meat.

BAM! Kick it up a notch!

So the thickness is mainly from the fat of the meat and maybe flour? Thanks. I recently carried 50 pounds of turkeys home. I have a lot of turkey in the freezer, can I make stew with turkey?

Sure can. It's called Turkey Stew.

Oh wow. What part of the turkey should I use? I was going to use the breast for lunch meat but I have a fucking lot of turkey so I can probably spare some turkey.

You can make a stew with roux (butter and flour) and add your water or stock to it slowly so it's all mixed well and you don't end up with dumplings.

I've made that a few times and honestly its not a very good dish.

>What part of the turkey should I use?
The general consensus is you use the part with meat.

Hope it turns out good!

Thanks user!

You certainly can, I wish I had that much turkey. Maybe google chicken stew or turkey stew to get ideas for how to use it.

Yes, the thickness of a stew can come from having flour dissolved in the broth and then evaporating the broth, so the volume is reduced but the components (except for water) remain. As for the fat, you want a bit, but not too much. Fat doesn't thicken a sauce, but sits on top of it. If you are using turkey, you might want to remove the skin before making a stew.

My Bolognese looks a lot like your stew.

Oh damn boo

Wow! What's your recipe?

Likely the same as yours. Except it looks like you didn't de-skin your tomatoes, and I topped mine with parsley and feta cheese.

That's a pretty wet bolognese